The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

TO snakeplissken: Its hard to knock the game because the shadows or reflections don't look that great or are glitch. This is OLD PS3 hardware! This is not a DirectX 11 PC game, where you can crank the res up, turn on the fancy shadows etc.

But just WAIT till the new consoles. If you think this game looks good, imagine what they can do, once they get comfy with the PS4 specs, and picture a game like this running at 1080P and 60fps, with WAY more texture detail, full on shadows and lighting effects.

Oh I wasn't knocked the game, it just felt a bit weird seeing that in that one spot when it was flawless everywhere else.

I just beat the game. The last section of the game was perfectly done. This might be one of the best character development stories I've ever played.

The ending makes you only want a sequel. 9.5/10

BTW I made an interest thread to anyone who wants a Joel custom. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129259

Last edited:

That's what I thought too, but I am now week 4 yet 3//

Thinking maybe its just your level for MP?

We gotta play a few MP rounds...I am actually not horrid

You have to finish a week before your number goes up. So you wont be 4// until you are on week 5.

I've sent you plenty of requests that you never responded to, so I dunno...

Ok so I'm going to play on HARD.
Anyone else playing on HARD?
For the ultimate challenging experience??

Yup and if you hunt for supplies well, it aint too bad...good amt of challenge! Really pumped for Survivor mode

For the longest time I was wondering about the in-game money earned, but finally looked at bonuses for the answer.

I started out on normal, played for about 3 hours and then switched it to Hard. Normal mode is no cakewalk, but the extra challenge felt more realistic to me. On Normal I was practically swimming in ammo I didn't need.

If anyone would prefer to play with a 'clan' feel free to pm me your psn name. More than likely I'll be full but there's a time or two that I will have room. Always better to play with people who really have you covered.

By the way, Survivor mode has no hearing ability.

and if you start a new game +.. do you keep your weapon upgrades & Abilities?

Pretty sure, I was going to jump into Survivor mode but after finding that out I might try new game + first.

You have to finish a week before your number goes up. So you wont be 4// until you are on week 5.

I've sent you plenty of requests that you never responded to, so I dunno...

Sorry not ignoring you, I had the notices off, so hadn't seen them in time. Gotta turn that thing on - had it off during SP

Busy weekend is over, time to get engrossed in this game. Only like an hour in so far and I got the game friday :panic:

Amazing opening, but depressing! Anyway, played for a bit. Hopefully this week I can play it more, work it keeping busy.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

Finished it now. What an experience it was. It had great characters, believable voice acting, the writing was great, game play, atmosphere. If this doesn't win GOTY then its a fix. All i can say is i cannot wait to see what naughty dog bring to the PS4. Im going to replay it on NG+ then a few more times just for the story.

Finished at as well. One of the best games I've ever played.

Sideshow, PF Joel and Ellie please.

Just finished it. Hats off to NaughtyDog for this game. I truly loved the bond between Joel and Ellie more than anything else.

I really hope they do a sequel of some kind. There are so many stories they can branch off of this game.

Now to try out the mult.

How have you people already beat the campaign?? :slap

I don't even know how far into it I am and I've put a decent amount of time in.

I am loving it though. My girlfriend who isn't even remotely into gaming has been watching me play and loves the story so far.

Been watching on YouTube. It's a pretty good movie so far. Gameplay shows up and gets in the way of the story once in a while, but I'm enjoying it.

Been watching on YouTube. It's a pretty good movie so far. Gameplay shows up and gets in the way of the story once in a while, but I'm enjoying it.
Seems like it. I can enjoy a good first play experience with these kind of games but thats it. Theres not enough "game" in it when you take the story and hand holding out of it. Great atmosphere. But usually when i go for a re-play i like to cut out all the cut scenes and such unless im doing a refresher. So the real test of its salt as a game is if you can just have fun playing with the mechanics while not in any story related context

I was honestly really surprised when I beat it because it's a long game. I guess I didn't realize how long I was playing it each time I sat down.

Finally beat this game. It's really good and I hope we get sequels and figures. I really liked these two alot.

Back