The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

Thank you for putting me on the list. I will hold off on Skinner for right now and just take the Lone gunmen and Scully and Mulder. For the drilled necks, is that dependent on the body you want to use?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...t=44514&page=8

"Heads are designed to fit the Hot Toys small neck joint adapter and other similar neck joints" - Chowes.

When you send payment you can ask Chris about drilling the head for another neck joint. Another member wanted the heads drilled for a sideshow body, Chris told him he would do it but the head would have to be glued on to the body.

Hope this helps. :D

Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...t=44514&page=8

"Heads are designed to fit the Hot Toys small neck joint adapter and other similar neck joints" - Chowes.

When you send payment you can ask Chris about drilling the head for another neck joint. Another member wanted the heads drilled for a sideshow body, Chris told him he would do it but the head would have to be glued on to the body.

Hope this helps. :D

That is great. Have you guys been discussing which bodies to go with, since clearly the Lone Gunmen aren't all the same height? I will want to go with the Hot Toys bodies most likely.

Thing is, ebayarea I do not care anymore about my wallet but I care for those headsculpts.
Put me on the list for everybody.

Count in my votes for TV Mulder and TV Scully, early Skinner (up to 7), Krycek, X, Deepthroat and whoever is going to be released.

Yes I'm a X-Phile, and a very huge one. Proud since 1995 :D My fave is still Mitch Pileggi aka Skinner.

Last edited:

That is great. Have you guys been discussing which bodies to go with, since clearly the Lone Gunmen aren't all the same height? I will want to go with the Hot Toys bodies most likely.

You could always use a Prometheus for at least one of them.

You could always use a Prometheus for at least one of them.

lonegunmen.jpg

You think a prometheus would be short enough?

That's a point I was about to mention about the difference of Height among the Lone Gunmen. I don't mind Langly and Byers to be as tall, but Frohike is definitely shorter.
Anybody got a pic of difference of bodies btw the random one and Prometheus ?

Also a thing we might have not discussed before is : THE GLASSES. I have no idea of how I'll have proper glasses for Skinner, Langly and Frohike :/

Last edited:

Thing is, ebayarea I do not care anymore about my wallet but I care for those headsculpts.
Put me on the list for everybody.

Count in my votes for TV Mulder and TV Scully, early Skinner (up to 7), Krycek, X, Deepthroat and whoever is going to be released.

Yes I'm a X-Phile, and a very huge one. Proud since 1995 :D My fave is still Mitch Pileggi aka Skinner.

You're on the all the lists now, you're a true X-Phile :rock:rock:rock:rock

Chris hasn't announced that he's taking payment for Scully, Mulder and Skinner yet, but he's taking payment for the Gunmen now. If you haven't paid yet, please send payment when you get a chance.

Skinner definitely rocks :rock

That's a point I was about to mention about the difference of Height among the Lone Gunmen. I don't mind Langly and Byers to be as tall, but Frohike is definitely shorter.
Anybody got a pic of difference of bodies btw the random one and Prometheus ?

Also a thing we might have not discussed before is : THE GLASSES. I have no idea of how I'll have proper glasses for Skinner, Langly and Frohike :/

How about the Hobbit bodies for Frohike? I was thinking about just cutting the legs down of a prometh body, but this might be a good alternative (maybe adding shoes will increase the height a bit, and black gloved hands will make the hands look a lot less small):

hobbitf.jpg
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Got this picture from a galactiboy post, hope you don't mind :D

Chris said he might sculpt the glasses on, this will probably look pretty good for Langly. Check out his Austin Powers with sculpted glasses, looks pretty good.

If he doesn't sculpt them on he might sculpt some glasses from rubber (great for langly glasses!) or another material. So no worries, he's not going to forget about the glasses! He'll figure out what works best, we're in good hands :banana

How about the Hobbit bodies for Frohike? I was thinking about just cutting the legs down of a prometh body, but this might be a good alternative (maybe adding shoes will increase the height a bit, and black gloved hands will make the hands look a lot less small):

hobbitf.jpg
[/CENTER]

Got this picture from a galactiboy post, hope you don't mind :D

Chris said he might sculpt the glasses on, this will probably look pretty good for Langly. Check out his Austin Powers with sculpted glasses, looks pretty good.

If he doesn't sculpt them on he might sculpt some glasses from rubber (great for langly glasses!) or another material. So no worries, he's not going to forget about the glasses! He'll figure out what works best, we're in good hands :banana[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about the hobbit bodies as well. I am still deciding between HotToys body or Traid for the other two. I am digging the new Evo bodies. They have a similar small neck that I think will work. What do others think?

I am also definitely for the glasses being sculpted on because I do not see a reason I would ever need to take them off.

lonegunmen.jpg

You think a prometheus would be short enough?

You're right! I didn't think he was that short. You could do leg surgery on a TT and see if it's the correct height.

I am also definitely for the glasses being sculpted on because I do not see a reason I would ever need to take them off.

To be quite honest - I hope that the glasses are separate pieces. If they are sculpted on, they won't look as good as they won't have the reflection that separate pieces have. If you look at the Sideshow Skinner for example - the separate glasses look very nice as they have a shine and are reflective – they just look “realer”.

To be quite honest - I hope that the glasses are separate pieces. If they are sculpted on, they won't look as good as they won't have the reflection that separate pieces have. If you look at the Sideshow Skinner for example - the separate glasses look very nice as they have a shine and are reflective – they just look “realer”.

I definitely agree, I just want whatever is easier for Chris.

Blind Voyeur, are the Ramones t-shirts avail. for purchase? I actually want one for a build of myself.

Thanks

Bam, I am paid up for the heads. Very excited.

I just sent payment for the Lone Gunmen, 1 of each, drilled and shipped to Europe.
:banana

About painting I said it depends on discount or not ;)

I've done up customs of friends & family but want to do one up of myself sometime. I'd love to get a Ramones shirt like the one you made BV. I actually have the real one I wear. Just want/need to figure how to make a clear plexi guitar in 1/6. Please let me know if it's possible, actually I'd take 2. My little niece wears one & is also doing a custom of herself

Separate glasses are really important, IMHO.

And how do you paint the eyes if the glasses are sculpted on? It really limits the play value if the most expressive part of the face is a blank hunk of plastic. It's easier, and faster. But it's never as good.

Has anyone heard the time frame on the LGM heads? How long do I have to get the bodies and clothing together?

Separate glasses are really important, IMHO.

And how do you paint the eyes if the glasses are sculpted on? It really limits the play value if the most expressive part of the face is a blank hunk of plastic. It's easier, and faster. But it's never as good.

Has anyone heard the time frame on the LGM heads? How long do I have to get the bodies and clothing together?

There's not really a solid time frame on the LGM heads yet so you have alot of time (I've been slowing piecing together outfits - maybe we can start posting our headless LGM?), we're behind a couple of other projects so we're not getting them anytime real soon. House and the Lost Boys were a couple of projects ahead of us (he put projects on his sculpting schedule based on when they reached 15 on the interest list) and he recently posted some WIP pics for them so I'm hoping we're not too far away, at the same time I definitely don't want to rush art despite my building anticipation :lol

I read Chris' thread recently and he says he's pretty swamped right now (commissions and commercial projects) but he assures everyone that when he works on a project its the most important project to him and you'll all be pleased with the results.

Some of the work he's done on projects ahead of us is pretty awesome:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45131&page=22

Back