1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Actually yes, in the first pic it does look that compressed :)! Thanks!

P.S, real jealous at all you guys who get to see the tumbler! One more reason I'd like to move to the US!

I was able to see it, the 1st one. I was bidding on some hero items, they had it outside. All I could think, ya go up baby, go up on the block.

I do have pictures of me in the 1966 car. There was a car show in Cleveland every year. After 5 years or so you just kind of pass on it (they only let people from time to time get in it. Only kids.

Man San Antonio had a bigger turn out than Dallas :lol

But at least I got to get up real close to it=win :D

The Tumbler Tour had a really good turn out in SA, Texas. Heres a few of my pics.

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_6023.png

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

Can't wait to have my 1/6 Tumbler.

Nice close up pics! :D

Considering price, display space, and wow factor
which is better, Batpod or Tumbler?

Thanks SixthScaleEdward. As for the space issue. I'll be getting both. I can always cross that road once I get them.

As for the space issue. I'll be getting both. I can always cross that road once I get them.

Seriously dude, i already have the Tumbler and it has just been covered up since i bought it. There is nothing cheap to display it properly. Even a custom case that i would put together myself is over £100 for materials! You would have thought that i have learned my lesson, but this didn't stop me from pre ordering the batpod too!
Anyone got any ideas on displaying the beast?

Seriously dude, i already have the Tumbler and it has just been covered up since i bought it. There is nothing cheap to display it properly. Even a custom case that i would put together myself is over £100 for materials! You would have thought that i have learned my lesson, but this didn't stop me from pre ordering the batpod too!
Anyone got any ideas on displaying the beast?

Well the Tumbler is a gift from my GF. As for the display issue. I was thinking about the Klingsbo display cabinet from Ikea. Would fit the Tumbler and the 1989 Batmobile. I'll just have two Detolf shelves on each side.

Here's a link.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40128563/

Well the Tumbler is a gift from my GF. As for the display issue. I was thinking about the Klingsbo display cabinet from Ikea. Would fit the Tumbler and the 1989 Batmobile. I'll just have two Detolf shelves on each side.

Here's a link.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40128563/

Tumbler is 3 inches too wide for that :monkey4

I looked at that Ikea display as well. It won't work. Look at the specs. The Tumbler is 18.5 inches wide. This display case is 15 3/4 inches in depth. The '89 Batmobile is 16 inches wide. It wouldn't fit either. I've not found anything so far that will accommodate either vehicle except commercial or museum display cases well over $1000. I'll keep looking.

---
I am here: https://tapatalk.com/map.php?ju2kw0

Last edited:

I'm putting my tumbler on a LACK table from IKEA. 50x90cm so the tumbler fits easily. I have a friend who's gonna make a plexiglass cover to put over it. I'm just making sure I'm getting it before he starts working on it.

I'm putting my tumbler on a LACK table from IKEA. 50x90cm so the tumbler fits easily. I have a friend who's gonna make a plexiglass cover to put over it. I'm just making sure I'm getting it before he starts working on it.

Ask your friend how much the plexiglass will cost. Ideally you would want 8mm thick and that would cost me over £100 to buy. In all fairness though that is the cheapest option i have found so far.

Ask your friend how much the plexiglass will cost. Ideally you would want 8mm thick and that would cost me over £100 to buy. In all fairness though that is the cheapest option i have found so far.

Since I'm not putting anything ontop of it, I'm going to use a 3mm. Thought about 5mm at first, but then he pursued me.

I don't know how much I'll have to pay actually, but maybe £100 - £150 for materials and assembly :).

Anyone think this table would work good to store the tumbler underneath?

https://www.cb2.com/go-cart-carbon-grey-two-shelf-table-media-cart/f7183

I thought it was wide enough and you could stick plexiglass all around the underneath part as well

Its 18" wide and 60 inches long which should be enough for this and a batpod

or is it not wide enough?

probably a stupid question but the tumbler relaunch and the original tumbler is the SAME stuff with SAME features and whatnot right? i was wondering if i should just preorder the new one or jus get the old one when i can get the same price

Guys any news of a tentative shipping date?

Back