The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

I had this game come friday morning and was debating if I should keep it (I did)... I started playing it at around 9 at night till 1 am... never again
Those clickers in the building gave me nightmares.
I need to trim my cats nail because they sounded like clickers on hard wood floors. Click, click -floor creeks- cat scratching door.
I wake up at 4:30 am and I am exhausted at work this morning but, can't wait to play this when I get this afternoon lol.

Great game so far

going really slow on purpose - playing a LOT of MP, which is cool - wasn't sure if I'd dig MP but its cool

Finally got to the demo part - (1st time you see clickers)

Going slow looking for stuff, just got supplements for the first time, which is good. Game had me wondering if you upgrade Joel in hard mode

I am enjoying it

Ok, all, I give up, what does the

1//
2//
3//

represent?

level - took forever to get to 2//

It's what week you have completed. I'm on Week 4, so mine says 3// because I completed 1-3.

I played the multi player from the early afternoon until 12:30 am. Yeah, it's addicting.

It's what week you have completed. I'm on Week 4, so mine says 3// because I completed 1-3.

I played the multi player from the early afternoon until 12:30 am. Yeah, it's addicting.

That's what I thought too, but I am now week 4 yet 3//

Thinking maybe its just your level for MP?

We gotta play a few MP rounds...I am actually not horrid

I have around 10 hours into it. Very enjoyable. Although the AI of Ellie or other NPC takes me out of the game when they run right in front of enemies and they aren't seen. I have had a few freezing issues where I needed to hard shut down my PS3. Other than that, it's a stellar game. The gore extremely good, especially when you shoot someone in the face with the shotgun :D

I have around 10 hours into it. Very enjoyable. Although the AI of Ellie or other NPC takes me out of the game when they run right in front of enemies and they aren't seen. I have had a few freezing issues where I needed to hard shut down my PS3. Other than that, it's a stellar game. The gore extremely good, especially when you shoot someone in the face with the shotgun :D

I agree on the companion ai - not sure why they didn't just program them to hold back, then rush in to help on those rare moments

MY PS3 just went into super fan mode, so decided to turn it off for a bit -

I agree on the companion ai - not sure why they didn't just program them to hold back, then rush in to help on those rare moments

MY PS3 just went into super fan mode, so decided to turn it off for a bit -

My fan is blasting too. I'm about 10 hours in, I THINK I'm getting near the end from how the story is going.

Im about 10 hours in also i think. If this doesn't get GOTY then i will be very surprised. GTA will be good story wise and gameplay but this is on a whole other level. One little mechanic i noticed which is small but kinda cool is when taking cover next to Ellie Joel shields her. Also when chocking someone out their eyes roll into the back of their heads.

This may possibly be the greatest game I've ever played. About 70% done. In the Fall now...I've played straight through since I started yesterday afternoon. Addictions g as hell. Already looking forward to New Game +. Love this game. Its this gens defining moment in gaming for sure. And a must have for any PS3 owner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What does the "IP" stand for in the thread title? ..

I think one of the problems I have with the game is that the shadows can be pixely at times and reflections in mirrors don't look sharp or things that should be reflective and aren't.

Anyone else bothered that you fight more humans than infected? I can see having a 50/50 ratio but it seems more 70/30.

I'm not knocking the game, it gets a 9/10 from me very comfortably.

Pixels in the shadows is most likely your TV settings, unless you think it is a rendering issue.

I doubt it's my TV, the game looks beyond crisp. I think it's definitely rendering. Shadows 99% of the time look very well done, but I was hiding behind a turned over cabinet and behind me was emergency flood lights and they were aimed at me and my shadow on the cabinet looked very bad.

I think one of the problems I have with the game is that the shadows can be pixely at times and reflections in mirrors don't look sharp or things that should be reflective and aren't.

Anyone else bothered that you fight more humans than infected? I can see having a 50/50 ratio but it seems more 70/30.

I'm not knocking the game, it gets a 9/10 from me very comfortably.

The human to infected ratio honestly doesn't bother me. I actually liked that. It was interesting to see that the infection is supposed to be so deadly yet humans still seem to be the most dangerous.

The human to infected ratio honestly doesn't bother me. I actually liked that. It was interesting to see that the infection is supposed to be so deadly yet humans still seem to be the most dangerous.

"Fight the dead, fear the living." It seems very Walking Dead to me. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm honestly not "mad" about it. But there has been a few times that I wish there was slightly more infected in it. I'm not finished the game yet mind you.

On another note, the animation on their faces is stellar. I've never seen emotion and little subtle movements on a face done so amazingly well.

Last edited:

"Fear the dead, fight the living." It seems very Walking Dead to me. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm honestly not "mad" about it. But there has been a few times that I wish there was slightly more infected in it. I'm not finished the game yet mind you.

On another note, the animation on their faces is stellar. I've never seen emotion and little subtle movements on a face done so amazingly well.

I got a Walking Dead vibe too but I think this game stands perfectly well on it's own. Like there are similarities but the game is so good that I never though this is a Walking Dead rip off, not for a second.

I got a Walking Dead vibe too but I think this game stands perfectly well on it's own. Like there are similarities but the game is so good that I never though this is a Walking Dead rip off, not for a second.

Yeah I never looked at it as a rip off. I see it being definitely influenced by the whole end of the world plague thing which isn't exactly owned by WD.

Although if they ever decide to do a WD game with a brilliant story telling and action, it needs to use the same mold as TLOS. It's brilliantly done and truly captures what the apocalypse genre is all about and actually reinvented it.

Back