The Expendables 2 - August 17, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was a fun watch. Seeing some old guys kicking some ass, not taking themselves to serious. Yeah it was fun! :rock

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw it last night, it's up there as one of the best worst movies I've ever seen. Norris got a great reception he stole the show! Loved the opening scene and Arnie back in one liner mode:rock:clap

Watched it on the D-Box theater! It was a badass movie maybe the best one I've seen! Love the humor and the nostalgic action pack extreme brutal scenes! :D

mostly Stallone Statham Dolph and the rest get time here and there. Couture didn't really have any mixed martial scenes but you'll like the Double shadow

exp2_ds1WebLR.jpg

Leaving now to see this for a cool $5.

have fun and let us know what you think, and hope you have a good audience. the last one I went to had a fat woman near me who wildly cheered and was annoying, especially when she was clapping like a seal during RZA trailer

My local cinema is nearly always empty there was about 4 other people there I dunno how they stay open:lol

Pretty packed for a 10:45 am show but thats because before noon its only $5.

Movie rocked. Some really funny parts, bad ass action, audience got into it.

Overall - 8/10
Action - 10/10

Don't hesitate to see this, it's everything a modern day grindhouse tribute flick should be.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The team was killer and had great chemistry, Van Damme was exactly what he should have been, Arnie and Bruce were fantastic to see togeather.

Pretty packed for a 10:45 am show but thats because before noon its only $5.

Movie rocked. Some really funny parts, bad ass action, audience got into it.

Overall - 8/10
Action - 10/10

Don't hesitate to see this, it's everything a modern day grindhouse tribute flick should be.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The team was killer and had great chemistry, Van Damme was exactly what he should have been, Arnie and Bruce were fantastic to see togeather.

very nice hope more peeps see it this weekend. what about Dolph give us your review on him.

I thought Dolph was a great character, I never saw the first so I can't comment on continuity or anything but he made for some excellent comic relief which I definately didn't expect. His background was equally funny.

I also thought the soundtrack was well done, some good classic songs, cool locations, it is a bit funny how someone will just show up to save the day but again I'm judging this as a Grindhouse film much like Machete or Planet Terror and imo while Planet Terror still holds the modern day title, this film blew Machete away. By comparison Machete's pacing is aberrant, the action is underwhelming, and the plot is a letdown that got too caught up in trying to make itself a legit film and take itself too seriously.

Spoiler Spoiler:

^ That was the best line. It was an amazing exchange.

The action was great. I liked that there was more practical gore in this. I also enjoyed Dolph. Glad they never killed him off.

Jet Li was a big WTF to me. Because I went out to get a quick drink after they jumped on the plane after the opening scene....and then Jet Li was gone. I forgot until the last half of the movie. :lol

Oh well. Didn't miss him. He had a cool moment. But eh.

Saw it today. Really fun. Would have liked a few more scenes to develop Van Damme, but he was still great.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Absolutely loved the bits with Arnold and Bruce. And Norris...The whole Norris scene was just too much fun. :lol

Back