The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You jumped out? No! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were my brother, Coco! I loved you! :monkey2

:lol I know! It's tragic but I got bored with the line and I was running out of display space.:monkey2 I sold my Boromir and Legolas but kept Aragorn and will eventually pick up Frodo and , if they ever make him, Gandalf.
Faramir is really tempting me now though.:D

Wonderful photos Captain!!! He looks amazing!! Way to go Les you did a marvelous job on this repaint!!!!

that figure is so real looking its scary, Cap. mine is scary in a different sort of way. im thinking of putting a bag over his head. in fact im thinking of just posing him without a head.

I really don't see what the fuss was about with this figure as I think it has the paint apps of the ones I have - Aragorn ( way to much beard apps ) & Boromir ( who has a matt finish and red blotches and lacking detail in the eyes)

I really don't see what the fuss was about with this figure as I think it has the paint apps of the ones I have - Aragorn ( way to much beard apps ) & Boromir ( who has a matt finish and red blotches and lacking detail in the eyes)

Yeah, this is just fine:

ss_faramir_repaint_3.jpg

Yeah, this is just fine:

ss_faramir_repaint_3.jpg

If you're lucky enough to get one that good. A Farmir that good from the factory is a diamond in the rough. Based on the boards, the majority of them, even the "good" ones, were still not up to the bar set by most Sideshow figures, and even with his overdone beard Aragorn looked better.

i dont want to start the paint debate again but my figure is actually painted pretty good. i just hate the glossiness and the awful color scheme. what the hell is up with the hair color?????:confused:

I LOVE the paint app that Les did on your Faramir, Captain. Please continue to post more pics just to remind us of what we could have had. I like that every so often, you revive this thread. It's always good to see Faramir.

My Faramir is still in the box. I'm afraid that when I take him out I'm going to be totally disappointed...now that I've seen yours.

And of course, the best one:

IMG_0724.jpg

Yeah Les's really does look fantastic.... but I gotta say my faramir looks quite realistic in the light I have him sitting in, where my Boromirs paint apps
( standing right next to Faramir ) is very toyish in appearance and my Aragorn looks great now that I got some thinners (very carefully) to the beard and reduced it to stubble. just weird :monkey1 . I guess I'm not saying you guys don't have bad paint apps on yours just I'm looking through different eyes thats all.

I guess I'm not saying you guys don't have bad paint apps on yours just I'm looking through different eyes thats all.

I wouldn't even say it's the eyes you're looking through, it seems like the Faramir's that came from the later shipments got better and better, but I was one of the first to get one and it was so horrible I took a bruch to him the moment I got it.

FSD1.jpg

FSD4.jpg

The eyes and eyebrows were sloppy, the beard was poor looking, it was just crazy, but I didn't consider replacement because everyone that got one in the first batch with me was just as bad so I didn't have reason to think I could get any better.

I wouldn't even say it's the eyes you're looking through, it seems like the Faramir's that came from the later shipments got better and better, but I was one of the first to get one and it was so horrible I took a bruch to him the moment I got it.

FSD1.jpg

FSD4.jpg

The eyes and eyebrows were sloppy, the beard was poor looking, it was just crazy, but I didn't consider replacement because everyone that got one in the first batch with me was just as bad so I didn't have reason to think I could get any better.
mine was a thousand times better than that gargoyle.:monkey4
but i got mine early. my eyebrows are complete and the boots look better than the pics ive seen. the orangish paint is only around the seams and laces. i like the boots a lot actually. i couldnt believe the ones i saw that have it smeared all over the sides and top cuffs or what not.

The thing is, even if the paint application was perfect (which it obviously wasn't for many people), it still looks like crap because the hair color is off and the way they decided to do the beard looks bad (which was also true with Aragorn).

Back