The Marvels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zurdo single handedly doing the marketing for this movie

I think Marvel needs to hire you Zurdo you are doing a better job than they are

The best advertisement I've seen for this movie came from Zurdo95D :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1362.gif

Wow, hadn't realized just how badly this was doing - ten days after release it still hadn't crossed $100m overseas? :horror

Must really hurt with the name of the movie being so close to the name of the franchise/company too.

View attachment 675180
What gets me after watching too much YT vids where the reasons for the poor BO are dissected - WTF.

It didn't do well 'coz it's a B level film, with nothing to elevate it to A level like happens with some films where it's just really good fun (sue me, I think Transformers1 is good fun AND the CGI transformations are pretty mindblowing); or maybe has a cast so full of charisma yah just gotta see it.

When is the Twitterverse, Disney, the MCU etc. just gonna get u make a lackluster product (especially with the inflated economy) u get lackluster results (and this isn't an intelligent film like a war drama that may not have huge BO but is amazing; something like Andor).

Folks seriously think people should turn up because this is the first female MCU black director? Who cares or even thinks about that going to a film? This doesn't have the character name draw of Wonder Woman. EVERYONE knows Wonder Woman.

Just slap it onto D+ like that leaden Mermaid effort and hire some decent writers with a background in the comics. For *&^%$ sake. Cast for the part. Stop making talented actors having to mouth dribble and messaging. Find a way give Nick Fury his dignity back. :stake
Nick4.jpg

Just slap it onto D+

I think this may be one of the factors why things are on a downward trend for the smaller properties. People are just gonna wait for it to be on D+12 weeks later, rather than having to see it at the cinema.

I think this may be one of the factors why things are on a downward trend for the smaller properties. People are just gonna wait for it to be on D+12 weeks later, rather than having to see it at the cinema.
Yeah, I really don't get why these companies make these big budget movies available for streaming so quickly. I think it would make more sense financially to put them behind a firewall for the first year or so and make people either buy the digital download, rent it or buy a physical copy (blu-ray/DVD). If you want to get people into theaters don't give them an option to see it a few weeks later via a service for which they're already paying. I don't know about most people but I don't subscribe to streaming services to see movies that have already been in theaters - I subscribe for the new creative content that only they provide.

Obviously, it would be Disney Presents Marvel's The Marvels. :lol

I've seen it twice and will probably go a third time next week after the holiday.

I can’t wait to go see it many more times !!!!!!!! 😃

Garth Zurdo meeting Brie Larson for the first time........
200.gif
;)

True :lol

Yeah, I really don't get why these companies make these big budget movies available for streaming so quickly. I think it would make more sense financially to put them behind a firewall for the first year or so and make people either buy the digital download, rent it or buy a physical copy (blu-ray/DVD). If you want to get people into theaters don't give them an option to see it a few weeks later via a service for which they're already paying. I don't know about most people but I don't subscribe to streaming services to see movies that have already been in theaters - I subscribe for the new creative content that only they provide.
Speakin' for myself Covid lockdowns, and mediocre offerings got me out of the theater habit. Wasn't long ago (pre Covid I guess) there'd be a least something reasonable...

So now a film has to have some particular interest for me (Dune) or the shype has to be off the charts. Even Equalizer 3 didn't get me out the door. More and more, I find I'm glad I didn't bother.

Ironically, IMO Loki deserves a full theater treatment, in hindsight. Awesome narrative that brings everything full circle (like Loki sacrificing all - having learned from the classic Loki and yah know, having this actual character arc) tho obviously it was too long for a movie. Loki looks better designed/production/effects than the Marvels - even in trailers.

So I'll be saving my 30$ (ticket + snacks etc) and catch this on D+. It's not like D+ didn't double their price, more or less anyway from when I signed up. LOL Disney working overtime to drop that stock price. :stake :slap

Last edited:
So how's that Black girl magic doing in terms of butts in the seats Marvel?
I must say though Brie Larson is f'n hot even if she's a dumbo. Now fire everyone that worked on every projects of phase 4. Feige and Iger first.

So how's that Black girl magic doing in terms of butts in the seats Marvel?
I must say though Brie Larson is f'n hot even if she's a dumbo. Now fire everyone that worked on every projects of phase 4. Feige and Iger first.
Wow... Thanks for time traveling forward from 1961 to add absolutely no value to the thread... and Brie is a dumbo... :(

Wow... Thanks for time traveling forward from 1961 to add absolutely no value to the thread... and Brie is a dumbo... :(
Well lets break down his statement because technically he’s not wrong.

Female action stars like Leia, Ripley, Lewis (Robocop), and Connor are from an era considered “dark” times for women rights yet everyone loves them, literally everyone loves them.

Even left wing pundits have come out and said that Brie messed up badly with her public relations responsibilities to her employers no different than Gina Carano and the recent no name actress from the Scream franchise and who can forget dumb dumb Jenniffer Lawrence female action star comment debacle AND the most famous cringe female power comment from Elizabeth Banks to Steven Spielberg :slap

Grace Randolph a feminist recently destroyed Brie’s public relations comments from a business perspective. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding black women leads unfortunately again he’s not wrong they are not box office draws that a studio would want to invest hundreds of millions.

Black Panther 1 was a rare success not soley dependent on black women though.

Regarding Brie well he’s right again she is hot lol

Remember Hollywood is all about business they just hide behind fake social justice they’re the worst offenders against protecting children and women just look at “rapey” Harvey and Pascal’s emails about women’s salaries.

Fair wages you ask, Hollywood full of union busting executives.

Everyone wants to move forward with actual empowerment in an organic and natural manner that respects the narrative of the story and established franchises.

Blade 1 and 2 are masterpieces.

Blade 3 is a guilty pleasure lol

I never EVER want to see a white Blade though.

Natalie Portman literally just came out this week and said that children should never be subjected to Hollywood people because their lives are in serious danger if parents are not involved with oversight!!!

Last edited:
Back