The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, that sword is way over scale. I wouldn't want a Ringwraith on anything but a standard height body.

But were the Ringwraithes the height of a normal man...or were they taller?

I know they hunch a lot, but are they supposed to be like 7 foot tall if they stood up?

I can't find anything on Wiki or Google regarding height. But I seem to remember them being tall.

I believe they where men of old so taller I would think. Should be easy to make a little taller.

But were the Ringwraithes the height of a normal man...or were they taller?

I know they hunch a lot, but are they supposed to be like 7 foot tall if they stood up?

I can't find anything on Wiki or Google regarding height. But I seem to remember them being tall.

In the one of the LotR books of the movie (I think it was either the "Official Movie Guide" or "The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring"), there was a conceptual sketch showing the heights & proportions of all the different character types. The Nazgul were extremely tall, even taller than the Elves, I believe. I'll try to find the book and check the actual heights again, but I'm pretty sure it was around 7 feet. To me they just won't look right at 12". The good thing is that a modified figure can be hidden under the robes, with only the armored arms and legs exposed.

Btw, I have the UC mini Ringwraith sword, and as galactiboy said, it's around 1:5 scale. A shame, really, 'cause it would be perfect otherwise. Still, on a 13" tall figure it might not look too big.

In the one of the LotR books of the movie (I think it was either the "Official Movie Guide" or "The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring"), there was a conceptual sketch showing the heights & proportions of all the different character types. The Nazgul were extremely tall, even taller than the Elves, I believe. I'll try to find the book and check the actual heights again, but I'm pretty sure it was around 7 feet. To me they just won't look right at 12". The good thing is that a modified figure can be hidden under the robes, with only the armored arms and legs exposed.

Btw, I have the UC mini Ringwraith sword, and as galactiboy said, it's around 1:5 scale. A shame, really, 'cause it would be perfect otherwise. Still, on a 13" tall figure it might not look too big.

I did look up that sword and found that it is officially 1/5th scale. Then again, the ToyBiz sword that comes with the Ringwraith looks to be even bigger. :lol

I did seem to recall Ringwraithes as 7 feet, so I'm glad you confired this.

So they need to be on a 14" body, hunched over to about 13". Makes sense.

I have a Herman Munster body that will be perfect for that I think. Always wondered what to do with that tall body...now I know.

Although then if you go with a super tall body then any of the armor bits that came with the TB version or even stuff from other armor figures wouldn't look right. I think if you stuck with a standard scaled body the end product would look fine... that is if the TB stuff is usable.

Although then if you go with a super tall body then any of the armor bits that came with the TB version or even stuff from other armor figures wouldn't look right. I think if you stuck with a standard scaled body the end product would look fine... that is if the TB stuff is usable.

That's true -- the extended shins on the tall body may not allow for the armor. I'll have to see when I get the Ringwraith.

Here's some pics. I have both the toybiz and rotocast raiths. The TB looks better while the sword from the rotocast is smaller and more in scale. The Tb is about 10". There are some comp. pics with Frodo and Gandolf.
SANY0855.jpg
[/IMG]
Notice the knees are bent and not on a stand and it seems the same height as Gandolf
SANY0859.jpg
[/IMG]

Rotocast:
SANY0857.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0858.jpg
[/IMG]
Swords. Bigger one is TB other Rotocast.
SANY0860.jpg
[/IMG]

That's very helpful, dwing!

So let me check that I understood you correctly:

The ToyBiz cloth figure is 12" and the Rotocast is the one that's 10"?

However, the smaller rotocast sword works better with the clothed figure?

Yep. Cloth good. I need to heat and mold the sword. Roto closer to 11".

Yep. Cloth good. I need to heat and mold the sword. Roto closer to 11".

Roto definitely looks way too tiny there.

Glad I got the 12" clothed figure now -- it looks rather nice, with some work.

I have to see if I can find the smaller roto sword now. Or perhaps trim down the larger one.

May I ask for some pics?

If so:

1) clothed ringwraith holding each sword (for scale) like the pic below:

nazgulscottatexhibit.jpg

2) a pic of the clothed wraith with knees straightened against Gandalf just to see the total height. I may not need to swap bodies after all -- unless that body is just a mess.

I don't think they ever had the Ringwraiths on screen as 7" tall did they? Or was it like the hobbits - they change relative size depending on whether it's CG or stand-ins?

Most of the Nazgul were around 7 feet tall, about a head above the height of normal men. Since most of them were originally Numenoreans (who averaged no less than 7 feet tall themselves), they were much taller than people seem to think. The Witch-King himself was the tallest of the Nine.

Wow, If they made a Nazgul why can't SideShow? Great pics. This line needs saving!

Back