The Christopher Reeve 'Reeves' misspelling ZOMG thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Christopher Reeve 'Reeves' mispelling ZOMG thread!!!

grammar_nazi__by_marsmar.jpg

My English is bad but even I can't stand constant misspelling because it leads to time-wasting while trying to understand WTF.

Also I don't think that saying Reeves instead of Reeve is somehow related to the fact that both of them played Superman.

I should start a Keith Richards/Richard thread.

WHI U DAZERV?

The people that complain about the misspelling annoy me more than the people that commonly add the "s" at the end.

Go into any thread that has the error, there will always be some cliched **** correcting it with a patronizing, "oh you mean George Reeves?", "THERE'S NO 'S'", etc. Who cares.

Holy ****. Han looks scary as hell at the end of that clip like his face gets all distorted. :lol

Come to think of it virtually every possible instance of 'Reeves' will likely come from the MMS152 thread. I'm sure you could get this up to 50-100 pages by going through that whole thread to date.

I do not volunteer.

Last edited:
I'll forego starting a separate ZOMG thread for this one but WTF is up with people misspelling Joss Whedon? If it isn't Josh Whedon its Joss Wheldon. I see this so often. Is he still so niche that people aren't used to seeing his name?

Let's hope Wheldon is in top form for Avengers 2 because last night's pilot episode is something he'll leave off the resume..!

OK but nothing special as I thought it might be.....it doesn't come close to many other shows on cable(maybe it should have been HBO or AMC only...)

Christopher Nolan is another I often see spelt as 'Noland'...like the Fishburne character in Predators.

I'll forego starting a separate ZOMG thread for this one but WTF is up with people misspelling Joss Whedon? If it isn't Josh Whedon its Joss Wheldon. I see this so often. Is he still so niche that people aren't used to seeing his name?

Christopher Nolan is another I often see spelt as 'Noland'...like the Fishburne character in Predators.

Can't be worse than all those people calling comic-book artist John Byrne "John Bryne". WTF is up with that?

Back