The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How doe these compare in quality and size to both the Toy Biz LOTR figs and the Armies of Middle earth figures.

I have to say that these look really cheap at twice the price.

How doe these compare in quality and size to both the Toy Biz LOTR figs and the Armies of Middle earth figures.

I have to say that these look really cheap at twice the price.

Its called the new normal. Soon my granola bars will consist of empty wrappers, and have you opened a Dove bar recently. yeesh. To the point, the 6 inch figs should go well with the older Toy Biz figures. AOME are their own thing and I dont think we will see anything like that again.

Last edited:
IMO these are at worst every bit as goods as the toy biz figures. I think fans will really end up liking these figures and I'm looking forward to getting mine next week.

I'm sorry Josh, but I think that is crazy talk.. I'm siding with gideon.. these look horrid. cheap, and lazy. And expensive for what you are getting to say the least. I hoped I'd at least want a few of them.. but looking at those photos, you couldn't pay me to waste my space with them. :(

I'm sorry Josh, but I think that is crazy talk.. I'm siding with gideon.. these look horrid. cheap, and lazy. And expensive for what you are getting to say the least. I hoped I'd at least want a few of them.. but looking at those photos, you couldn't pay me to waste my space with them. :(

I'm not asking you to agree with me nor asking you to take up space in your collection. So its all good. :peace They IMO look good for what they are action figures and based on how things came out compared to comic-con.

Having them in-hand, I can say that they're really good. The majority are hits and I'm really liking the 4-inch line, even though the 6-inch line tends to be more geared towards collectors.

I opened the 4-inch Bilbo that I have and he's really solid - all the modern articulation you could ask for and lots of strong detail. For example, BD used skin toned plastic and Bilbo's hair section is a seperate piece - those who collect action figures know just how rare that kind of design is; usually you get sloppily painted hair lines, but not here. I also opened my 6-inch Tauriel and she's great, except for one minor paint bleed with the hair. Otherwise, these figures have all the modern articulation (except for ankle joints) and great paint.

I think too many people are looking at bad proto pics or judging the whole line against the pretty weak Goblin King figure (yeah, I admit he's very weaksauce). Personally, I'm really interested in this line and would like to see what more BD can do with it.

Thanks for stopping by with such a detailed analysis of a figure line that you haven't even seen in person. :cuckoo:

Having them in-hand, I can say that they're really good. The majority are hits and I'm really liking the 4-inch line, even though the 6-inch line tends to be more geared towards collectors.

I opened the 4-inch Bilbo that I have and he's really solid - all the modern articulation you could ask for and lots of strong detail. For example, BD used skin toned plastic and Bilbo's hair section is a seperate piece - those who collect action figures know just how rare that kind of design is; usually you get sloppily painted hair lines, but not here. I also opened my 6-inch Tauriel and she's great, except for one minor paint bleed with the hair. Otherwise, these figures have all the modern articulation (except for ankle joints) and great paint.

I think too many people are looking at bad proto pics or judging the whole line against the pretty weak Goblin King figure (yeah, I admit he's very weaksauce). Personally, I'm really interested in this line and would like to see what more BD can do with it.

I really like the detail they went to for this line from what you're saying. It will be something I mention when I review these figures. It seems like TBD went above what the normal action figure company would.

i have a bunch on pre-order through amazon and tru and i'm definitely looking forward to them.

Mine are all through amazon because of the prime service. The rest ill get trough them if they pop up soon or I just might search stores next week.

Mine are all through amazon because of the prime service. The rest ill get trough them if they pop up soon or I just might search stores next week.

yeah, ordered several from them also. you can't really beat their prime service. i had a huge tru order so i get free shipping on it as well (just not 2 day).

IMO these are at worst every bit as goods as the toy biz figures. I think fans will really end up liking these figures and I'm looking forward to getting mine next week.

To me these are overpriced figures only in the sense that it's more that I personally would be willing to spend on this type of figure. If these were $4.99, I'd probably collect some of them. That being said, 10 years ago the Toybiz figures were around $7.99+ and I collected those before Sideshow and Weta pulled me in. From what I see based on the pictures in this thread, these look to be better than the Toybiz figures were so in terms of today's dollar, the value is probably right.

Yeah, I'll get several. Not the entire line but a decent chunk. Most of my hobbit money will be going to Weta.

More Pics...

Hey Red Metal, keep those elves in a safe place! According to herr-der-ringe.de, Warner Bros requested their licensees to retract all merchandise involving characters from the now second film like Beorn and the Mirkwood elves. These will only come out next year and the packages with the AUJ title could become quite rare!

That's what I love about this hobby. These are not completely out in the market and there is already news of figures being recalled; which fuels the demand for collectors.
Even though I will not buy them, for those of you who will

Let the hunt begins...

Back