Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
given the size of this badboy vs the size of the comi, will it really be that tough of a decision?
The size will rock, I know and dig that. I just really love the action and power of the comi. Though, this maquette will definitely be a must have piece. I just hope the price is within reach.

I would do it in fact I am also thinking about it. But the price may go down on the comi when the maquette is out to order.

I am keeping my hulk PF and will get skaar, hulk maquette and world war hulk PF.

I don't think I need 5 hulks in my room, not enough space. The comi has to go at some point.

I would do it in fact I am also thinking about it. But the price may go down on the comi when the maquette is out to order.

I am keeping my hulk PF and will get skaar, hulk maquette and world war hulk PF.

I don't think I need 5 hulks in my room, not enough space. The comi has to go at some point.
Yeah, I am also picking up Skaar. I never was fan of the original PF, but I respect the opinion of those that dig it. It just wasn't for me. The more I look at this maquette, the more I realize it's a must have. I love a lot of the comic based Hulk statues from the past, my favorite being the BD "smash down" Hulk. The problem is, of course, the scale. I really need a favorable 1/4 scale Hulkster in my collection, and I think this maquette fits the bill mighty fine, even if it isn't exactly comic based. :)

Yeah, I am also picking up Skaar. I never was fan of the original PF, but I respect the opinion of those that dig it. It just wasn't for me. The more I look at this maquette, the more I realize it's a must have. I love a lot of the comic based Hulk statues from the past, my favorite being the BD "smash down" Hulk. The problem is, of course, the scale. I really need a favorable 1/4 scale Hulkster in my collection, and I think this maquette fits the bill mighty fine, even if it isn't exactly comic based. :)

Bro, if that BD smack down Hulk was in 1/4 scale, I would need no other. I have the Faux Bronze version and it's still my favorite Hulk statue. The Com comes in a very close 2nd. The rage, power, motion, and unique pose are spot on. The only thing that holds the Com back for me is the scale and paint job. If it were 1/4 scale with the PFs paint job, I would be in heaven. A little more hair wouldn't hurt either but it's not a deal breaker for me.

That all being said, this maquette looks too good to pass up. I mean.....just look at it. If the price is right, I'll add to my collection in a heartbeat. This piece just seems to be hitting all the right notes.

This will be the best hulk statue from any company.
Future grail no doubt as long as sideshow don't make it open ES.

Do you prefer the FB version over the regular painted version? My smack down Hulk even has a RB sketch on the bottom of the base. :D

Yes. I really don't care for the green paint BD uses on their Hulk statues. It's a little to light/yellowish for my tastes. I don't care for any of the other statues in the FB line but the Hulk just looks great in that dark bronze green. The dark green used on the PF is my favorite green color for the Hulk.

A sketch and a sig on your base? NOICE!

I hated the green used on the Comiquette. Red version is looking much more promising. Will be ordering that if this is over priced.

I understand. I wasn't feeling the paint job on the Com myself. Are you buying Rulk to take the place of a green Hulk for your collection if you pass on the maquette? Are you thinking of customizing the Rulk into a green Hulk? I don't see how Rulk alone could ever be used as a replacement for a green Hulk in any collection.

I understand. I wasn't feeling the paint job on the Com myself. Are you buying Rulk to take the place of a green Hulk for your collection if you pass on the maquette? Are you thinking of customizing the Rulk into a green Hulk? I don't see how Rulk alone could ever be used as a replacement for a green Hulk in any collection.
:lecture The sermon has ended, churchgoers. Now git!

I really loved the Comiquette sculpt but returned it due to the poor colour, disappointing head/hair and very poor paint apps.
The Rulk won't be the same but will have to do. As said really want this Maquette but might be priced out after shipping and added V.A.T here in the U.K.

I hated the green used on the Comiquette. Red version is looking much more promising. Will be ordering that if this is over priced.

Same here. Between the washed out looking paint and the hair I never ended up even displaying mine. I sold it as soon as I saw they were producing this one. So if it comes in under the $700 I got for my com ex I'll be a happy camper.

I sold all of my smaller Hulk statues plus my Indy ROTLA PF and returned my Terminator PF. So I have plenty of funds.

But I also may sell my Comiquette. Just so I don't blow through all my funds. I have a Joker on the way and plan on getting Hulk maquette, R2 and 3PO pf, and plan on getting a Batman PF down the road whenever that is anounced.

What does all of that add up to?? Hulk Comiquette might have to go. I also tend to love Comic based over film based but the fact that this hulk will be a 1/4 scale and not 1/5 like the comi gives the maquette the leg up.

I really can't believe I am thinking about letting him go. Perhaps I will box him up and just hold onto and not try to sell unless I really have to. But I really don't need two hulks at that large of a size.

Anyways I have the Bowen Smackdown vs Abomination set up to represent the comic version, so respect will be paid!

I really loved the Comiquette sculpt but returned it due to the poor colour, disappointing head/hair and very poor paint apps.
The Rulk won't be the same but will have to do. As said really want this Maquette but might be priced out after shipping and added V.A.T here in the U.K.

I really hope the maquette is released with a price you can live with. If not, hold out. There will most certainly be another Hulk statue released by SSC in the future. Put your money toward that instead of Rulk. Unless you're a huge Rulk fan pass on it. There is no substitute for the real deal.

I sold all of my smaller Hulk statues plus my Indy ROTLA PF and returned my Terminator PF. So I have plenty of funds.

But I also may sell my Comiquette. Just so I don't blow through all my funds. I have a Joker on the way and plan on getting Hulk maquette, R2 and 3PO pf, and plan on getting a Batman PF down the road whenever that is anounced.

What does all of that add up to?? Hulk Comiquette might have to go. I also tend to love Comic based over film based but the fact that this hulk will be a 1/4 scale and not 1/5 like the comi gives the maquette the leg up.

I really can't believe I am thinking about letting him go. Perhaps I will box him up and just hold onto and not try to sell unless I really have to. But I really don't need two hulks at that large of a size.

Anyways I have the Bowen Smackdown vs Abomination set up to represent the comic version, so respect will be paid!
Word, brother. Wooooord. You are making perfect sense to me. Out with the old. In with the new.
I really hope the maquette is released with a price you can live with. If not, hold out. There will most certainly be another Hulk statue released by SSC in the future. Put your money toward that instead of Rulk. Unless you're a huge Rulk fan pass on it. There is no substitute for the real deal.
I will put anyone that disagrees with the post above on my ignore list. There's just no disputing the facts. :lecture

Back