The eBay Fiends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sonic1690

How can we stop those traitors who buy Sideshow collectibles as instruments to make money?, they buy the limit amount Sideshow allow, then wait until they're sold out and sell them on eBay for usually double the market price. Truly genuine collectors who missed out are forced into paying crazy amounts because of these fiends.

I'm always on eBay and every time I see a Sideshow item I'm amazed at the price some of the sold out stuff goes for, remember the $6000 T-800 Endoskeleton 1:1 Scale Replica well a guy sold his for $14000, unbelievable. I just want to know if it's possible for Sideshow to separate the genuine collectors from the actual retailers and then from the smelly losers that are victimizing us all. I mean Sideshow are losing the most, they sell a figure to someone for $200 then it gets sold again for $500.

I missed out on a few things but I'm at the front of the queue for the new stuff now, if I see one that I missed on eBay I refuse to pay those guys that are the biggest flaw in the way Sideshow runs.

If someone can find a way to eradicate this from our beloved Sideshow it would be great.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not only is it impossible for Sideshow to control what their customers do with their items after making a purchase, I actually think it's good publicity for them when there product remains valuable on the secondary market.

The only answer is to increase the edition sizes, and that's not always what the collectors want. We all would like our collectibles to retain their value over time, and with an ES that's too large, the value will go down.

thread rated for the new sheriff in town.

I'll also add that once an item is bought and belongs to someone, it is theirs to do with as they please; simple as that.

Yeah that's all and well saying that but genuine collectors who are not made of money are being priced out the market if they can't get enough money together to buy direct from you before they sell out, us genuine lovers of Sideshow collectibles should always be more important to you than the guys who use you to make twice as much money as you make. I mean surely the artists who put so much time and effort into creating the figures would be much happier knowing they're creations are being bought by people who truly appreciate they're work.

Welcome to Freaks! I have the faux bronze Fell Beast/Eagle dio on order that I plan on flipping. :duff

Sure! But I will give you $5 bucks not to and another $5 to ship it to me instead!!! :lol

You gotta be kidding!! $ 5 to ship it to the US? Those shards and bits and pieces weigh a ton! :google

Welcome to Freaks! I have the faux bronze Fell Beast/Eagle dio on order that I plan on flipping. :duff

Leave it up to Batty to start a fight with someone new... :rolleyes::D

You should lie down and get someone to drop it on your head, knock some sense into you!

Yeah that's all and well saying that but genuine collectors who are not made of money are being priced out the market if they can't get enough money together to buy direct from you before they sell out, us genuine lovers of Sideshow collectibles should always be more important to you than the guys who use you to make twice as much money as you make. I mean surely the artists who put so much time and effort into creating the figures would be much happier knowing they're creations are being bought by people who truly appreciate they're work.

Also, just so you are aware, this is not an "official" Sideshow Discussion Board and therefore, not an official "Ask Sideshow" forum. Sideshow VIP's may occasionally drop in and answer a question, but your best bet if you really want an answer from Sideshow, is to ask them via their web site "Ask Sideshow" form located here...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/asksideshow.php

...or via their customer service forms.

How can we stop those traitors who buy Sideshow collectibles as instruments to make money?, they buy the limit amount Sideshow allow, then wait until they're sold out and sell them on eBay for usually double the market price. Truly genuine collectors who missed out are forced into paying crazy amounts because of these fiends.

I'm always on eBay and every time I see a Sideshow item I'm amazed at the price some of the sold out stuff goes for, remember the $6000 T-800 Endoskeleton 1:1 Scale Replica well a guy sold his for $14000, unbelievable. I just want to know if it's possible for Sideshow to separate the genuine collectors from the actual retailers and then from the smelly losers that are victimizing us all. I mean Sideshow are losing the most, they sell a figure to someone for $200 then it gets sold again for $500.

I missed out on a few things but I'm at the front of the queue for the new stuff now, if I see one that I missed on eBay I refuse to pay those guys that are the biggest flaw in the way Sideshow runs.

If someone can find a way to eradicate this from our beloved Sideshow it would be great.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:violin :violin :violin :violin :violin :violin :violin :violin

Yeah it's to each to their own, but buying collectibles for the sole purpose of making money from the true lovers is wrong man and a cure should be at least looked at.

Hi Sonic! Welcome to this......board.

I dont know what all the fuss is about. I think perhaps youre just gettin in the game, and you may be looking for a piece thats gone way up. Some go way up, but if they do it takes time. Its been my experience that they usually always go down before up. You can always find a deal - just be patient.

Yeah it's to each to their own, but buying collectibles for the sole purpose of making money from the true lovers is wrong man and a cure should be at least looked at.

:lol:lol:lol:lol
As I have said many times before, these things are luxuries, not necessities. If you can't afford a collectible, you can do without it. There are plenty of people who wish they had problems like these.

I can tell you that this topic is probably the first or second most debated topic on this board, so you won't get the answer you are probably looking for, and we will be lucky if the thread doesn't get locked sooner rather than later. You will just have to learn to watch the newsletter every Thursday like the rest of us, so you don't miss anything you really want to add to your collection. That is the best advice I can give you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back