The Firefly controversy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly...awesome, meh, or caca? You make the call!

• Total voters
a monkey can do what you consider hard. IE, removing paint and/or simply spreading a solid coat of a single color onto a head. :lol :duh

My argument was that the artistic and skilled part of adding a believable camo pattern to match the suit is much more difficult and would prefer SSC to do it.

"Effort" is easier to come by than "skill".

My wife does this all the time too. Trying to change an argument so that, in some minute way, she'll still be right. :lol

I'd have paid an extra $10 for an additional camo painted head which should have been the exclusive. They should make every figure exclusive something that gives the collector the option to display them as identifiably vintage i.e. Duke with binoculars or modern. That way all bases are covered and everyone is happy.

My wife does this all the time too. Trying to change an argument so that, in some minute way, she'll still be right. :lol

not my fault you don't understand what the argument was from the get go. Again, I can't change someone's mind when they're to far up their own arse to see what everyone is talking about. :dunno :lol

you've got a pretty big group going there. :rotfl

Add to that a nice chunk of the group of people who had the Firefly Ex sell out in 10 minutes (like 700 of the 750 - likely to be the ES of the Ex). Because listening to you guys whine, you should've passed. Remember your own philosophy Prog, vote with your wallet! :lol

Add to that a nice chunk of the group of people who had the Firefly Ex sell out in 10 minutes (like 700 of the 750 - likely to be the ES of the Ex). Because listening to you guys whine, you should've passed. Remember your own philosophy Prog, vote with your wallet! :lol

they charge at preorder now? crap! :lol ...and your assertion is that this would NOT have sold out if the balacava was camo'd? :lol

Minus the number of "flippers" who will turn around and sell them for exorbitant prices on the secondary market.

And minus the number of pre-order cancellations due to buyer's remorse and credit card declines.

This will be offered on Second Chance.

they charge at preorder now? crap! :lol ...and your assertion is that this would NOT have sold out if the balacava was camo'd? :lol

Point is, it did despite not being camouflaged. Is that anemia I smell in your posts now? :D

Minus the number of "flippers" who will turn around and sell them for exorbitant prices on the secondary market.

And minus the number of pre-order cancellations due to buyer's remorse and credit card declines.

This will be offered on Second Chance.

I beg to differ. Not a single Joe Ex has come up on 2nd Chance. Wait Lists will be filled long before it has a chance to do that, and then, if that, it will be less than 20.

500_1.jpg

Old school nostalgic appeal or not, if Sideshow had opted to give us a grey-camouflaged Snake-eyes to pass off as Firefly, rather than sticking with their stated goal of giving the franchise a more modern, realistic upgrade, then I would have been unhappy with the figure.

As it is, Firefly is brilliant. Reminds me of the Modern Warfare games, for some reason. The camo hood (and a hood is all a balaclava really is, when you get right down to it) is an excellent equivalent to the original, the coat is more practical ... overall, it's far better than I was expecting. I'd been thinking of dropping Joe from my collection. But the first images I saw of Firefly roped me back in.

Great job, Sideshow. :clap You're on a definite upward trend, and I like it.

yawn. you're the admitted SSF resident a-hole... :lol if you're going to be proud of it, don't be ashamed of the stink coming from it and your bs. :lol

yawn. you're the admitted SSF resident a-hole... :lol if you're going to be proud of it, don't be ashamed of the stink coming from it and your bs. :lol

Tell you what. Since you like posting like a woman, go ahead. Post after this. I'll give you the last word to soothe your vagina. I'm done with the tit-for-tat. :lol

Back