Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know why they've done it. :lecture
When the get an email in five years time asking 'why does my Hulk say Limited Edition while it is still being produced in huge quantities, for half the price I payed :horror'
SS will jusy say 'sorry but your Hulk was never Limited Edition it was Limted Edition!'

Okay, so imagine lifting up the 1:2 Endo with your right hand and then holding a stapler in the left....the left hand is roughly how much the Hulk weighs :lecture:lol

:lol I like this reply on Statue forum.

Originally Posted by Nidgit
Unless you're planning on using it as an anchor, who gives a ***** how heavy it is :rolleyes:

:rotfl :exactly:

All of this complaining about weight has become silly. We need more Hulk photos.

P1180279_zps45b0ea6f.jpg

I need to stop looking at all these pics, it's making the wait for this brutal :lol

I need to stop looking at all these pics, it's making the wait for this brutal :lol

Yeah. I vowed not to pick this up due to the open ES. These awesome pics are like being tortured. I gotta stay out of this thread for awhile for fear of breaking down.:lol

It is nice to see that this came out looking so good. At least you know when he arrives you have a great looking statue to unbox.

Oh no i can't have 'LIMTED EDITION' and a statue that isn't as heavy as my house. I'll email SSC to cancel this before they ship it. I like my statues to smash through the display because of the weight :woo Epic Fail SSC EPIC FAIL :panic: :slap

No way Roberto!
I display my statues really high on glass shelves so I can look at the perfect spelling next to an edition number :monkey1

you guys are too funny!

Mine should be here by the end of the month. Looking at all these great pics is killing me!

Ok...this weight discussion has gone on for too long and it's detracting from the awesomeness of this statue.

Let's put this in perspective...my 20 month old son is only slightly taller and heavier than this Hulk. It's basically a small child on your shelves.

Then again, when I get home from work I usually pick up my son and say, "Damn kid, are you under 40 lbs? What a cheap, worthless piece of crap you are."

Ok...this weight discussion has gone on for too long and it's detracting from the awesomeness of this statue.

Let's put this in perspective...my 20 month old son is only slightly taller and heavier than this Hulk. It's basically a small child on your shelves.

Then again, when I get home from work I usually pick up my son and say, "Damn kid, are you under 40 lbs? What a cheap, worthless piece of crap you are."

There wouldn't be an issue if we were told from the beginning that it would be 18Lbs and not led to believe it was a 40Lbs statue.
How hard can it be?

There wouldn't be an issue if we were told from the beginning that it would be 18Lbs and not led to believe it was a 40Lbs statue.
How hard can it be?

:gah:

So, if they had estimated, say 25 lbs, and it came in at just under 19 lbs, no one would be complaining and people would still gladly hand over their money?

This argument makes no sense. Saying that because SSC miscalculated the weight, the piece suddenly becomes a pile of stinking garbage is laughable. It's not made of gold, guys.

I've said it before, this Hulk looks and feels solid. So it's a hair under 19lbs...I guess that makes it a crappy piece of painted styrofoam? Please.

How hard can it be?

It was probably originally that weight, or at least the prototype was. The specs likely changed during production in order to save on costs (both for shipping from the production in china to the warehouse in CA and to you, the client).

The elevated cost is largely due to this being a Legacy Effects sculpt. I imagine if this was a purely SSC sculpt, it would have been no more expensive than Rhino.

That said, in hand it is fine. I don't see any of the owners of this statue complaining. Only high praise.

Back