The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indy.jpg

I love this photo. The Harrison likness is dead on!!!

Sorry about the brown in the eye. That would drive me nuts!!!

I almost thought that /\ picture was a real person there for a second.

Yeah it sucks you got a brown spot on the eye on yours havoc. I understand SS has to get these churned out in a factory, but that's just laziness on their part. I don't know how to paint anything myself so I wouldn't be able to give any tips. Maybe one of the customizers here could help you out with some tips.

Well, I will say that you're not going to be able to just buy some white paint and paint over it. I would expect them to have used some sort of off-white color for the whites of the eyes -- probably something with some yellow and perhaps brown in it. So if you want to match the color, you'll need to do some mixing. Of course it's possible that just painting over the brown with stock white paint might make it less noticeable than it is now, but it's not going to be perfect.

If you do decide to paint, you might first look to see if it's possible scratch away the brown dot with your fingernail or something harder like an xacto knife. It's possible that you could get rid of it without even having to paint, but then again it's possible that you could end up making it look worse, which is why I suggest being ready to paint if necessary.

It's situations like this I think it would be really nice if the heads on PF's were removable, unless it's too noticeable that it's detachable. That way you can send just the head off to get repainted by one of the talented artists on these forums.

I'm no expert Havoc, but i'd start by investing in a good artists paintbrush...the finer the better. Next up either a bottle of Testers paint, or Tamiya, which local model shops should have. I'm guessing the eyeball is a pure white? If not then just buy the right colours to mix and test them out on some scrap beforehand. Also buy some shiny clear coat paint to finish the job and to give the eye the wet look.
Take your time though mate and dont rush it. Make sure you have a steady hand and dont over paint more than you need to and ruin the iris! Put the figure at a comfortable height and hold the back of the head for support with one hand as you fix the eye with the other.
Goodluck pal you'll have it done easy

DISCLAIMER: Wanderer is not responsible for the outcome of any work carried out on kick a ss PF's!

This PF looks SUPERB.

Sure, it sucks that they added the stupid snap fasteners on the stormflap of the jacket, but the rest of it looks great!

Sadly, the best paintjob in the world can't save the Han PF likeness. The side view of the Han sculpt is just awful. :sick

Trevor TOTALLY nailed Ford's likeness on this PF Indy though.

Chris

trevor kicks ASS!!!!! :chew:whip:joy:banana

The really short jacket looks really weird when seeing how long the sleeves are though. too bad they fell "short" on that part of this statue.

any tips on how i should do it :p i dont paint or nothing XD

Honestly, just send it back. Take the 30min out of your day to swing by UPS and ship it back for a replacement. The time aside, the only other inconvenience you'll suffer is waiting to get another one. It's not really worth the hassle of trying to repaint it and potentially making it worse or not matching it up.

It's situations like this I think it would be really nice if the heads on PF's were removable, unless it's too noticeable that it's detachable. That way you can send just the head off to get repainted by one of the talented artists on these forums.

Or an argument on why picking up the exclusive would've eliminated the removable head issue :p. Really though, it's a small statue and expecting certain aspects to be removable isn't very realistic. Personally, treat it like you would any other product you buy. If you're not satisfied with it, send it back for a replacement.

Back