The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy EX = Sux :monkey4:monkey2

Indy PF = :rock

I'm still stoked about getting this but I am really disappointed at what SS chose for the EX. I won't be ordering thru SS Friday. This is retailer fodder for me.

Indy EX = Sux :monkey4:monkey2

Indy PF = :rock

I'm still stoked about getting this but I am really disappointed at what SS chose for the EX. I won't be ordering thru SS Friday. This is retailer fodder for me.

Exactly my thought... Bad choice for an exclusive item just saved me a tremendous amount of coin buying it from my Canadian retailer.:banana

To quote Eric Idle-- Always look on the bright side of life...

Yeah, in a way I'm glad about the exclusive. I still think it'd be nice to have a removeable head in case you want someone to paint it to prototype (or better) standards but the truth is I'll probably pass altogether on the Ex.

I'll have four PF's on preorder once Indy goes up (Anakin, Aragorn, Thor, Indy) that will be shipping Q3/Q4 but will probably only be able to afford two if they all ship close together. The exclusive Anakin and Thor are must haves but now its easier to just let Aragorn and Indy go until later.

Its still a PHENOMENAL PF, but one I won't have to scramble to get at retail. I doubt that either the exclusive or regular edition Indy will increase much (if at all) in price after it ships.

I hear ya Khev. I'll have 4 p.f.'s on pre-order after Indy as well. Aragorn, Anakin, Galadriel, and Indiana Jones.

I might cancel Galadriel and get her later on. And, I might have to cancel Anakin as well. Aragorn and Indy are #1 and #2 on my list, those are definites.

But, I am going to try my best to keep all of them.

Jesus Christ this looks good :google

Not sold on the exclusive though I know I'll be ordering one. Depends on the price difference I guess.

Mad props SS, this is a fantastic piece that many have wanted for a long time :clap

Get production pieces to look this good and I'll be really impressed :monkey1

A separate hat would make this a much more desirable Exclusive... but still even standing w/o a hat and holding the hat or having it on the ground would still pale in comparison to just the regular.

Definitely nice that the head is removable, so it can easily be repainted (if need be) but it would have been cool to maybe have this, and add in the medalion or an alternate gun hand. Just the head alone is kinda meh.

But like Josh said, at least its an exclusive that people can live w/o if need be.

I hear ya Khev. I'll have 4 p.f.'s on pre-order after Indy as well. Aragorn, Anakin, Galadriel, and Indiana Jones.

I might cancel Galadriel and get her later on. And, I might have to cancel Anakin as well. Aragorn and Indy are #1 and #2 on my list, those are definites.

But, I am going to try my best to keep all of them.

I've only got Anakin on deck but I'm trying to get my CC down and this non-exclusive (IMO at least) helps greatly with that.

Why even bother making an excl.? Nobody's gonna display him without the hat. I'm still getting one though just because it's the excl.:D But i was hoping it would be the pedistal with the bag of sand on top.

It's all about the resale value :monkey3

I have no idea where I'll put this as he'll stand out a bit in my SW, LOTR, and Marvel collection. I just hope he doesn't open the door to all the other movie related PF's I've been holding off on :eek:

Just saw the ex for the first time...I must say its a big caca of an exclusive...:lol..Buy this from the retailers guys.Nobodys gonna ever use that hatless head.

Not sure if its been meationed before, but 1 advantage with the hatless Ex, is you now have the option to make a real cloth hat and put it on the hatless head.

But that aside, its good news, means I can get the regular and have a classic iconic Indy, assuming that the ES for the Ex will be large enough.
Won't it be funny if in time, the reg is rare as hell to get, but one could still purchase the Ex from SS.

Why even bother making an excl.? Nobody's gonna display him without the hat. I'm still getting one though just because it's the excl.:D But i was hoping it would be the pedistal with the bag of sand on top.

I'm surprised in some ways they're making an Ex for this. I could have seen this being a piece without an Ex.

Not sure if its been meationed before, but 1 advantage with the hatless Ex, is you now have the option to make a real cloth hat and put it on the hatless head.

Such an obvious idea...BRILLIANT! I want to do that. Where can I get a 1/4th scale fedora? Who can make one?

This would be a huge market for a PF scale material fedora right now.

Exactly my thought... Bad choice for an exclusive item just saved me a tremendous amount of coin buying it from my Canadian retailer.:banana

What Canadian retailer is this, and how much do you think you'll save? Fellow Canuck would like to know.... :D

Eh, not an exclusive item I am interested in. I think its a very dull one. I agree that its a pain when the exclusive is a must have and when people miss out on it, that sucks. But I think the exclusive should still have some appeal. I just can't imagine why someone would display him without the hat...

I'm surprised in some ways they're making an Ex for this. I could have seen this being a piece without an Ex.

That probably would have been a better option given the exclusive we're getting. Although having the exclusive can guarantee Sideshow more direct sales which is of course better for them.

Back