The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have seen everyone losing their **** when they announced he was only signing his book. It was right before Return of the King was released in theaters. People brought giant framed posters, toys, books and carried them there for nothing. :lol

It was a really cool store. I couldn't buy much while we lived there because I knew it'd be a pain to get it all back to the US, but I loved going in and just looking around.

LotR fans are on another level right? :lol

I think the Hobbit films are all in the top ten worst movies I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating. They were painful to sit through.

Me too. I honestly loved the weather there. I remember one time we left England in the summer to fly to home and visit everyone, but we stopped in Vegas first to see a friend. It was in the 60's in London. When we landed in Vegas it was over 100°. I'll take dreary clouds over baking in an oven any day.

Foreigners love to joke about the weather here, but honestly there's nothing more relaxing than the sound of gentle rainfall through the trees at night. My Australian friend regularly regales me with stories about the weather there - cars melting, roads too hot to walk on without your shoes liquifying, etc - and I honestly wonder how anyone could live with that.

One of the coolest things I got to do there was go to Forbidden Planet and meet Christopher Lee. It was when he released an autobiography, and my wife and I got two of them signed. He pissed a lot of people off that day because he wouldn't sign anything but his book and everyone brought a bunch of LOTR stuff. :lol

You should have seen everyone losing their **** when they announced he was only signing his book. It was right before Return of the King was released in theaters. People brought giant framed posters, toys, books and carried them there for nothing. :lol

It was a really cool store. I couldn't buy much while we lived there because I knew it'd be a pain to get it all back to the US, but I loved going in and just looking around.

I lived in London for a few years, I always enjoyed looking around Forbidden Planet - if I ever actually wanted to buy anything though, I usually went to Orbital Comics off Chinatown. I still can't get over how much FP marked up their prices, then again having a store on Shaftesbury Avenue can't be cheap.

Nowhere was as bad as Tokyo Toys, though - I'd heard they'd closed down recently (I'm sure much to the relief of others in the Trocadero fed up of being surrounded by gangs of people in orange pyjamas and Naruto headbands, gnawing on stale Pocky), only to about a week later run across their new store in Birmingham. It's like the damn place is following me around :monkey4

I can't remember if we em went to Orbital Comics or not. It seems like we would have because I was going to every comic book store there I could find.

I can't remember if we em went to Orbital Comics or not. It seems like we would have because I was going to every comic book store there I could find.

Orbital had the yellow sign and frontage, and was like a corridor inside. I really liked that place, it was less corporate than FP and had longbox upon longbox of old comics laid out towards the back of the store.

Orbital had the yellow sign and frontage, and was like a corridor inside. I really liked that place, it was less corporate than FP and had longbox upon longbox of old comics laid out towards the back of the store.

I just looked it up to see a picture of it and do remember it! It was new when we were there from 2002 to 2004. I liked it because it was a real comic book store with actual comics in long boxes. :lol

I still haven't see a one :wave
Fix that! :thwak:

Hobbit movies are meh, so much wrong. The LoTR movies are still great, they've got issues but they're fine.
Their Batman figure reminds me of the Movie Masters one from 8 years ago. :lol
I think it's the proportions.

Joker is a mess though, hopefully they clean his makeup a bit.
They seem fine, and yeah Pliss the original Joker shots weren't great. On the other hand, versus the Mafex these should be good since those are fragile.

Me neither! I've had the trilogy for ages but just never got round to watching them!

I'm pretty sure I got my girl the DVDs of the original trilogy since she loves them. I'll get to them one of these days :lol

I have such a huge backlog of stuff I need to watch. I'm probably taking the plunge on Suicide Squad or BvS this weekend.

Back