The eBay Fiends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:lol:lol:lol
As I have said many times before, these things are luxuries, not necessities. If you can't afford a collectible, you can do without it. There are plenty of people who wish they had problems like these.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

topgun_800px.JPG

you've gotta pay to play.

as much as i hate having to pay a flipper more than retail for a piece i really want, it's part of collecting. all i can see sideshow doing to prevent these situations is making a ridiculously high es for future pieces, and in all honesty, i'd much rather pay double or go without than have that happen. let's be honest, how many people would give a crap about a bronze eagle vs. fell beast if the es was set at 1250 or even 500 instead of 50... not too many. the low es just guarantees one thing, i'm gonna be watching that site like a hawk on thursdays to snag the next low es exclusive in hopes of flipping it to make back what i forked over for that fb eagle vs. dio. if you're patient and play and flip your 'cards' right, you can potentially end up collecting for quite a bit less than retail.

if they produced statues in such large numbers that everyone who wanted one bought one, how many 'true collectors' would still be collecting?

How can we stop those traitors who buy Sideshow collectibles as instruments to make money?, they buy the limit amount Sideshow allow, then wait until they're sold out and sell them on eBay for usually double the market price. Truly genuine collectors who missed out are forced into paying crazy amounts because of these fiends.

I'm always on eBay and every time I see a Sideshow item I'm amazed at the price some of the sold out stuff goes for, remember the $6000 T-800 Endoskeleton 1:1 Scale Replica well a guy sold his for $14000, unbelievable. I just want to know if it's possible for Sideshow to separate the genuine collectors from the actual retailers and then from the smelly losers that are victimizing us all. I mean Sideshow are losing the most, they sell a figure to someone for $200 then it gets sold again for $500.

I missed out on a few things but I'm at the front of the queue for the new stuff now, if I see one that I missed on eBay I refuse to pay those guys that are the biggest flaw in the way Sideshow runs.

If someone can find a way to eradicate this from our beloved Sideshow it would be great.

How else do you expect us to fund our obsession of collecting this stuff?If I get a chance to flip something that I'm not at all that interested in,then I will do it.If anyone else here or there is doing it,then by all means more power to them.And you don't really think that I give a ++++ about you not getting a low ES collectable do you?Ebay is the way it is for a reason.It's called the secondary market,supply and demand.It's what makes this ++++ fun.Yeah,you do miss out on some of the rare items but not all of the time.And you can't always win,you have to loose as well.You win some,you loose some! But! If you have a fat wallet then no worries,right?:D

How can we stop those traitors who buy Sideshow collectibles as instruments to make money?, they buy the limit amount Sideshow allow, then wait until they're sold out and sell them on eBay for usually double the market price. Truly genuine collectors who missed out are forced into paying crazy amounts because of these fiends.

I'm always on eBay and every time I see a Sideshow item I'm amazed at the price some of the sold out stuff goes for, remember the $6000 T-800 Endoskeleton 1:1 Scale Replica well a guy sold his for $14000, unbelievable. I just want to know if it's possible for Sideshow to separate the genuine collectors from the actual retailers and then from the smelly losers that are victimizing us all. I mean Sideshow are losing the most, they sell a figure to someone for $200 then it gets sold again for $500.

I missed out on a few things but I'm at the front of the queue for the new stuff now, if I see one that I missed on eBay I refuse to pay those guys that are the biggest flaw in the way Sideshow runs.

If someone can find a way to eradicate this from our beloved Sideshow it would be great.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Thread rated:cool:

I'll also add that once an item is bought and belongs to someone, it is theirs to do with as they please; simple as that.

Very true, just like it's your option to pay those secondary market prices.

Only thing I don't care for is when people on here start gloating about scalping/flipping the piece, in front of those who missed out. Which always seems to happen.

Very true, just like it's your option to pay those secondary market prices.

Only thing I don't care for is when people on here start gloating about scalping/flipping the piece, in front of those who missed out. Which always seems to happen.

Funny though that Sideshow themselves have done so in their last few catalogues --- read the "Limited Editions" section.

:wave

Collectibles are just that (or should be) - collectible/i.e. rare.

If you can figure out how to prevent price gouging of SS items, maybe you can also prevent the current price gouging taking place on oil/gas.

I can tell you that this topic is probably the first or second most debated topic on this board, so you won't get the answer you are probably looking for, and we will be lucky if the thread doesn't get locked sooner rather than later. You will just have to learn to watch the newsletter every Thursday like the rest of us, so you don't miss anything you really want to add to your collection. That is the best advice I can give you...

Even if it means staying up till 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning.

Hi sonic1690. Welcome to the board. I would hazard a guess and say that you are new to collecting Sideshow products. You obviously feel strongly about this morally corrupt situation, as I once may have. Now I do not feel strongly about it at all. It became that way through understanding. Don't feel bad about how, it appears, others may be treating you over this issue. It is not you, so don't take it personally. Peeps here like to stir for the sake of a laugh rather than to mock anyone.

It's like this. Sideshow make a product and call it a collectible. That is because they are desirable objects to a certain percentage of the population. They are up front about how many they will produce. This gives a collector, or any other person, an idea of how urgently it may need to be acquired. Nothing can stop the scalper or flipper, nothing other than the collector. Only if the collector forgoes his need and want of an item can the flipper become of no concern to the collector. So the solution becomes an individuals attitude. For you to find the solution is for you to give up the desire for the collectible item.

So what to do. Learn and observe through the newsletter, through the board, what items you may wish to acquire and how scarce they are likely to become. Play the game and know the game, be aware. Know exactly what it is you want. Stay ahead of the game by having funds stashed in readiness. Do not rely on a credit card, get and only use a debit card, to avoid future heartbreak. Have the cash for any eventuality. I can say no more.

Hope you like it here and have fun.

Hi sonic1690. Welcome to the board. I would hazard a guess and say that you are new to collecting Sideshow products. You obviously feel strongly about this morally corrupt situation, as I once may have. Now I do not feel strongly about it at all. It became that way through understanding. Don't feel bad about how, it appears, others may be treating you over this issue. It is not you, so don't take it personally. Peeps here like to stir for the sake of a laugh rather than to mock anyone.

It's like this. Sideshow make a product and call it a collectible. That is because they are desirable objects to a certain percentage of the population. They are up front about how many they will produce. This gives a collector, or any other person, an idea of how urgently it may need to be acquired. Nothing can stop the scalper or flipper, nothing other than the collector. Only if the collector forgoes his need and want of an item can the flipper become of no concern to the collector. So the solution becomes an individuals attitude. For you to find the solution is for you to give up the desire for the collectible item.

So what to do. Learn and observe through the newsletter, through the board, what items you may wish to acquire and how scarce they are likely to become. Play the game and know the game, be aware. Know exactly what it is you want. Stay ahead of the game by having funds stashed in readiness. Do not rely on a credit card, get and only use a debit card, to avoid future heartbreak. Have the cash for any eventuality. I can say no more.

Hope you like it here and have fun.

Thanks man, all the replies I've had have pretty much told me to stop crying. I found Sideshow in November last year and a lot of the great stuff was sold out, I tried eBay and the prices were ridiculous. But even the new stuff is there at huge prices, I hate it. As you say I'll need to get used to it, cheers.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would rate this thread a 5......except that it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back