The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well isn't the reason it is a no no is because SSC now takes the hit of having to send the image over here? That is why you shouldn't be posting images that SS hosts? Why should SSC have waste their money?

You mean like this hotlinked banner on the Freaks page?

spook09.jpg

You mean like this hotlinked banner on the Freaks page?

spook09.jpg

Well that image is coming from sideshowcollectors.com....not sideshowtoy.com

If you are referring to the one on the Home page, if you look at the link, it is an affliate link, which I assume is fine because its purpose is to generate money.

After bailing on German Indy, I'll probably pick up Senior and then just cherry-pick the rest. Canceling it after Senior would make it that much easier. I can understand why they'd want to cancel it too. They've made quite a bit of poor choices along the way (A loose Indy w/headsculpt too heavy for the body to hold up, Belloq who looks nothing like the actor, not chroming the Ark, German Indy, a $70 polystone fridge) that have resulted in every figure sticking around instead of being sold out. The shame here is that we'll get blamed as customers for not buying that crap vs. admit the ball might've been dropped with their production choices. :(

Anyway, I agree with you to a point. Sideshow did not make the best decisions with some of their offerings (like all that you pointed out). Maybe some of those would have sold better if they were later down the line. But I would have hoped that seeing the poor sales would have made Sideshow become smarter with the future choices, instead of abandoning the 1:6 line altogether. Maybe they're doing that with exploring the TOD figures, thinking that those two are sure-fire hits (which they are!). But they can't create those til they work out the naked arm logistics.

Like I said in the Henry thread, I'm more determined now to have the complete line than before. Not because I want to prove to Sideshow that people are still buying the line, but because I feel like the figures are now more rare since there will only be a handful of them for the entire line.

Anyway, I agree with you to a point. Sideshow did not make the best decisions with some of their offerings (like all that you pointed out). Maybe some of those would have sold better if they were later down the line. But I would have hoped that seeing the poor sales would have made Sideshow become smarter with the future choices, instead of abandoning the 1:6 line altogether. Maybe they're doing that with exploring the TOD figures, thinking that those two are sure-fire hits (which they are!). But they can't create those til they work out the naked arm logistics.

Like I said in the Henry thread, I'm more determined now to have the complete line than before. Not because I want to prove to Sideshow that people are still buying the line, but because I feel like the figures are now more rare since there will only be a handful of them for the entire line.

Normally I'd agree with you, but there's the little fact that they're "pausing" the line after Henry Sr., not KOTCS Indy who's not only been announced but already come and gone for Pre-order. That struck me as odd and given that everything in the Q&A is reviewed before posted, someone should've caught that if it was a mistake. I'm reading this as the infamous "on hold." If they make more, GREAT! If not, I won't be any more disappointed than I am now. It's been a long time coming as there's been a nagging issue in one form or another, with every single release in this 1:6 line. :(

Normally I'd agree with you, but there's the little fact that they're "pausing" the line after Henry Sr., not KOTCS Indy who's not only been announced but already come and gone for Pre-order. That struck me as odd and given that everything in the Q&A is reviewed before posted, someone should've caught that if it was a mistake. I'm reading this as the infamous "on hold." If they make more, GREAT! If not, I won't be any more disappointed than I am now. It's been a long time coming as there's been a nagging issue in one form or another, with every single release in this 1:6 line. :(

Not sure I follow. What are you interpreting from the Henry "mistake"? Are you suggesting that they are going to cancel KOTCS Indy? :confused:

Not sure I follow. What are you interpreting from the Henry "mistake"? Are you suggesting that they are going to cancel KOTCS Indy? :confused:

At best, I think he'll be a "Gandalf," which would be an appropriate bookend to the 1:6 line.

Just went back and read the Q&A again and their detour right into the plug for the dio and PF lines after announcing the "pause" reminds me of what they pretty much said post Gandalf when the question of Gimli and the villains and LOTR's 1:6 future came up. :lol

I submitted a comment on the Sideshow Answers page and saw some others had voiced their disappointment about the Indy 1:6 line. Maybe we should all write in and show Sideshow that there's still interest in the line. Every little bit helps!

I will be sorely disappointed if they give up on this line. I'm not going to buy dioramas I don't think. Even though the bridge scene looks cool. I have both PFs, but I'm not sure how many more I'd get-probably a TOD Indy with sword. But there's something about the ability to fiddle around with different poses and accessories that makes 1/6 scale really fun. Plus they still have a nostalgic appeal of the toys from when I was a kid-I never got statues when I was 7 years old! Come on Sideshow, you can do it. Just make 'em great, we'll buy!

Honestly, the Indy line has been a big disappointment for me. The first figure was okay, and still the best production 1/6 Indy. But just has too many annoying issues from the floppy body, to shiny skin.

I'd like to be more enthusiastic, but look-a-like Belloq and baby-face Toht w/dull Ark accessory just sucked the interest out of the line for me.

I got the PF and that thing kicks some major ass... so that will be my one Indy item.

Looks like my NEXT 1/6th figure from the Indiana Jones series is gonna be my own custom MARION... Nepal Bar guise, cigarette, whiskey, Ra headpiece, even that wooden candle-holder she sets it on.

Dammit -- I'm gonna do it.

Looks like my NEXT 1/6th figure from the Indiana Jones series is gonna be my own custom MARION... Nepal Bar guise, cigarette, whiskey, Ra headpiece, even that wooden candle-holder she sets it on.

Dammit -- I'm gonna do it.

are they the figures you own in your sig Wor-Gar ?.
I've seen new ones add on gradually and have always wondered. :D

Honestly, the Indy line has been a big disappointment for me. The first figure was okay, and still the best production 1/6 Indy. But just has too many annoying issues from the floppy body, to shiny skin.

I'd like to be more enthusiastic, but look-a-like Belloq and baby-face Toht w/dull Ark accessory just sucked the interest out of the line for me.

I got the PF and that thing kicks some major ass... so that will be my one Indy item.

I feel the same way as galactiboy. I'm still working on my SS Indy to make him look like I want him too and the other releases were just mediocre with Belloq just being a huge disappointment for me.

I really couldn't care less if SS never did another figure in the 1:6 Indy line but I'd love for HT to give it a go.

are they the figures you own in your sig Wor-Gar ?.
I've seen new ones add on gradually and have always wondered. :D

No rhyme or reason to my sig. It started out as my favorite customs... and then Indy got in and screwed it all up. :)

I'll have to redo it sometime. Maybe go back to the original intent.

Back