1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Kind of bummed that he didn't drive the Batmobile in the movie but we do get to still see it but in the camoflauge which is still the same but just not back. The Bat oh man I am so getting that thing though. I'm guessing that it will have two cockpits one to hold Batman and one to hold Catwoman. Still hoping the Tumbler comes out in the next month or so.

You saw tdk right remember the tumbler got destroyed in that movie.

So explain why fox developed a wholly new aerial combat copter (the bat) but couldn't be arsed painting one of the multiple tumblers black. Why was there multiple tumblers anyway - it was a failed project and implied the one destroyed in TDK was a prototype....

So explain why fox developed a wholly new aerial combat copter (the bat) but couldn't be arsed painting one of the multiple tumblers black. Why was there multiple tumblers anyway - it was a failed project and implied the one destroyed in TDK was a prototype....

The movie takes places 8 Years after TDK and upon Wayne meeting Fox again for the first time since his departure Fox reminds Wayne that their conversations always ended with unusual request. Ergo Fox goes ahead and shows Wayne what he was working on during his hiatus the bat. Which was developed in the R&D department for the military. I'm sure Nolan just wanted to introduce a new vehicle and it plays a major part in the movie. If Batman wanted the tumbler I'm sure fox would be able to paint it black ASAP and the vehicles in the R&D dept at WAYNE have always been in military camo as seen in Batman Begins since they were primarily developed for them. I Don't think the thumbler was a failed project at all just not part of the story for Batman in TDKR

Last edited:
The camo tumbler was pointless in Rises.

So I dont know why anyone would buy it he never drove it

And the black tumbler wasn't in rises at all

Some may buy it bc it visually looks cool and can be seen as piece from Batman Begins and TDKR. And for collection completist it's a must have

I was hoping that this may have come out early, so I asked if it due in store next week - I was told that it would not be out till December !!! I hope that he was just getting his English mixed up, and meant August !!!

I was hoping that this may have come out early, so I asked if it due in store next week - I was told that it would not be out till December !!! I hope that he was just getting his English mixed up, and meant August !!!

who told you that?!

The owner of one of the stores I use here in Shanghai. I did ask another guy and he said August. So, I'm back to thinking the guy this morning got his English mixed up a little bit. At least I hope he did !!

Is this still scheduled for august there have been no news on it.

My retailer say it's expected in their warehouse August 20th

Thanks for the news whos your retailer I got mine preordered at bigbadtoystore.

Last edited:

Yeah Fox says something along the lines of that he's been consolidating all of the R&D tech stuff from across the company into that one place beneath Wayne tower. The camo ones were perhaps stored in another Wayne enterprises location?

The Tumblers worked, the bridge didn't. He said these worked fine in BB to Wayne, therefore the were more than one Tumbler in BB

Yeah Fox says something along the lines of that he's been consolidating all of the R&D tech stuff from across the company into that one place beneath Wayne tower. The camo ones were perhaps stored in another Wayne enterprises location?

Guess no one pays attention now and days.

Is there a release date when this comes out?

I found it funny that he could develop a 200MPH+ 1500 BHP jet-powered Tank-cum-car that could do all that and could nt get it to tow a bridge behind it!!

Pshhhh....I will buy the Tumbler without my wife's knowledge. Get it from the UPS guy and haul it across the living room in front of her without saying a word. Blast the Dark Knight Rises score at full volume while I unbox it, find a nice spot with her stuff on it and clear off all her girly trinkets with a swipe of my arm while staring her down.Then turn on the headlights and cut off all the lights in the house and stand in front of it like a boss.

I guess you rather have a tumbler than having sex with your wife, maybe it's time to look for a new wife...

Nowhere in persuazion's post did I read that he would not be having sex with his wife. In fact I inferred the opposite.

Sooo..... I won't be getting a Tumbler now, HT is making a Agent Coulson and Chitauri and i'd rather have a complete Avengers display.

So explain why fox developed a wholly new aerial combat copter (the bat) but couldn't be arsed painting one of the multiple tumblers black.

Because why go back to the Tumbler when you have the Bat? :huh

Back