The Last Jedi - Alternate Direction by Dave McRae

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok...

This is a little long, and there is some harsh language, but Dave McRae is one of my favorite dissect-ors of film. If you're not aware, he is a movie maker who most recently was at the helm of some high quality fan films in the Michael Meyers Halloween series...

Anyway, I saw this video on Dave's thoughts about TLJ and the way he would have arc-ed the story had he been sitting in the writer's/director's seat, and I AM ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATED by what he's bringing to the dance here...

Its about 16 minutes long (very short in terms of the length of most figure reviews we watch these days :wink1:), and there is a bit of repetitiveness at times, but if you can hang on, I'd LOVE to get all of your takes on Dave'e ideas.

In my opinion, had TLJ gone this way, we might ALL be holding it up as one of the seires' best....instead of what we got.

Please let me know what you think!

That would have been much worse IMO.

Also, I love when YouTube reviewers, etc say "This is how it should have been! He should have given a huge speech, super awesome, not cheesy at all, about hope!"... Yeah, how should that have gone? It's easy to take ANY movie and go "It would be cool if so and so did this! Pull **** out of the sky! **** up all the AT-ATs! Speeches speeches speeches!" Until it's actually in the movie and it's cheesy and lame.

There is a reason pretty much any film that has a speech about "hope" and whatnot comes off as cheesy. Rogue One, Ready Player One, Harry Potter(like every single one..), etc.

Back