The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! The tailoring is beautiful, the base is perfect, Very cool indeed!

Even I could do without the exclusive head though. :O haha! Still, the idea of custom fabric hats would be cool, for those who prefer that look.

I was really crossing my fingers for a dead Satipo...:(
Trev

Your avatar just taunts me Trev with the thought of Indy holding his pistol.

Oh well. The disappointing exclusive sadly is detracting from these new pics and how awesome it looks. Again, stellar work Trev! :rock

Definitely getting the non-exclusive on this one. Indy in full gear without the hat is completely pointless IMHO.

Greatest PF Ever! :rock

Worst Exclusive Ever! :banghead

Seriously, what was Sideshow thinking on that??? :huh You have to think there are some big-time Indy fans there who would have known better (heck, even an extra hand that holds the gun out or the Staff of Ra Headpiece would have been much more fitting).

And I hope the idol is removeable. I don't want to HAVE to pose him holding it.

I'm actually disappointed. :( At least the standard PF itself is amazing, though! :rock :rock :rock

"The Sideshow Exclusive edition of this figure will only be available direct from SideshowCollectibles.com and features an interchangeable head sculpt, showing off a handsome and hatless Indy!"

Your avatar just taunts me Trev with the thought of Indy holding his pistol.

On that same note - Trev - how about a PF ROLAND! :rock
It would make me feel a bit better after this ridiculous ex. (did you see the hat or no hat thread? Dear God...)

DEC062284_hi_DARK_TOWER_GUNSLINGER_BORN.jpg

I'd LOVE a Roland Deschain statue or PF. Who doesn't like that Outlaw Josey Wales pose but I'd prefer this:

darktower6ju.jpg

Apparently the Lost producers have the rights to the Dark Tower series, bought for $19, and will make some movies after Lost is done. :rock

Seriously, the choice for an exclusive on such a high-profile anticipated item has me completely baffled. I'm honestly wondering if they need to start having input from fans/collectors who can point out the obvious BEFORE they make these decisions.

And it's not just that the hatless head is completely unwhelming. More importantly, it's OUT OF CHARACTER and completely worthless. Indy never goes without a hat while wearing his adventure gear throught the entirely of ROTLA! Do they not know this? Seriously, what is the point of this head (especially considering there are at least a couple other exclusives that would have made much more sense)?

I now have little faith in seeing a cool exclusive 12" or PF at SDCC. Map Room Indy? Yeah, right! :(

But... the regular PF still rocks the house!! :rock :rock :rock

Carl I think you might be going off the deep end again. Calm down man.

No way. This is a HUGE letdown to me.

The PF is a home run... but they struck out on the Exclusive in 3 pitches (without even swinging the bat!).

I'm sincerely, genuinely DISAPPOINTED.

At least I don't have to worry about Friday's PPO now, though.

Seriously, the choice for an exclusive on such a high-profile anticipated item has me completely baffled. I'm honestly wondering if they need to start having input from fans/collectors who can point out the obvious BEFORE they make these decisions.

And it's not just that the hatless head is completely unwhelming. More importantly, it's OUT OF CHARACTER and completely worthless. Indy never goes without a hat while wearing his adventure gear throught the entirely of ROTLA! Do they not know this? Seriously, what is the point of this head (especially considering there are at least a couple other exclusives that would have made much more sense)?

I now have little faith in seeing a cool exclusive 12" or PF at SDCC. Map Room Indy? Yeah, right! :(

But... the regular PF still rocks the house!! :rock :rock :rock

Just wait till you get the flat lifeless production paint job. :rolleyes:

I basically agree with you that it's so-so exclusive and I'm disappointed. Thankfully everything else about this piece is fantastic - they even got the grooves on Indy's holster right.

I just wonder what the thought process is. Is this a group decision? I'm sure someone, or a group of someones, thought that fans would really like the option to display an Indy statue without his hat on. :confused:

I just wonder what the thought process is. Is this a group decision? I'm sure someone, or a group of someones, thought that fans would really like the option to display an Indy statue without his hat on. :confused:
It has to be some kind of corporate Groupthink. No real individual INDY fan would come up with this choice of an exclusive in a million years. Not one.

No worries, ultimately. The sheer awesomeness of the Regular PF still has me giddy (though I still fear that it won't hold up after production). I'm just going to pretend like the Exclusive never happened and order the Regular from BBTS or something.

And now I'm off to clear my head in a glass of whiskey. :monkey4

Back