Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened mine up today at work and he is great! No flaws from what i can see and damn he is beastly! He is pretty light for his size but still feels massive at the same time. I'm not sure I understand the whole "a statue has to be heavy to be quality,." This piece is very nicely done and has very nice details. The teeth look fantastic with the gloss on it and almost feel real. I think the hands are my favorite part...definitely feels like Hulk! having said all of this, I am not sure he's quite worth the $600 I paid for him. I don't regret paying for him since I'm not dipping into my savings or anything but i would have to say that $550 would have been perfect for this fella. Still, really love this statue and will probably be the only Hulk I own for quite some time.

Love it but it has to go back for damage

IMG_7342_zps11c43853.jpg

IMG_7347_zps0b34bc9b.jpg

IMG_7350_zpsc9d3d3d2.jpg

Damage on mines:anyone got this residue on there hulk chest?

IMG_7343_zps85eeb0c4.jpg

IMG_7345_zpse91567ad.jpg

IMG_7346_zpsc885cd5c.jpg

Yup! I just notice that I have the same residue as urs,its hard to shows in camera :( will nee to contact them again since I already dead for the missing paint spot in bis hair.

View attachment 59176
View attachment 59177

I copy loud and clear Bodie.

However, unless you have a Delorean parked in your garage (or a Tardis if you are British) the days of heavier/sturdier pieces that exuded quality right out of the box for $300 are over. I for one don't associate weight with quality. There are plenty of heavy pieces that suck but I see your point.

I am not saying that is not possible to be "wowed" anymore, but the price-value proposition has certainly changed with Sideshow. At $700 the margin for error should be less and there should be no doubt that it was money well spent.

Now, how did the manage to misspell "Limited"...

8550245922_8e649a8479_b.jpg

I dont sea the problum? :dunno :)

Heck, at least they spelt Sideshow Collectibles right, thats the main thing eh...

The residue is just powder, i have it on mine too, it wipes right off. My base is wobbly, anyone have that problem?

Not really, my Hulk as i remember seemed to fit on quite well with not much rocking. One thing i did find was a very strong chemical odour when taking him out the box, almost as if he'd been painted the night before it was packaged up...:dunno

On my other Hulk base it said Sidesow :lol

DOH! :slap

Not really, my Hulk as i remember seemed to fit on quite well with not much rocking. One thing i did find was a very strong chemical odour when taking him out the box, almost as if he'd been painted the night before it was packaged up...:dunno

That's just the smell of gamma radiation :lol

Mine has shipped. I preordered this back when it was first available, now I'm almost wanting to send it back. I can't believe how lite the thing is for the price, and how can they spell limited wrong.

:slap You really want to cancel? Because of the two minor issues and no mention of the brows :lol

people hate the doom and hulk pfs.. so cheap.. they love the eggthing black panther though, its quality...

That is the perfect comparison bodie.
When my Panther arrived it's leg had snapped off, due to the thinness of the sculpt, but after picking it up I was glad because I could send it back. It did feel really cheap abd I didn't want it. Again perfect description 'like a cheaply made piggy bank'.
I will keep my Hulk but never trust a SS weight spec. again.
IF IT'S GOING TO WEIGH 18LBS DON'T TELL US IT'S 40 BLOODY LBS! :lecture

C'mon Col, when you recieve both your Hulks next month and see the mis-spelling of the word 'LIMTED EDITION' in the flesh, are you telling me your gonna still keep them! :horror

Oh no i can't have 'LIMTED EDITION' and a statue that isn't as heavy as my house. I'll email SSC to cancel this before they ship it. I like my statues to smash through the display because of the weight :woo Epic Fail SSC EPIC FAIL :panic: :slap

C'mon Col, when you recieve both your Hulks next month and see the mis-spelling of the word 'LIMTED EDITION' in the flesh, are you telling me your gonna still keep them! :horror

No way Roberto!
I display my statues really high on glass shelves so I can look at the perfect spelling next to an edition number :monkey1

Oh no i can't have 'LIMTED EDITION' and a statue that isn't as heavy as my house. I'll email SSC to cancel this before they ship it. I like my statues to smash through the display because of the weight :woo Epic Fail SSC EPIC FAIL :panic: :slap

I would have liked my Hulk to have been even lighter, certainly helps when having to lift over 45 shipping boxes daily just to get out the living room door! :lecture :slap :rotfl

Back