The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment I gotta admit I don't even care anymore if their LOTR line is dead or not. The latest issue with the DRoM disaster was the last straw for me, time to say good-bye now Sideshow.

100% agree. I could give a damn myself about SS and their LOTR/HObbit line. I'm considering selling half of my SS PFs

100% agree. I could give a damn myself about SS and their LOTR/HObbit line. I'm considering selling half of my SS PFs

I also consider quitting PFs altogether and rearrange my collection to focus on 1/6 statues. A bit of regret, but in the end not worth the constant disappointments. Good that Weta offerings are so strong these days!

Sorry guys, been away dealing with money and other issues.

I have been filled in on the DROM leg issue. How widespread is it? I always thought it was a small base for such a large statue. I'm concerned because I really wanted to add this piece to my collection but if this is becoming a serious issue then I can't spend that much on an item that will break or crack.

Someone should totally step up and make some awesome SS style bases for WETA's new LOTR statue line if Sideshow really has canned the maquettes. My biggest complaint about the WETA statues are the bases.

There are pro's and con's to both. I really enjoy both styles. I like the additional feel the SS bases add but I love the maps on the Weta bases.

I don't particularly mind the map bases for The Hobbit, since they are the only ones doing the statues, but I don't plan on getting rid of my SS statues and I would like for them to match up for the same film series. Even better is that Weta will probably be starting with some of the more minor characters first, like Faramir, so I won't have any doubles.

I don't plan on getting rid of mine either but it all works and as do my SSW LOTR statues. I can't wait for Weta to release Faramir who is their first statue in the new line of LOTR statues.

I don't plan on getting rid of mine either but it all works and as do my SSW LOTR statues. I can't wait for Weta to release Faramir who is their first statue in the new line of LOTR statues.

Same here... So glad Weta are making one! Finally! Faramir has been on my most wanted character list for a long long time - so is an absolute must buy for me!!

Same here... So glad Weta are making one! Finally! Faramir has been on my most wanted character list for a long long time - so is an absolute must buy for me!!

Yeah, I think its going to be awesome to finally have a statue of him. He's one so many of us have been wanting for so long. Hopefully Eomer is next followed by Denethor on throne and Eowyn in her white dress. I do hope at somepoint they tackle another large scale Balrog statue.

It is really*hard to avoid thinking about getting out of PFs in favor of the Weta statue lines for the Hobbit and LOTR.

I opened my first 2 LotR dioramas this week (finally!) and was really impressed by them. So much so that if they've made enough I might someday drop the statue line.

But the new SSC website doesn't have the archive search anymore and I can't find a list of all the dioramas. Do you guys know where I could find it?

I opened my first 2 LotR dioramas this week (finally!) and was really impressed by them. So much so that if they've made enough I might someday drop the statue line.

But the new SSC website doesn't have the archive search anymore and I can't find a list of all the dioramas. Do you guys know where I could find it?

This is the site

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/archive

You are welcome. Good luck with your search, there are some nice dioramas in there!

Yeah I saw that. I knew of Numenorian Battle, Fell Beast vs Eagle and such but completely forgot about the Treachery of Saruman and Dark Counsel.

Yeah I saw that. I knew of Numenorian Battle, Fell Beast vs Eagle and such but completely forgot about the Treachery of Saruman and Dark Counsel.

IMO the best diorama and one of the best LOTR pieces in general is the "Fell beast vs eagle". Its just breathtaking and beautiful!!

All are quite good...I loved the Gandalf vs Saruman Dio as well as the Shades of Mordor Ex...all are great though

Back