The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, mindbook....you've really done an exceptional job repainting this. I'm floored! I didn't even recognize the work...I had to do a double take!

Thank you VERY much for sharing your photos. I can't wait to see more!
Trev

bump... for its amazing-ness

indys1.jpg

OK, here is a TEST repaint so far(from my premium figure) I plan to turn it into a poseable figure. I will do another version with real hair stubble. I plan to keep my exclusive all original.I bought both versions because the sculpt was too good to pass up.

I'll probably lessen the red-eye.

mindbook, you should change your screen name to...

mindblown! Very excellent work, my Friend. :clap

I completely overlooked the e-mail from SS so could someone please tell me when Sideshow is going to get them in stock and start processing orders?

Honestly, just send it back. Take the 30min out of your day to swing by UPS and ship it back for a replacement. The time aside, the only other inconvenience you'll suffer is waiting to get another one. It's not really worth the hassle of trying to repaint it and potentially making it worse or not matching it up.

Or an argument on why picking up the exclusive would've eliminated the removable head issue :p. Really though, it's a small statue and expecting certain aspects to be removable isn't very realistic. Personally, treat it like you would any other product you buy. If you're not satisfied with it, send it back for a replacement.

See thats the thing... I'm in australia and I got it through cornerstorecomics and shipping was hella expensive as you can imagine :(

Oh and that repaint is absolutely AMAZING :eek:

indys1.jpg

OK, here is a TEST repaint so far(from my premium figure) I plan to turn it into a poseable figure. I will do another version with real hair stubble. I plan to keep my exclusive all original.I bought both versions because the sculpt was too good to pass up.

I'll probably lessen the red-eye.

What exactly does "test repaint" mean? Is that a photo shop or is that the real figure with a real paint job? If that's real I've GOT to have you do that to mine!

Hi,
THANK YOU everybody.......This is a TEST paint, what this means is, I recast the head and paint it. I make all my mistakes and on this head, so when I do the REAL paint job I use this as a guide.....This is the REAL thing, definitely NOT photoshopped. I sometimes even write notes directly on the head itself(in pencil)"make eyebrows thinner, put scar here, beard pattern" etc.......The REAL paint job is coming, I will add real stubble to the head. I looking into some 1/4 scale donor bodies for this project(I am making it poseable, just like it's 1/6 counterpart) I am sculpting a pistol hand(to hold the revolver) and resculpting/seperating the head and neck , so he can look up and down........Anyway I'm rambling, after this I'm gonna retire from the hobby(again), I got my perfect Indiana Jones collectible(THANK YOU TREVOR!!!)

Whew!.......Happy thanks giving everybody, I have to answer a flood of emails. THANKS AGAIN!

See thats the thing... I'm in australia and I got it through cornerstorecomics and shipping was hella expensive as you can imagine :(

Oh and that repaint is absolutely AMAZING :eek:

Yeah, that does blow. If I was stuck in your predicament, I'd probably still ship it back though. Cost you just the same to ship it to one of the customizers here anyway and you'd still be getting a factory paint. There's not much else you can do. Since you're in AU, your options are even more limited. Plus, there's the odd chance that if you have it repainted, it could potentially turn out even worse.

Hi,
THANK YOU everybody.......This is a TEST paint, what this means is, I recast the head and paint it. I make all my mistakes and on this head, so when I do the REAL paint job I use this as a guide.....This is the REAL thing, definitely NOT photoshopped. I sometimes even write notes directly on the head itself(in pencil)"make eyebrows thinner, put scar here, beard pattern" etc.......The REAL paint job is coming, I will add real stubble to the head. I looking into some 1/4 scale donor bodies for this project(I am making it poseable, just like it's 1/6 counterpart) I am sculpting a pistol hand(to hold the revolver) and resculpting/seperating the head and neck , so he can look up and down........Anyway I'm rambling, after this I'm gonna retire from the hobby(again), I got my perfect Indiana Jones collectible(THANK YOU TREVOR!!!)

Whew!.......Happy thanks giving everybody, I have to answer a flood of emails. THANKS AGAIN!

INSANE!!!!

Did you squint the eyes more on the mold? They look more...shifty. In a good way.

Back