The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

barebackman.jpg

:wave

Wonder if the cats eye in the background of the new Bane pic is a hint at a Catwoman reveal???

I don't think that's a cat eye. I brightened up the photo on my desktop and it just looks like a light. There's also a red light diagonally to it's right.

And so it begins...

Bane looks awesome. Never doubted Hardy since Shinzon.

miko-19 9 hours ago (Thu May 19 2011 22:43:39)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I spoke briefly to a few P.A.'s as the set was being "locked down." This was the rumor: take it with a grain of salt.

Bane is discovered after Ra's burns down a village with the league of shadows --- every citizen completely wiped out -- they watch as the mayhem ensues.

However, before leaving, a young boy rises from a BURING PIT, the boy (young bane) is covered in flames.

Apparently, he doesn't even flinch which makes Ra's intrigued.

They take him in and teach him everything he knows So basically,

Bane's only real advantage is that he has a genetic mutation that makes him impervious to pain. No super strength or chemical enhancers (tht i was made aware of)

From what i've heard from a couple people.

Obviously there is going to be some connection between young Bane boy and younger Ra's.. and this seems to make sense... at least, more sense than a Lazarus Pit in Nolan's universe.. however... i don't like the idea that Bane is impervious to pain... especially fire.. i mean, the kid would still be charred if on fire, whether he felt it or not. Nolan definitely has a challenge in Bane I think... i mean, walking that line between the reality of his other bat films and making Bane super human.... not easy... but DIGGING THIS LOOK!

Im so stoked about this teaser! It reminds me o the Heath teaser. Im liking it :D

I never had any doubts, the teaser pic looks great. Movie is shaping up perfectly, only thing missing is Heath. :(

So Bane is basically the guy from The World is Not Enough mixed with Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet?

image-11-for-dennis-hopper-1936-2010-a-tribute-gallery-gallery-879147955.jpg

I'm sure he'll be a kick ass bane, but the question beckons: why Bane in the first place? Not a classy character out of the rich Batman mythos

I'm just messing around, I'll be very suprised if Nolan mishandles this.

Having said that, with all the doubt we may have had in Heath, I knew from the second I saw the promo Joker pic, I liked the overall vibe. Here I just can't say the same, the mask is a little too Sci-Fi BDSM. Like Evil said I won't be buying any figures of this guy. But thats not exactly first and foremost so w/e.

No, bane is gonna be bane, just better

What do you mean by Bane being better than Bane? It's not very difficult to 1-up Batman and Robin Bane. :lol

More casting news,

Exclusive: Joker will appear in "The Dark Knight Rises" after all -- just not the one you think.

Christopher Nolan's tentpole pic has added "Full Metal Jacket" thesp Matthew Modine, who played Pvt. Joker in Stanley Kubrick's 1987 Vietnam War pic. He'll be playing a character named "Nixon" in the superhero sequel, though further details weren't available.

Additionally, Tom Conti and 11-year-old thesp Joey King have joined the ensemble, though in keeping with the Nolan tradition, details of their roles are being kept firmly under wraps.

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures recently announced the start of production on the superhero pic, which is slated for release on July 20, 2012. "The Dark Knight Rises" will film in Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles, as well as on location in India, England and Scotland.

Modine will soon be seen playing former Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain in Curtis Hanson's HBO telepic "Too Big to Fail." He'll also appear opposite Eva Mendes in Patricia Riggen's "See If I Care," as well as in the Ed Zwick-produced indie "Family Weekend," which co-stars King.

Conti, best known for his Oscar-nominated turn in 1983's "Reuben, Reuben," recently appeared in Julie Taymor's "The Tempest."

King, who played Ramona in last year's "Ramona and Beezus," recently appeared in "Battle: Los Angeles" and will soon be seen in WB's "Crazy, Stupid, Love." 11-year-old actress also stars in NBC's Amanda Peet series "Bent."

Modine is repped by APA and Untitled Entertainment, while Gersh reps Conti. King is repped by Coast to Coast Talent and manager Dan Spilo of Industry Entertainment.

https://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/modine-conti-king.jpg

"Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and ____ my sister!" -Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

I wonder if that little girl is going to be Barbara Gordon.

Modine is good casting, wonder what the story on Nixon is, sounds like a BS title to throw us off.

Not at all relating this to this movie or saying maybe he is, but just hearing his name in context with Batman now makes me think he would have made a pretty good Riddler. He has the look.

Riddle.jpg

Yeah, as I posted elsewhere, I don't think the marketing crew had much influence on Bane's costume design, if this is what he looks like throughout the film. What kid is gonna want to buy a toy looking like that?

Nolan-erds will buy the Hot Toys figure (self probably included), but that's not where all that merchandising revenue comes from.

Hey lets be glad this isn't a designed for toys Batman though am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back