The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. What's the recipe? DiD clothing & weapons + Toybiz head & vest?

NOT MY PICTURE. I found this over at lordoftheringsguide. He listed a recipe and a number of the clothes are custom made. This is my goal only and not my work.
gandalf11-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I really want this now.

I contacted Shawn to see if he had any interest in continuing with this line in some way. Here's got the armor pattern bits.

I was so close to grabbing this off ebay...but I'm glad you got it.

do you mean color wise? the body stocking is colored with different shadings. it isnt just a brown stocking. i dont know if he dyed it or painted it or what. from up close you can see it is a stocking but from about 2-3 feet away in natural light it you cant even tell. compared to the face it is pretty close. the face is redish brown and textured.

The lurtz is great. I was waching these on the bay but had a chance to get a PF Lurtz cheap so I went that way. I also pm Shawn and after he done with the Mola Ram he might see what the interest is. I hope to get 5 of us interested.

So what are people working on here?

GIMLI I know, a lot of Gimlis should be coming up soon.

I think there's two others working on Ringwraiths.

Anybody got any other custom stuff going on here? Just curious what customs we may be seeing in the future.

I'm gonna do Gandalf the White, just cause it's so easy with the DiD Gandalf. I bought an extra non-exclusive Gandy from SSC just for the head. Will probably paint and use the SSC sword belt, scabbard and sword too.

it would be cool if he would do some other orcs too. Gothmog maybe?

Yeah, I think there's 3 of us here who would like Gothmog. I think he'd be awesome on the shelf.

The lurtz is great. I was waching these on the bay but had a chance to get a PF Lurtz cheap so I went that way. I also pm Shawn and after he done with the Mola Ram he might see what the interest is. I hope to get 5 of us interested.

His PM box is full now so I can't reach him...

I think there's more than 5 people here who would like a Lurtz.

I also think Shawn should upgrade his Lurtz with his new rubber arm sleeves and leg sleeves! Would look awesome. He could mold the color too.

I'm gonna do Gandalf the White, just cause it's so easy with the DiD Gandalf. I bought an extra non-exclusive Gandy from SSC just for the head. Will probably paint and use the SSC sword belt, scabbard and sword too.

Are you gonna do this thing with the vest like dwing did? Using the rotocast "vest"?

Regarding other orcs.

I've been playing with hydroshrink and hydrospan that enlarge and shrink molded parts. Which of the SSC/Weta busts in 1/4 might be good candidates for making orc heads?

And before the anti-casters call me a hypocrite - you can't complain about recasting - it's not for profit and it's not the same item.

Regarding other orcs.

I've been playing with hydroshrink and hydrospan that enlarge and shrink molded parts. Which of the SSC/Weta busts in 1/4 might be good candidates for making orc heads?

And before the anti-casters call me a hypocrite - you can't complain about recasting - it's not for profit and it's not the same item.

I don't know the Weta busts... what are the choices?

EDIT:

I found some. I like the Uruk-hai scout best and then the Moria Orc (although we have the head scaled with Boromir).

But getting outfits for these guys is the real trick.

Last edited:
All of them! Theoden, Eomer, Rohirrim helm and some baddies.

I know, just my wants. If we could Hspan Gothmog from the toybiz figure-that would be cool, but any of them would go a long way to making orc customs.

I doubt any of the TB small scale figures are detailed enough that they'd be good hydrospanned to 1/6th. I was thinking more of hydroshrinking the weta busts to 1/6th.

Yeah, someone else talked about using hydrospan on the toybiz-hoping it would work due to more options. I think anything right now would be great.

I doubt any of the TB small scale figures are detailed enough that they'd be good hydrospanned to 1/6th. I was thinking more of hydroshrinking the weta busts to 1/6th.

Is that even possible from the 6" figures -- hspanning?

Dave, do you have Gothmog on Warg? Isn't he 1/6th or close?

If you could hydro his head -- or just cast it -- I would try my best to find the parts for his outfit (through bits on ebay or maybe even Sovereign Shawn might be willing to alter some of his Lurtz gear for that).

Back