Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, can someone please explain Open ES to me?
Everyones saying Galactus is open ES but the SS site says Limited Edition.
Does OES mean they will produce it for a certain time then withdraw?
Will it have a numbered base? If they don't know how many they will produce it wouldn't have ****\****?
The only piece I have that is not numbered is the T-800.
Thanks, Col.

Will it have a numbered base? If they don't know how many they will produce it wouldn't have ****\****?
Thanks, Col.

Last year they would have no ES listed when something went up for preorder. On the page it would appear as limited Edition:TBD. Something without an ES would not have TBD beside the limited edition implying an open ES

Thanks, Col.

haven't you asked this before? Open ES pieces will not ever have numbers on the base. SS closes production run whenever they want, that's all you need to know really.

Thanks, Col.

Yup will be same as your T-800 non number.

No, never asked before 'coz if I had I would know. :slap
So an open ES could be 100 or 5,000?

I swear it was you, but oh well, I guess not. I can guarantee you SS is going to make an many of these as people will buy. If this becomes open ES, I'd imagine 2500-4000 of them end up getting made if it's open for 3+ years. I will just wait to get it cheaper on the aftermarket if it ends up being open ES, so SS is only hurting themselves here.

$650 ummmmmmmmmmm why? Because sideshow read this forum and a lot of people want the statue for $1000 or more??? basterds

Although not a PF, Back in Black Spidey Com was closed Edition with no EX so you never know. Then again it was a variation of Iron Spidey.

Shai's "poseur" comments don't bother me. There's different levels of fandom for everyone. I like Hulk. I follow the character, but I'm no die hard like Shai. I only need 1 good 1/4 Hulk.

I agree with one thing he said, we're seeing who are fans of the characters vs who collects for exclusiveness with some of these recent releases. I'm glad I love the characters because collectors who arent into the characters have been getting burned recently with no EXs and OES. If you don't love the characters you'll become one of those people selling their stuff and finding a new hobby.

Although not a PF, Back in Black Spidey Com was closed Edition with no EX so you never know. Then again it was a variation of Iron Spidey.

Shai's "poseur" comments don't bother me. There's different levels of fandom for everyone. I like Hulk. I follow the character, but I'm no die hard like Shai. I only need 1 good 1/4 Hulk.

I agree with one thing he said, we're seeing who are fans of the characters vs who collects for exclusiveness with some of these recent releases. I'm glad I love the characters because collectors who arent into the characters have been getting burned recently with no EXs and OES. If you don't love the characters you'll become one of those people selling their stuff and finding a new hobby.

we shall see, but SS is killing the hobby by making more and more pieces open ES that are available for years and years imo. It's definitely saved me a lot of money on pieces I really want though, so I can't complain too much :lol, but I have slowed down a lot.

I swear it was you, but oh well, I guess not. I can guarantee you SS is going to make an many of these as people will buy. If this becomes open ES, I'd imagine 2500-4000 of them end up getting made if it's open for 3+ years. I will just wait to get it cheaper on the aftermarket if it ends up being open ES, so SS is only hurting themselves here.

Not me mate! Thanks anyway.
So Open ES destroys the second hand market :slap
Oh well, this will be for keeps but still it's not nice to see something you've paid top dollar for selling for a lot less at a later date... T-800! :lol
Really hope they put an ES on this beast.

Not me mate! Thanks anyway.
So Open ES destroys the second hand market :slap
Oh well, this will be for keeps but still it's not nice to see something you've paid top dollar for selling for a lot less at a later date... T-800! :lol
Really hope they put an ES on this beast.

yep, that's why it's usually best to wait and pay what the market says these open ES pieces are worth. That way, if you HAVE to sell, you don't lose much, if at all. At some point, they will be closed though.

When Avengers 2 hit theatre in a couple years, regardless of the ES of this you will see prices skyrocket for this beauty.

There comes a time when everyone runs out of space and needs to sell something to make room for new pieces, unless you live in a mansion!
I've sold a few items to fund this, and create space, and I'm happy to say that I made a bit of profit in doing so.
Will make me think long and hard before buying anything with an open ES in the future but if this is OES what can you do?
As I said though, this will pass to my son so no worries about market value at a later date.

I will still get one. I hope i am mistaken about OES. I guest the Hulk PF will be still on the #1. I had i chance to own it before for less than $600 and i let it go :monkey2

I will still get one. I hope i am mistaken about OES. I guest the Hulk PF will be still on the #1. I had i chance to own it before for less than $600 and i let it go :monkey2

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

I both both hulk PFs for $325 each :monkey3

Back