The "I've Seen Indy IV" Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, the final half hour of this movie is such eye candy that the kids will just be staring at the screen in amazement, regardless of their ability to comprehend the purpose of it all. (It also flies over the head of half my colleagues. Their fault for not reading up on their occult lore.) Also, compared to the spectacle this film ends with, all other Indy films seem small.

Sounds incredible. Absolutely cannot wait. Anticipation is at an all time high :monkey5

There isn't any significant blood and gore here, so that's a plus for taking a not-yet-5-year-old.

There is one quite gruesome death, though. Beautifully gruesome in the truest Indy tradition, but still.

However, much of what happens for the first hour or so will probably fly over the little one's head. Except for the prairie dogs.

Also, could such a small child have the attention span necessary to sit for two hours in a movie theater?

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, she's been going to 2-hour movies for years. And she doesn't talk at all during the film, because she knows I'll yank her ass out of there in a heartbeat. My kid(s) won't ruin a movie for everyone else.

I simply do not understand all of the Shia hate... especially after TRANSFORMERS, where he was by far the best thing that was not a CG robot.

I don't get it either Irish.

And, to echo the majority opinion, Megan Fox is hot!

WOW. Just WOW.

I couldn't stay away and read a spoiler review of this film.........without breaking the No Spoiler pact here let me just say the last segment of the film will be an interesting and defining Indy movement I would have never thought would have been done.

I just got back, and I'm kinda dissapointed. I liked it alright, and I want to like it, but for some reason, I just wasn't WOWED. I guess this happens when you wait to see the long delayed sequel to your favorite movie of all time (ROTLA.) Too much CGI, a weird, fake look, an alien concept, and even Shia, really kind of gave me a bad vibe about the whole film. However, the film starts to get good when Karen Allen shows up, but the ending left alot to be desired. It is a so/so film in every sense of the word.

I do however plan on seeing it with my dad (who also loves ROTLA, and saw it when it came out,) hoping I might find a diffrent view on it, and enjoy it more.

Here is my ranking:
1. ROTLA (favorite movie of ALL time!)
2. TOD (pretty damn good, and the truest to the serials of the 1930's)

3.TLC (a jokey, watered down rehash of ROTLA, with Connery, and the father-son plot making it something special)/ KOTCS (in many ways, too different from ROTLA, but still an entertaining flick. Hey, Indy's back, so what can I say?)

Here is my ranking:
1. ROTLA (favorite movie of ALL time!)
2. TOD (pretty damn good, and the truest to the serials of the 1930's)

3.TLC (a jokey, watered down rehash of ROTLA, with Connery, and the father-son plot making it something special)/ KOTCS (in many ways, too different from ROTLA, but still an entertaining flick. Hey, Indy's back, so what can I say?)

Since I agree with your analysis of the first three films, I fear for the new one now. But thanks for lowering my expectations. Seriously. Maybe it will help.

Since I agree with your analysis of the first three films, I fear for the new one now. But thanks for lowering my expectations. Seriously. Maybe it will help.

Maybe. I guess I was dissapointed, but I want to see it again, if that makes any sense.

I got asked out by a hot girl who said she was taking me to the midnight screening of Indiana Jones on IMAX here in New York tomorrow.

Not bad for a first date!!

No matter what, I doubt I'll be disappointed. :naughty

Got to see it last night, and for the first time in my entire life I'm choosing to withhold my comments until more people get to see the film for themselves. I want to see if I'm just crazy, or if more Indy fans agree with me... AFTER they see it. I'm not saying what I think now, no matter how much you beg - I don't want to ruin it for anyone, good or bad :duff

The fact you said "If I'm crazy or if Indy fans agree with me" has a negative connotation to it.....hmmmmmmm......

Congrats Mikey! My first shot at the movie will be at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon, and I will most likely go alone. Just me, popcorn and a coke, and Indy! BRING IT ON!
Then, I meet some buddies for a 7:15 show later that evening, at what will most likely be a much more crowded show. So, all is well. I will be trying to imagine your date though! Lucky dog! :naughty

Congrats Mikey! My first shot at the movie will be at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon, and I will most likely go alone. Just me, popcorn and a coke, and Indy! BRING IT ON!
Then, I meet some buddies for a 7:15 show later that evening, at what will most likely be a much more crowded show. So, all is well. I will be trying to imagine your date though! Lucky dog! :naughty

I'm thinking of taking a half day tomorrow and doing the same thing. I actually like going to the movies by myself. It's fun. Plus then I'll be able to see it a second time this weekend since my wife wants to see it too.

Back