The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Death Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw man, I'm torn on this one.

It looks good, but at the same time I would have much preferred a reissue of MMS399.

This release feels like it's a downgrade over the Rogue One versions. Less accessories, less display options.

My big hope is that with this release, the prices for Rogue One Death Troopers will go somewhat down. One can dream :)

Maybe I'll order it some time after release, but I have other figs to pay off first really.

It looks good, but at the same time I would have much preferred a reissue of MMS399.

This release feels like it's a downgrade over the Rogue One versions. Less accessories, less display options.

My big hope is that with this release, the prices for Rogue One Death Troopers will go somewhat down. One can dream :)

Maybe I'll order it some time after release, but I have other figs to pay off first really.

Honestly, I think thats entirely intentional and probably the best compromise. Re-issue an in demand figure and leave a few accessories unique to the original release. That way the original owners don't feel burned on not having v2, or for the folks out there that care about collection value of pieces dont complain too much, while still allowing newer collectors to get a death trooper on the shelf.

[...]

These ship with the coolest and most unique rifle; and stripped down DTs look as menacing as the geared up ones. If you like them, I'd snag at least one as insurance.

These ship with the coolest and most unique rifle; and stripped down DTs look as menacing as the geared up ones. If you like them, I'd snag at least one as insurance.

Yep I got the deluxe DT from Rogue One and have been wanting one of those short rifles for a long time. This one fits the bill perfectly !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pumped for this. Krennic needs more troops. I wonder if season 2 mandalorian will have more death troopers and we get another reissue?

So pumped for this. Krennic needs more troops. I wonder if season 2 mandalorian will have more death troopers and we get another reissue?

A potential S2 DT variant is possible I guess.

I'd buy a battle damaged version or a Heavy DT with massive gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot earlier than planned but expected with very little to no work prior to production. Will happily add a fourth member to Krennic's guards.

Might be the lightning. But the original figures were not hyper glossy as well. In neutral lightning it's almost a semi-gloss than full gloss, tempered by the heavy weathering in some areas.

Those pictures definitely make them look closer to matte, though. A bit smudgy like they've been handled a lot.

But they have changed paint without much fanfare for re-releases, like the Mk 47 re-release.

Might be the lightning. But the original figures were not hyper glossy as well. In neutral lightning it's almost a semi-gloss than full gloss, tempered by the heavy weathering in some areas.

Those pictures definitely make them look closer to matte, though. A bit smudgy like they've been handled a lot.

But they have changed paint without much fanfare for re-releases, like the Mk 47 re-release.

I remember mine being *super* glossy except for weathering in the crevices. I need to pull it out of storage and check. But yeah, it's like there are minor factory changes to paint sometimes that just sort of happen.

I remember mine being *super* glossy except for weathering in the crevices. I need to pull it out of storage and check. But yeah, it's like there are minor factory changes to paint sometimes that just sort of happen.

You are definitely correct in that it was glossy. Maybe the weathering dulled the effect in my recollection, or I just need brighter lights. :lol

Last edited:
Bought 2 Mando's DTs in preparation for the coming of Moff Gideon, like I did back then with Krennic and RO DTs.

Looks great on the mrccollection youtube vid, the 1st in hand video I believe.

The base nameplate reads Star Wars Deathtrooper

Back