The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm surprised they are getting that much for that guy... much like their voltron with the $1200 price tag!

I still can't believe they charged $1200 for that Voltron. I thought it was awesome, but even when I saw it in person at SDCC I knew I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Christopher Reeve died thirteen years ago today. :( I remember exactly where I was when I found out and also remember spending the rest of that day in disbelief that my childhood hero was gone.

tumblr_nv2gvcGgVt1ru1hc6o1_500.gif

Crazy Ashley Wood Joker is up for preorder on Sideshow.

dc-comics-the-joker-sixth-scale-threea-903214-06.jpg

Ashley Wood seems to be coming out of the creative rut he's been in for the last few years, both this and the recent Marvel "artistic interpretation" figures of Black Widow, Punisher and Captain America look pretty good.

Christopher Reeve died thirteen years ago today. :( I remember exactly where I was when I found out and also remember spending the rest of that day in disbelief that my childhood hero was gone.

I was 16 at the time. Remember being profoundly sad about it because I absolutely loved the Superman movies as a child, even III and IV. After discovering how he'd been paralysed in an accident I hoped he'd live to see some kind of medical advance that would cure him, had a lot of childish optimism that he'd get some miracle cure just like in a comic. Sadly it wasn't to be.

I recently sat down and watched the first Superman movie from start to finish, I swear it's not just rose-tinted nostalgia but that film has aged extremely well. I think it captures the look and feel of a comic, and the tone of the character, far better than just about any modern superhero film.

Ashley Wood seems to be coming out of the creative rut he's been in for the last few years, both this and the recent Marvel "artistic interpretation" figures of Black Widow, Punisher and Captain America look pretty good.

I was 16 at the time. Remember being profoundly sad about it because I absolutely loved the Superman movies as a child, even III and IV. After discovering how he'd been paralysed in an accident I hoped he'd live to see some kind of medical advance that would cure him, had a lot of childish optimism that he'd get some miracle cure just like in a comic. Sadly it wasn't to be.

I recently sat down and watched the first Superman movie from start to finish, I swear it's not just rose-tinted nostalgia but that film has aged extremely well. I think it captures the look and feel of a comic, and the tone of the character, far better than just about any modern superhero film.

That makes me feel old--I was 30. :lol I remember being in shock when he got paralyzed. I really hoped there would be some medical advance that helped him, but he ended up helping others with his foundation even though there wasn't anything that could be done for him then.

I agree about the first Superman film. I still love it, even with the cringey Lois poem. :lol Reeve embodied everything I love about Superman, and the film captured the look and tone of the comics perfectly. It really was like seeing the comic book come to life.

Crazy Ashley Wood Joker is up for preorder on Sideshow.

dc-comics-the-joker-sixth-scale-threea-903214-06.jpg

That's really nice. It's got great artistic value.

Damn, really doesn't feel that long ago.

Time has definitely flown by. It'd be interesting to hear what Reeve had to say about DC's portrayal of Superman on the big screen now.

I met Chris once. At a riding show on Long Island....walked right by him, did a double take.....walked back and said hello. He looked like a typical English rider....the only reason I looked twice was his height and the fact it was another guy at a riding show, that's pretty rare. We talked for a bit about his horse....he shook my hand, and that was it.

One of my best days.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love for them to at least make a Reeve Kent figure--though preferably in a 2-pack with a new Reeve Superman. :lol While I'm dreaming, they can make Zod, a black robe Jor-El, and Hackman Luthor too.

It's irritating that Superman doesn't get much love from Hot Toys. I was just thinking that with the new Justice League Superman figure, that's three Cavill figures without a heat vision head sculpt. :mad: He doesn't come with any accessories anyway--just throw in another ****ing head sculpt!

It's irritating that Superman doesn't get much love from Hot Toys. I was just thinking that with the new Justice League Superman figure, that's three Cavill figures without a heat vision head sculpt. :mad: He doesn't come with any accessories anyway--just throw in another ****ing head sculpt!

I think a heat-vision sculpt is the least they could give us... I'd love a Clark Kent sculpt too!

didn't someone in the customs thread put up a zod sculpt?

I got on the list for that one, but I don't know where I'm going to find a quality outfit for him. The Mattel one is extremely dated and not a great fit so I don't want to use it. Hopefully someone will get a custom outfit commissioned. If not, I may have to get off my ass and find someone to make one for me.

I got on the list for that one, but I don't know where I'm going to find a quality outfit for him. The Mattel one is extremely dated and not a great fit so I don't want to use it. Hopefully someone will get a custom outfit commissioned. If not, I may have to get off my ass and find someone to make one for me.

true... i would think that once the sculpt comes out, someone would jump on it. doesn't look like it would take all that much to complete.

other news... my raph shipped... tues is the day! happy to have the set complete! now... where to put them! lol

Back