The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the dio line was a great line. Tops for me are the Shades of Mordor and Battle Above the Black Gate.

And despite the plastic Gandalf, I really liked the Duel of Light and Fire dio. Great sculpt of the Balrog.

Every time I see this thread updated, I keep hoping someone has some news about a new SS LOTR PF or Maquette offering :panic:...only to have my hopes dashed again. :(

Will Sideshow ever produce another Middle-earth piece? :dunno

It doesn't look too good, does it? :monkey2

Thanks goodness for Weta. :clap

Even if they did, at this point, would anyone buy it? They've lost any momentum they had, really can't see them putting something else out a) because they've dragged their feet for too long and b) they must be concerned with what kind of sales to expect. As I've said many time before, I wish they'd just be honest and tell us it's over, they've now changed their tune to state we will "have news" by the end of the year.

If it's something I want and can fit in the budget I would. I'm a fan of Middle-earth first companies second.

Every time I see this thread updated, I keep hoping someone has some news about a new SS LOTR PF or Maquette offering :panic:...only to have my hopes dashed again. :(

Will Sideshow ever produce another Middle-earth piece? :dunno

It doesn't look too good, does it? :monkey2

Thanks goodness for Weta. :clap

I am betting something gets announced during the 12 days of Sideshow this holiday season... when Hobbit hype is back up.

That's a nice way to put it Josh, I agree 100%. Even if I'm mad at Sideshow right now, if they ever do produce a great Merry&Pippin maquette I would still buy that of course. :duff

Yeah, I'm not happy we've had so little news, but if something that I think will look good in I'm in. My love for Middle-earth is greater than my frustration.

If SS produced a piece I liked I would buy it as well. And let's face it, their maquette and PF lines were pretty good, they produced some truly beautiful items. If, and I say IF, they continue with these lines, I am sure they will give us some quality pieces.

I want a PF of Boromir, with his cape and shield

acf1b6d.jpg

So lets do a head count, just on the Hobbit and 1/6th scale full statues only (so no barrel riders, etc) that are up for order or in many cases, already shipped.

Weta:
King Thranduil
Tauriel™
Radagast the Brown
Gloin the Dwarf
Bilbo Baggins
Thorin Oakenshield
Gandalf the Grey
Dwalin the Dwarf
Balin the Dwarf
Bombur the Dwarf
Gollum Enraged
Kili the Dwarf
Bofur the Dwarf
Azog™ the Defiler on Warg

Sideshow:
:dunno

If this is Sideshow's idea of being alive, I'd hate to see them kill a line :lol

So SS must have a real practical joker working for them. They just posted a holiday gift guide for Middle Earth collectibles on Facebook. It has 6 choices.

Back