The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But no one but the Orcs had any reason to dig a channel to from the dam the volcano, really don't see what point your trying to make is all.

I've been one of the few people here not "hating" on the show, so I'm hardly trying to **** on it. I'm actually enjoying it. But as someone who appreciates great armour designs in media; this just aint it. If a 1/6 Numenor soldier went up for pre-order it'd be the easiest pass ever.

You were saying it had to be the Orcs that dug the channels for the plan to work. That's not true. It could of been dug by humans, goblins, or any of the other races who were still partnered with Sauron. The channels just needed to be there for the plan to work. In the story it just happened to be the Orcs who did it.

So for "you" in your opinion the armor is bad. That's fine, for me it is not, I actually like it. My point here is that it is not as universally horrible as you make it out to be.

Even if the show isn’t quite hitting the heights it should, it’s still better than average, and better than 90% of other shows out there*. Should it be better? Absolutely, considering the budget afforded to it.

*said after watching the latest episodes of The Walking Dead. A show I’m watching purely on name and nostalgia alone at this point.

This show is pretty wildly bipolar. Looks super expensive and looks super cheap. Has really great acting and has some really terrible acting. Has some very Tolkienesque moments and at other times feels wildly generic. Has moments of "so cool to finally see that" to moments of "that is so completely dumb".

I've been one of the few people here not "hating" on the show, so I'm hardly trying to **** on it. I'm actually enjoying it. But as someone who appreciates great armour designs in media; this just aint it. If a 1/6 Numenor soldier went up for pre-order it'd be the easiest pass ever.

Don't hate it; IMO was pretty obvious between the showrunners and producer (graduates of J. Abrams' School of Macguffins and Magic Boxes, not to mention cast comments) we were kinda gonna get a Michael Bay/fanfic version of Middle Earth.
Once you accept that, you will know peace:monkey3. Gotta admit tho sometimes my jaw drops over some stuff, like the Galadriel/faux Aragon *tension*. (Poor Celeborn just kicked to the curb - no wonder he never smiles in LOTR).

Now Galadriel is a horse whisperer....then there's the inanity of holing up in a village tavern instead of the obvious thing which is to run for it - something these people seem categorically unable to do, standing around waiting for lava bombs. The Middle Earth version of eating cocoa nibs are the magic seeds which I guess will turn what's-her-name into an elf or something so we can get the fan fic human/elf happy ending, eventually.

The writers are like being able to see into the minds of 13 year olds who had too much sugar.:drink

You were saying it had to be the Orcs that dug the channels for the plan to work. That's not true. It could of been dug by humans, goblins, or any of the other races who were still partnered with Sauron. The channels just needed to be there for the plan to work. In the story it just happened to be the Orcs who did it.

So for "you" in your opinion the armor is bad. That's fine, for me it is not, I actually like it. My point here is that it is not as universally horrible as you make it out to be.
Yes... It had to be the Orcs because they were the only ones that had any reason to do so at this point... Now you're just spitting out if, buts and maybes:lol

Yes... It had to be the Orcs because they were the only ones that had any reason to do so at this point... Now you're just spitting out if, buts and maybes:lol
Well, it appeared to be Adar's plan (with its seeds likely planted by Sauron) to give the Orcs a home where there would no longer be sunlight to hinder their movements. But I don't think any of the Orcs really had the first clue as to what was actually going to happen, they were just following Adar's orders. And technically weren't the people from the various towns they overran doing most of the digging (after they were enslaved)? So while Orcs no doubt did most of the initial digging they didn't do ALL of the digging, so I think we can move past this debate lol...

Well, it appeared to be Adar's plan (with its seeds likely planted by Sauron) to give the Orcs a home where there would no longer be sunlight to hinder their movements. But I don't think any of the Orcs really had the first clue as to what was actually going to happen, they were just following Adar's orders. And technically weren't the people from the various towns they overran doing most of the digging (after they were enslaved)? So while Orcs no doubt did most of the initial digging they didn't do ALL of the digging, so I think we can move past this debate lol...
Can you dig it!

Last edited:
You mean like nit picking over the minutia of the look of armor, price of a show, and a canal? :LOL:

The plan was to create a land where evil could thrive and the rings could be forged, the canals just needed to be dug, it didn't have to be Orcs. I'm really not sure why you are so hung up on why it had to be Orcs.

FB_IMG_1664719024324.jpg

Yeah new argument here we go:rotfl

View attachment 601250

Yeah new argument here we go:rotfl

Well considering I'm not sure the specs of their ships, I couldn't say for sure, but I do know in the 1100s one taride could carry about 41 horses into battle. If I'm remembering correctly.

