The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do want to make it clear I think its a very puzzling choice. I just don't get why they went this route but they did.

"This Friday...The Man Without a Hat is back!" :lol

71921_press01-001.jpg

Sorry Carl, it looks like Exclusive Captain America hasn't given up his throne just yet. ;) :flag

The regular Indy still rocks the house though.

It's more than just a puzzling choice, IMHO. I honestly now question whether they truly understand the Indy character and property. :(

It's more than just a puzzling choice, IMHO. I honestly now question whether they truly understand the Indy character and property. :(

Hahaha. That is a valid point!

While I am puzzled as well, I am still extremely happy to have such a wonderful PF coming our way.

Before too many people start throwing themselves from rooftops let's remember the shockingly good regular edition:

7192_press09-001.jpg

SS has a strange history of coming up short for the exclusives on fan-favorite characters; Fett's disc, Theed Maul's Tatooine probe droids, and now this. Oh well I'm just glad they got the truly important aspects right and now I don't have to stress about the fact that I'll be working on PPO day. :)

(Off Topic)I'm definitely down for a Roland Deschain statue!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the character, love the books. The new comic is starting off great!(Off Topic)

Hatless Indy definitely feels out of character. There are moments in Raiders where he takes his hat off, but they aren't substantial. More than that, I think the portrait loses a lot of strength when the hat is removed...

Harrison Ford hood ornament? ;)
Trev

ps- It can't be said enough, though, how excellent the piece is. I'm so very proud to have been part of such a great Indy statue!

yup....looks like i might miss out on this one. i have class that starts at 1pm on friday. since its the last day i have to give a presentation and we will be starting promptly. sooo... either i'll be online with my iphone trying to order it or i'll have to get on the waitlist.

(Off Topic)ps- It can't be said enough, though, how excellent the piece is. I'm so very proud to have been part of such a great Indy statue!

You said it Trev. Raiders is my FAVORITE film of all time, and this will undoubtedly be the prize in my collection of film collectibles. Heck, if one day I have to sell everything, Indy would be the LAST to go. This is THE Indy collectible I have been waiting all these years for! (The REGULAR edition is at least! :lol)

Trev, thanks for this INCREDIBLE sculpt. Truly man! :rock

What a wasted opportunity for something to make the coolest PF ever even cooler.

You said it best. Totally wasted opportunity.

They'd completely sell out of the exclusive no matter what it was, so I'm not sure the SSFreaks dissatisfaction will register with the powers that be.

So far the best suggestions I've read for the second head are making a custom fabric fedora and using it as a Christmas tree ornament or some such.

And Trev I'd kill for a nice n grizzled Clint looking Roland PF from you!

You said it Trev. Raiders is my FAVORITE film of all time, and this will undoubtedly be the prize in my collection of film collectibles. Heck, if one day I have to sell everything, Indy would be the LAST to go. This is THE Indy collectible I have been waiting all these years for! (The REGULAR edition is at least! :lol)

Trev, thanks for this INCREDIBLE sculpt. Truly man! :rock

Ditto that! They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers before I ever let this statue go. :D

It's an amazing piece, one I have been waiting for since first I saw that Paramount logo dissolve and Raiders began.... :rock

Before too many people start throwing themselves from rooftops let's remember the shockingly good regular edition:

I totally agree. I'm not going to let the lack of a good exclusive ruin this for me. The regular looks fantastic to me.

Back