The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ho-hum reaction to Episode 3 is making me not want to bother sitting through Episode 2 now. Think I might just wait for the season to wrap up, and if I hear it improves dramatically or leads up to something spectacular I can revisit it then.
Mileage varies. I really liked it. Numenor was amazing to look at. Very much like a visual from the movies IMO. I did like the story other storyline better though. That’s the one I want to see more of, After Elrond and the Dwarfs of course who was sorely missing this week.
Visually the series is very appealing. Love the score. Hopefully everything else will improve. The biggest downfall will be the script and what they don’t have the right to. Hopefully they can make it special. Reacher was badass.

Last edited:
The Harfoot storyline is the only one I feel invested in… maybe the captive elves too.

Galadriel scenes are all very…. uninteresting.

I also really love this show so far - far better than the next Book of Boba Fett borefest (and I do like Star wars quiet a bit).
Great visuals, some interesting plots - yes a slow speed overall but I'm okay with that. I like the Meteor Man, some of the harfoots, The orcs are meancing, Galadriel arc is okay.

And at least some interesting things to discuss on my watch party. Like are the harfoots living social darwinism? Who is the father of Theo?

The ONLY scene that has taken me out of this was the close up of Galadriel slo mo riding the horse.
That wasn't necessary.
Soundtrack is like Ice.
Visually stunning.
Actors are cast brilliantly.

Looking forward to seeing where this series goes.
Agreed, I just found that scene pure cringe! :lol Rest of the series has been OK though.

Galadriel looked creepy too when she was smiling in slo mo on the horse.
Yeah, she did. The horse was nice tho. Some of the actress' expressions - well, there are some actors that the camera loves. Others not so much.

Her cloak looked cool but i’m confused what the purpose was.

To conceal the fact that the character needs to get laid.

I'm being really honest here. In real life, sometimes you run into someone so tightly wound up and pissed at everything, that you think to yourself "This person would take it so much easier on everyone if they just got laid, just not with me..."

Pent up for a thousand years. I'd probably be salty at that point too.

OK, so for character construction, if you have a truly unlikeable character, then you have to make them a pure badass. If the writers want to take Galadriel in this direction, she needs to be a killing machine.

A very large mistake was not showing her spending time with her brother and spending more time showing her brother's fight and death. Make the audience understand her loss. IIRC, she had, based on canon, multiple brothers who died in battle. Kill them all on screen and show the audience that loss. Then at least there's some context to her current screwy behavior.

The pilot for The Serpent Queen on Starz just came out, and it's 10 thousand times better written than ROP, with likely a fraction of the budget. Serpent Queen makes a lot out of a little. ROP makes a little out of a lot.

Galadriel needs to smash. Or do Cross Fit. Smoke a bowl. Hot Yoga. Meditate. Something. I mean there's this constant edge on the character that's plain exhausting.

But yes, check out the pilot episode to Serpent Queen.

I want a show on Dwarves. Or at least a Elrond and Durin show.

Anyways 4 th episode was really good. More world building but enjoyable. Especially the Dwarven stuff.

I want a show on Dwarves. Or at least a Elrond and Durin show.

Anyways 4 th episode was really good. More world building but enjoyable. Especially the Dwarven stuff.

I didn't think so. IMO there's some good concepts but the writing and editing continues to be amateur. They are trying SO HARD with this show but so much of it is cringe. Some nice scenery tho. IMO has nothing to do with Tolkien it's more like any number of fantasy books I've read over the years that borrowed from Tolkien.

Back