The New Hulk........hmmmmmmmmmm!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
just checked out the new full trailer on the apple website. I must say, I'm still not all that impressed with the effects. I thought the previous Ang Lee incarnation looked more realistic. This one looks too synthetic. I know some of the fanboys will be over the moon. But this kind of reminds me of the effects used on the Mummy pt. 2 when everyone slagged off the scorpion king monster! (which ironically, I liked).

Any thoughts from the experts?

D:(

I actually feel the same way. I prefer the new Hulk design over the Jolly green doughboy of the 2003 movie, but at least in the previous movie Hulk was lit better and was integrated into his surroundings a whole lot more convincingly. It's been what, 5 years since Ang Lee's Hulk and the new flick can't blow it out of the water CG-wise?

But I'll hold further judgement until I see the film.

The acting (or direction) and storyline will surely be better, but the CG does appear to have taken a step back. :(

I guess I'm in the minority. I actually like it. To me it looks no more realistic than the Ang Lee Hulk, definitely in both you were able to tell it was CGI but this one has a more humanistic feel for me if that makes any sense. Not fanboy about it but I like it.

I think this Hulk has a better overall design, and under the right circumstances looks as realistic as Angs, but in some of the more action moments, it feels like either the CGI is still a work in progress, or that's how it is and the filmmakers chose to give it a stylized appearance, there's just something unrealistic looking about some of the movements. I prefer to have the Hulk always looking like he's really alive and there, but being that it's a comic book film, as long as the sequences are engaging enough, I will look past the style of CG and just enjoy the ride. Thankfully, we shouldn't have to go through the stupid Comic-style cuts again, WORST part of Ang's film, it got very annoying after awhile.

well hopefully it doesn't suck. i still don't like tim roth's character. i saw the new trailer last night in iron man and i wasn't impressed at all.

Yeah, not digging the CGI at all. But it should still be a fun movie.

BTW, IRON MAN is just awesome. Easily in my Top 3 or 4 favorite comic book movies already.

An AVENGERS film will own all.

I'm no expert because I happened to like the first one and this looks just as good, ummm bad, enjoyable. Afterall, it's the ever lovin' Invincible Hulk. You know he's going to win. and if Bill Bixby can play him, then Ed Norton won't disappoint. Bana was too buff to be Banner the weedy scientist any who. At least this time he has something more than the army to battle. :rock Hopefully theres even more added to the Hulk story, rather than just a rinse, recycle and repeat. I guess I'm gonna find out soon enough.

An Avengers movie was never done mainly because of fear of production costs although with the paydays that Comic movies are making its a no brainer to hit your heavy hitters into a film like that. Justice League was done in the 90s a horribly as a TV Series I know so there is hesitation about doing something like this.

I just wonder who they'll cast....The Avengers was an everchanging team with a few solid regulars like Iron Man and Captain America....but there were a few who came and went depending on writer not to mention they'll have to use some of the first film to introduce staple members like Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym etc if they are used.....I just hope they don't sell out and make a cast of Wolverine, Blade, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk etc just because they've already been done in a film....

There are things I like better about this Hulk than the Ang Lee version, but I'm still pretty disappointed. I can get over it though. Frankly I'm more disappointed in the design for Abomination than the Hulk, I don't know why it's so hard for Hollywood to translate characters to the screen sometimes. I heard the director's reasoning for it, but that doesn't cut it for me.

On a more positive note, I LOVE Norton for Banner. And Liv for Betty for that matter. Heck, the entire cast is a winner in my opinion.

On a more positive note, I LOVE Norton for Banner. And Liv for Betty for that matter. Heck, the entire cast is a winner in my opinion.

Those and the ties to the 70s TV series are the biggest things to win me over. I like Norton as an actor, and between music and other subtle things, there's some strong reflections of the Bixby series which I'll always treasure.

Back