The most meh figure of the year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that 3A puts out a lot of repaints, but that´s mostly cause the fans want that, 3A is one of the few companies that listen to its costumers all the time, that´s playing this game in a different way. BTW have you seen the WWR Grunts that 3A put out this year, for a 100 bucks that´s the best value of a 1/6 I´ve seen.
But I know, i´m another fan, so 3A will keep getting my cash on a monthly basis.

GO LEGION

The MEH of the year. Everything Hot Toys. Their QC is getting ugly. I´m trying hard to like their figures. But there´s always something. Hope the Classic Predator do the trick, but that mesh, :slap

Thor. His expression itself was Meh. Didn't like body, the material they used for the chainmail or the armor.

Also, I'd like to take the time to thank myself and EvilFace for creating polar opposite threads of awesomeness. :lol

HT New Goblin gets my vote...fantastic figure and amazing likeness of James Franco :D:D Big sleeper of 2011!

I'm confused as to how the T1 T-800 isn't a good representation of Arnold. I mean, he's right there! To each their own I guess, but I was thinking he was one of the clear winners this year...

I'm confused as to how the T1 T-800 isn't a good representation of Arnold. I mean, he's right there! To each their own I guess, but I was thinking he was one of the clear winners this year...

Always tho that ppl sayin' such things bcoz of the WOW-factor only.
Yes I'm serious and nitpicky when it comes to muh most desired figures from beloved iconic films.
And I regret nothing coz I can still enjoy these figures but also soberly evaluate them.

Given what you sayin in your vids I think you can understand me like nobody else in this regard :monkey3

Mark V. It is not awful, but it doesn't have the shine of the other Iron Man armors.
BB Batman. Sculpt is awesome, but the rest is worse than the original release.

The most "meh" figure I bought this year: HTs Thor.

The most "meh" fig I didn't buy: HTs New Goblin

The most "meh" line: SSCs Star Wars; they did some cool things this year with Yoda, Greedo and Momaw Nadon but the constant trooper releases kinda over shadowed the other releases and left the line feeling kinda flat...great work on the Yoda hut though. Next year should be better with Fett, IG-88 and EP1 Obi & Battle Droids. Much more diverse release schedule.

Sorry, I added more than what was asked.

HT BB Batman.

I have this figure and have to agree. When I received it, I was excited but now that it's on the shelf kinda meh. I still find new life with my DX Bats and Joker, but with this, it's kind of well meh :lol

HT New Goblin gets my vote...fantastic figure and amazing likeness of James Franco :D:D Big sleeper of 2011!
agree with this too. I was going to get it just b/c of how great it looks but really really don't care for the character
Most likely to be the meh figure of 2012 - Samurai Predator. What a waste.
:exactly:

not to mention the crazy price tag to go with it. I think it's going to hit the SS giftcard list pretty fast

Back