The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I did enjoy this episode, if only because of that showdown between Adar and Galadriel. This series needs more of those kinds of moments.

Good cliff-hanger ending.

If all further episodes are like this one, I'll get back on the rah-rah train.

OK, I did enjoy this episode, if only because of that showdown between Adar and Galadriel. This series needs more of those kinds of moments.

Good cliff-hanger ending.

If all further episodes are like this one, I'll get back on the rah-rah train.
I actually think Adar is a pretty interesting character, probably the most interesting in the show tbh. He’s a pretty sympathetic villain.

Yeah I don’t understand the sword key thing. Why not just destroy the dam?
When that elaborate mechanism was triggered I was like wait a minute, there were Freemasons in Middle Earth? :lol
I also had a flashback to the most recent Tomb Raider movie, when Lara deciphered the puzzle on the outside of the cavern where Yamatai's tomb was hidden. She aligned a series of tumblers and then the wall of the cavern collapsed to leave a gaping hole. What was hilarious about that was one more well-placed explosive would have accomplished the same thing lol. Which leads me back to your question: How would Adar & his orc followers destroy the dam without the use of some kind of Macguffin and/or the aid of dark magic? It's not like they had a supply of C4 or anything else with the firepower necessary to accomplish such a feat. That dam was massive.

When that elaborate mechanism was triggered I was like wait a minute, there were Freemasons in Middle Earth? :lol
I also had a flashback to the most recent Tomb Raider movie, when Lara deciphered the puzzle on the outside of the cavern where Yamatai's tomb was hidden. She aligned a series of tumblers and then the wall of the cavern collapsed to leave a gaping hole. What was hilarious about that was one more well-placed explosive would have accomplished the same thing lol. Which leads me back to your question: How would Adar & his orc followers destroy the dam without the use of some kind of Macguffin and/or the aid of dark magic? It's not like they had a supply of C4 or anything else with the firepower necessary to accomplish such a feat. That dam was massive.
It’s not like Orcs blew up the wall of Helms Deep or anything :lol.

So Morgoth built a tower on a dam and forged a magic sword key that was linked to this mechanism that once activated would flood the region but only activate the volcano in the event that someone had the Orcs dig out some channels that lead directly to it.

So Morgoth built a tower on a dam and forged a magic sword key that was linked to this mechanism that once activated would flood the region but only activate the volcano in the event that someone had the Orcs dig out some channels that lead directly to it.
OK, fair point about Helm’s Deep, but as I recall Saruman was responsible for creating those explosives, correct? And that was set how many ages later than this show? I’m just saying it seems highly unlikely that explosives are something Adar had at his disposal.

As for your Morgoth analysis, I’ll just say yes, I think you’ve summed things up rather well. But do we think Sauron is pulling strings here as well, getting Adar to unwittingly do his bidding? Adar wanted a home for the Orcs, but in doing so he’s created the place where the rings can be created, which are the key to Sauron’s power.

This show quickly transitions from an epic wide calvary shot to CW looking teens wearing papier-mache in a sword fight.:rotfl

Amazing what a billion dollars can buy you nowadays.

This show quickly transitions from an epic wide calvary shot to CW looking teens wearing papier-mache in a sword fight.:rotfl

Amazing what a billion dollars can buy you nowadays.
The armour looks terrible. The Elves and Orcs look great but Numenors armour is just awful.

Money can't buy taste, look at all of the awful hideous mansions out there :lol

Buffinator explained the Helm's Deep point.

It's not that the Orcs needed to dig the channel, it's that the channel needed to be there to direct the water, or none of this would of worked.

For leather armor the Numenor's armor looks fine.

Still my favorite series of all the series currently on that I'm watching. Followed by Andor, I'm quickly losing interest in House of Dragon.

So the Orcs did need to dig the channel... :lol

It doesn't
Anyone could of dug the channel, it didn't need to be Orcs as you implied, it just happened to be the Orcs. I'm going to assume you knew what I meant and are just nitpicking to nitpick.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've seen worse armor in other movies and shows. Ultimately this just boils down to personal taste, and is equivalent to the sword conversation had earlier. Again just something to nitpick on for people who want to hate on the show.

People love to keep brining up the cost of the show and what they expect it do and look like, but let's look at some numbers for the show. The first 8 episodes cost 465 million, 250 of that was just for the rights. So that's 215 million for the 8 episodes, that's about 27 million per episode. Far under the cost of a "feature film" level people are expecting per episode. In comparison House of Dragon is just under 20 million a episode, all the Marvel shows are averaging 25 million a episode. So while it is more expensive, its isn't by this vast amount people think it is.

Anyone could of dug the channel, it didn't need to be Orcs as you implied, it just happened to be the Orcs. I'm going to assume you knew what I meant and are just nitpicking to nitpick.
But no one but the Orcs had any reason to dig a channel to from the dam the volcano, really don't see what point your trying to make is all.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've seen worse armor in other movies and shows. Ultimately this just boils down to personal taste, and is equivalent to the sword conversation had earlier. Again just something to nitpick on for people who want to hate on the show.
I've been one of the few people here not "hating" on the show, so I'm hardly trying to **** on it. I'm actually enjoying it. But as someone who appreciates great armour designs in media; this just aint it. If a 1/6 Numenor soldier went up for pre-order it'd be the easiest pass ever.

Back