The couponing thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! We got a similar deal on apple juice last week. Five cans of concentrate, a few coupons, and we pocketed $4.20 for our trouble.

Ok, my interest is officially there; I have three young kids who don't stop eating ....

hook me up Chris. :wave

I would like to know how anybody gets money back. Our stores will not do that. You may end up getting items for free, but you're not going to get money back. And we can't use more than one coupon per item. :(

Well, technically we have never left with extra cash, but if my wife applies the coupons for some items to their maximum potential, the cost of those items on the bill is a negative number, which is subtracted from the remainder of the bill.

As far as more than one coupon per item, it depends on the type of coupon. For example, Albertsons (which is a store that is working VERY hard to build a reputation of being coupon friendly) accepts a manufacturers coupon, but then they may have doublers or triplers in their own weekly ad, which can be combined. And they also have promotions like the current "Chill" deal, where if you buy 10 of selected frozen foods, you get a coupon good toward your next overall purchase (in increments of $5, $7, or $10, I think). So, that makes it possible to apply discounts from three separate coupons to the price of an item.

In fact, she made a second trip to the store today, because she had a Chill coupon, plus a manufacturer coupon for some more frozen fruit juice concentrate. She bought 10, and because of the coupons she used, she only paid $.09 per can of juice. But, on top of that, by buying ten, she got ANOTHER Chill coupon worth $10 toward her next purchase. So, in a sense, they paid us $.91 per can of juice today.

Heh Robodad, check your PM. I decided to go with your pics. I need 30. :)

I may do a San Francisco/California theme.

Not to be on you but if I do this I need them asap as the project needs to be handed in by Tuesday at Lunch. Sooner the better.

Thanks in advance!

Recently when Target had their $5.00 off blu ray coupon, I was buying Inglourious Basterds and the guy behind me was too. I had that coupon and a manufacturer's coupon and he was like, I wish I had some of those. I had an extra $5.00 one, so I just gave it to him.:lol:lol:lol I have gotten some crazy deals on blu rays combining coupons and in store promos.

That's what I do too! :banana
Disney has great Blu-ray coupons for their new titles.

Well, technically we have never left with extra cash, but if my wife applies the coupons for some items to their maximum potential, the cost of those items on the bill is a negative number, which is subtracted from the remainder of the bill.

As far as more than one coupon per item, it depends on the type of coupon. For example, Albertsons (which is a store that is working VERY hard to build a reputation of being coupon friendly) accepts a manufacturers coupon, but then they may have doublers or triplers in their own weekly ad, which can be combined. And they also have promotions like the current "Chill" deal, where if you buy 10 of selected frozen foods, you get a coupon good toward your next overall purchase (in increments of $5, $7, or $10, I think). So, that makes it possible to apply discounts from three separate coupons to the price of an item.

In fact, she made a second trip to the store today, because she had a Chill coupon, plus a manufacturer coupon for some more frozen fruit juice concentrate. She bought 10, and because of the coupons she used, she only paid $.09 per can of juice. But, on top of that, by buying ten, she got ANOTHER Chill coupon worth $10 toward her next purchase. So, in a sense, they paid us $.91 per can of juice today.

Our Kroger does that too sometimes. Trouble is, most of the times it's for things I can't use. :(

There have been women on shows who claim they get tons of money back because they can take two or three manufacturer coupons and use them for one item. I have yet to find a store that will do that.

Back