Did they say how many soldiers and horse's they were bringing with them?

Well considering I'm not sure the specs of their ships, I couldn't say for sure, but I do know in the 1100s one taride could carry about 41 horses into battle. If I'm remembering correctly.

Did they say how many soldiers and horse's they were bringing with them?

I dunno if they said specifically, but definitely seemed like a lot more than 3 ships could carry. This shot can't even fit the full width of the charge. Not to mention where all the riders and all the supplies to keep them all in fighting shape go.

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-sdcc-trailer-2-3-sc_uxdg.620.jpg

No idea how many days they were at sea either which would probably be a lot of supplies in and of itself. Was a cool scene though.

I dunno if they said specifically, but definitely seemed like a lot more than 3 ships could carry. This shot can't even fit the full width of the charge. Not to mention where all the riders and all the supplies to keep them all in fighting shape go.

View attachment 601256

No idea how many days they were at sea either which would probably be a lot of supplies in and of itself. Was a cool scene though.

Well, this is also a fantasy series where real world stuff doesn't exactly work the way we think. In the movies the Fellowship had bread, where one piece could fill a stomach and all, so who knows what sort of supplies they would need.

I generally don't burden myself with the whats and hows, I find it takes away from enjoying the story. Besides it's generally easy enough to head canon it away.

Last edited:
Well, this is also a fantasy series where real world stuff doesn't exactly work the way we think. In the movies the Fellowship and bread, where one piece could fill a stomach and all, so who knows what sort of supplies they would need.

I generally don't burden myself with the whats and hows, I find it takes away from enjoying the story. Besides it's generally easy enough to head canon it away.

Yeah very true. Not sure these ships were "magical" like the bread, but in any case its more just a funny meme than a genuine problem I have with the ep.

On the topic of the armor, I don't mind the armor itself as much as I hate the undersuits. They're obviously fabric and would look much better worn over a gambeson like isildur has here.
960x0.jpg

Although, I would prefer they look more like Galadriel's armor.
The-Rings-Of-Power-Looks-Just-Like-Every-Other-Fantasy-Series-4.png

I know the idea is likely that the Numenor armor show a little bit of Elven influence. But it's almost a little too organically shaped for what we typically see on the men of middle earth. Think I liked their Blue and gold/creme colored armor better. Both lacked the gross fabric faux armor undersuit as well.

You mean like nit picking over the minutia of the look of armor, price of a show, and a canal? :LOL:

The plan was to create a land where evil could thrive and the rings could be forged, the canals just needed to be dug, it didn't have to be Orcs. I'm really not sure why you are so hung up on why it had to be Orcs.
Not really nitpicking when it's something very front and center in the show.

Because Humans were trying to leave that part of their past behind them and Goblins haven't been so much as mentioned in the show.

But regardless, who gives a **** when the whole thing is super contrived and ridiculous even in a fantasy setting.

Not really nitpicking when it's something very front and center in the show.

Because Humans were trying to leave that part of their past behind them and Goblins haven't been so much as mentioned in the show.

But regardless, who gives a **** when the whole thing is super contrived and ridiculous even in a fantasy setting.
Apparently you gave a ****, cause you posted it on on here to complain.

You are continuing to miss the point. Who dug the canals is irrelevant, it just needed to be done. YOur original point was that it had to be the Orcs, simple fact is it didn't have to be.

You are missing the forest (story) because of the trees (hung up on Orcs as only ones that can dig the canal) Thus you are nitpicking.

Yeah very true. Not sure these ships were "magical" like the bread, but in any case its more just a funny meme than a genuine problem I have with the ep.

On the topic of the armor, I don't mind the armor itself as much as I hate the undersuits. They're obviously fabric and would look much better worn over a gambeson like isildur has here.
View attachment 601260

Although, I would prefer they look more like Galadriel's armor.
View attachment 601261

I know the idea is likely that the Numenor armor show a little bit of Elven influence. But it's almost a little too organically shaped for what we typically see on the men of middle earth. Think I liked their Blue and gold/creme colored armor better. Both lacked the gross fabric faux armor undersuit as well.

It is suppose to be fabric under the leather. Typically gambeson, or padded shirts. I think if the padded undershirt was a different color of design it might help. That it looks similar to the leather armor on top might be distracting to some peoples eye, and a break from the overall off white color might help.

I think the armor needed to be different from what we've seen men wear before, this is Numenor after all. I do agree they probably were going for a elvish influence look.

Back