1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Incinerator Stormtrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the review I do also think this looks jarringly clean considering the setting of the show.

It's the contrast between the ratty, down and out Remnant who were working for The Client, and the well-equipped Remnant carrying on where they left off under Moff Gideon:

Incinerator_Stormtrooper_-_The_Mandalorian_S01E08-1024x995.png

latest

It's the contrast between the ratty, down and out Remnant who were working for The Client, and the well-equipped Remnant carrying on where they left off under Moff Gideon:

Incinerator_Stormtrooper_-_The_Mandalorian_S01E08-1024x995.png

latest

I would then question why the red paint markings of his armor are all chipped up. Not on the HT figure but the character in general.

I would then question why the red paint markings of his armor are all chipped up. Not on the HT figure but the character in general.

But that?s the thing. HT should be going for screen accurate. You can question the show, but if the figure is true to what you see on screen [emoji2369]
Also. It?s easy to weather a figure yourself. It?s pretty damn hard to unweather a factory weathered figure if you wanted it screen accurate.

Man, after watching that MRC review this figure is starting to get a lot more tempting. The mix of white, red and black just really makes it pop and it would clearly stand out great in a collection.

Man, after watching that MRC review this figure is starting to get a lot more tempting. The mix of white, red and black just really makes it pop and it would clearly stand out great in a collection.

Yeah. After seeing him unboxed it would be cool just to have a Stormtrooper with the red markings. I don't really care for a Stormtrooper with a traditional looking Flame Thrower. Thought it was dumb in the ST as well. But knowing the backpack is not somehow permanently attached and seeing him without it now has me thinking... :huh

But that?s the thing. HT should be going for screen accurate. You can question the show, but if the figure is true to what you see on screen [emoji2369]
Also. It?s easy to weather a figure yourself. It?s pretty damn hard to unweather a factory weathered figure if you wanted it screen accurate.

All true, I wasn't questioning HT execution but the character himself.

And really just questioning the existence of the figure period. I know it's an easy Stormtrooper for them to make but I wish the time and resources were spent on more important characters.

Because white is the natural color of the armor piece. But the red is paint. Slight use can damage the paint, whereas more abuse is needed to damage the armor. If you look closely, no indentation or scratches is present in the red portions.

That's the only explanation that comes to my mind.

Yeah the red markings could have been put on the armor much later, after the Battle of Endor. In which cased it would scratch off much easier than something that had been manufactured by the Empire.

So they care enough to keep their armor squeaky clean, but don't give a damn about their own custom paint chipping away?

So they care enough to keep their armor squeaky clean, but don't give a damn about their own custom paint chipping away?

Armor can be cleaned/buffed and it?s mass produced, custom paint jobs are by definition customized, time consuming and require skill.

Armor can be cleaned/buffed and it?s mass produced, custom paint jobs are by definition customized, time consuming and require skill.
What a strange and irrelevant bit of information to add to this now drawn out and tiresome discussion.
2075bd3611322e45be89002c0993b638.gif
30d06cf0b430eb62885cdeb4a4dbeabd.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

What a strange and irrelevant bit of information to add to this now drawn out and tiresome discussion.
2075bd3611322e45be89002c0993b638.gif
30d06cf0b430eb62885cdeb4a4dbeabd.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Well, he?s trying to explain why the red paint on a stormtroopers armor can look scratched while the white is pretty much clean... on the actual armor, not the figure. Sounds plausible [emoji2369]
no more irrelevant than our two following comments ;-)

Well, he?s trying to explain why the red paint on a stormtroopers armor can look scratched while the white is pretty much clean... no more irrelevant than our two following comments ;-)

But my previous point which he quoted was that if they care enough to clean and perfectly maintain the rest of the armor, wouldn't they also do something about the red paint imperfections? The reason the red is flawed has nothing to do with it.

But my previous point which he quoted was that if they care enough to clean and perfectly maintain the rest of the armor, wouldn't they also do something about the red paint imperfections? The reason the red is flawed has nothing to do with it.

Not sure if they would paint the red again every time they clean the armor... but whatever. We can all make up our own explanations I guess [emoji2369]

If we want to do some more mental gymnastics over various paint apps, its worth noting that in real time of war you work with what you got in theater. Its possible the armor was given red markings, but no other paint was available where he was deployed later on.

Or we can just accept thats how he looked in the show and thats how the licensor approved of the figure :dunno

If we want to do some more mental gymnastics over various paint apps, its worth noting that in real time of war you work with what you got in theater. Its possible the armor was given red markings, but no other paint was available where he was deployed later on.

Or we can just accept thats how he looked in the show and thats how the licensor approved of the figure :dunno

This is true. I now regret bringing it up but my point from the beginning has been that he looks too clean on the show especially considering how gritty/dirty the setting is. While accurate to the show I don't think it makes for a particularly good looking figure, it gives it a kinda cheap vibe. If you want to see something similar that looks way better check out the 501st clone. I guess I'll again echo that this was a pretty unnecessary release on my way out the door. Yes it's an easy figure to make, no it doesn't make sense that we can buy this but not Kuiil or Cara Dune.

This is true. I now regret bringing it up but my point from the beginning has been that he looks too clean on the show especially considering how gritty/dirty the setting is. While accurate to the show I don't think it makes for a particularly good looking figure, it gives it a kinda cheap vibe. If you want to see something similar that looks way better check out the 501st clone. I guess I'll again echo that this was a pretty unnecessary release on my way out the door. Yes it's an easy figure to make, no it doesn't make sense that we can buy this but not Kuiil or Cara Dune.

Lot less work involved in an incinerator trooper with 2 new parts compared to either of those figures.

Not to mention comparing to 501st proto is kind of a fools errand. I mean even the remnant trooper proto to factory looks quite different. So who knows if the 501st will look exactly like that at launch.

As far as incinerator troopers weathering. Like many have said who knows where this dude was deployed before arriving with Gideon's army. Even the regular troopers that show up with Gideon have clearly not been through hell and back the way the other remnant trooper armor looks. So I mean you got head canon reasons, in universe reasons, licensor reasons take your pick :lol

If you personally don't like the way it looks thats totally cool I just don't think their appearance is as illogical as you do.

Well like I said at the very start I'll be weathering mine up a little bit so it fits in world and in my head canon.

Just thinking about it, they're actually moving relatively quick on these Mando figures. One of the perks of moving to TV shows I guess over movies. Hot Toys needs to pump out the figures before or close to the start of Season 2.

I guess the potential drawback is that they release less figures per season going forward as it's tough to keep up the pace. But if there are no movies that sort of compensates a bit I suppose.

Then once they get into multiple TV shows the number of figures will presumably get even more diluted. All I want is a Cassian. That should surely still be possible !

Interesting change of events for us collectors.

Back