The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't buy Sarah Connor because of the crap body. Plain and simple. Sideshow may not realize this, but it is not just character choice that determines a good seller. On the other side of the coin, German Indy was a poor character choice IMO, but it still could have sold much better if they paid more attention to accuracy and also added a few more accessories like a hatless head.

My only question is: are they done with Raiders?

I have little interest in anything else from any other movie.

Well, other than Map Room Indy, if no Marion, Sallah or Marcus, who else really is left to do from Raiders that is likely, Dietrich maybe.

Why do people keep harping on about old female figures Sideshow made ages ago?
That was then, this is now, and I would like a Marion thank you very much.
Besides, I did not hear that many people moan about the Babysitter

Padme turned out fine for what they did. A Marion figure from Sideshow would look fine and her costumes would hide the flaws of the female Buck.

I'm sure Sideshow wants to do Marion, probably above other characters, but being a business it's only in their best interest to make what will sell. Marion would lkely end up a "peg warmer", or be produced in so low a quantity it's not cost-effective to make her. Sarah Connor did poorly for the T2 line, and I imagine Marion's looked at as likely to follow the same path.

You only have the luxury to sell any character you wish when your customer base is fine with spending that kind of money on any character. Star Wars is the only property I've ever seen where a character with no dialogue and 3 seconds of screen time could get someone to spend $70+ on a figure of it.

From what I've gathered around here about Indy collecting, there just isn't the same time of customer base for it, there are people who want that stuff, but not in numbers enough to support a product line, at best, small, 50-100 figure custom runs of something.

I think she'd sell as well as German Disguised Indy. I wouldn't even mind dropping $100 on her if they went that route because of the lower Es and only included the headpiece. Comparing her to Sarah is apples and oranges. T2 isn't nearly as popular as Indy, so that's redundant as there's already a larger fan base.

I didn't buy Sarah Connor because of the crap body. Plain and simple. Sideshow may not realize this, but it is not just character choice that determines a good seller. On the other side of the coin, German Indy was a poor character choice IMO, but it still could have sold much better if they paid more attention to accuracy and also added a few more accessories like a hatless head.

How can you sell better? :huh Check the website bub, he's waitlisted.

I agree with those that think Marion would be a decent seller. If the edition size was kept low like German Indy, I'm positive it would sell out. Sara Connor was pretty bad, especially since the joints were all exposed. The two Leias are, I think, pretty nice but are selling cheap on ebay because their edition sizes were so large. Padme was just terrible and came with practically no accessories.

But if they made Raven Bar Marion, she wouldn't have any joints exposed and there are plenty of accessories (like mfisher suggested) to make her even more enticing. I think Sideshow can start getting into trouble if they wanted to make Marion variants, though. She had 4 costume changes in the movie (Nepal, Cairo, Belloq dress and nightgown--I'm not counting the final Washington suit), each of which were within very important scenes in the movies. I doubt they would issue one figure with ALL the outfits and headsculpts. But maybe if they did 2 with 2 "looks" in each it could work.

Next:

Mola Ram with headdress, robe, heart, urn, 3 Stones, dagger.
EX: either flaming heart or Skull display environment for the Stones.

Then:

Marion in Bar outfit with white dress, headpiece of Staff of Ra & torch.
EX: second hair down sculpt? cobra? Well of Souls environment with pillar base, sand and snakes?

After that it's gravy.

Map Room Indy, White Tux Indy, ToD Battle Damaged Indy, Short Round, Sallah?

Next:

Mola Ram with headdress, robe, heart, urn, 3 Stones, dagger.
EX: either flaming heart or Skull display environment for the Stones.

Then:

Marion in Bar outfit with white dress, headpiece of Staff of Ra & torch.
EX: second hair down sculpt? cobra? Well of Souls environment with pillar base, sand and snakes?

After that it's gravy.

Map Room Indy, White Tux Indy, ToD Battle Damaged Indy, Short Round, Sallah?

Unless they have been working Mola Ram from the beginning I don't think we will be seeing him for a while.

Why do you say that? He can't be any more challenging or take longer in development than Henry. Unless you think Henry was in the works from the beginning.

And Marion should come with whiskey, shot glass and cigar box with money too.

Why do you say that? He can't be any more challenging or take longer in development than Henry. Unless you think Henry was in the works from the beginning.

And Marion should come with whiskey, shot glass and cigar box with money too.

I think Mola Ram is the most challenging. He has a very distinct face and the headdress is very detailed.

I think Mola Ram is the most challenging. He has a very distinct face and the headdress is very detailed.

I'm sure Trev or whoever can knock out a Mola as easily as Connery. And while the headdress is detailed, it not such a difficult job. There's a lot of latitude with something like that as it doesn't have to be so exacting, as a likeness for instance, for it to still look good. I doubt Sideshow would add mixed media hair to it, but that would be interesting.

There's no reason for Mola to take longer than anyone else unless they are engineering a light up feature :lol. Or a Big Ass Skull environment! :rock

I'm sure Trev or whoever can knock out a Mola as easily as Connery. And while the headdress is detailed, it not such a difficult job. There's a lot of latitude with something like that as it doesn't have to be so exacting, as a likeness for instance, for it to still look good. I doubt Sideshow would add mixed media hair to it, but that would be interesting.

There's no reason for Mola to take longer than anyone else unless they are engineering a light up feature :lol. Or a Big Ass Skull environment! :rock

I still disagree but we can leave it at that.

I seriously doubt SS would do anything about a bare shoulder. Fans would just have to deal with it as they do with exposed neck and wrist joints.

Strange that, as I was just thinking the same thing about a TOD Indy

Yup. I don't really like the rubber muscle sleeves Hot Toys has been doing, but I do like the new Wolverine sculpted arm. I hope Sideshow ends up doing something like that.

Wasn't there talk about a more muscle-y Pro coming out soon to be used with the Joes?

Nevermind. I just looked it up and you would still need something to cover up the clothes: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=6838

Back