The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fva7dygYBDE"]Gentle Giant and The Bridge Direct[/ame]

I really can't tell which size is which in any of the Bridge images I have seen. The two gandalfs look the same size to me.

Did anyone get a look at the back of the cards?

As a sometimes MOC guy, it'd be nice to know if these are heat-sealed or if they use the same tape method that some Hasbro figures use. If they're heat sealed, I can see myself getting an extra set just for MOC, since the cards look really good.

I didn't look that closely for something like that and these might not be how they would be done come production.

My SDCC Bilbo arrived today. It was surprisingly well packed with an ample box and air bags. With that said, though it still had some box damage - a three or four inch slice (maybe from a box-cutter?) across the bottom.

Having decided that this one would be my opener, I busted him out. Initially, I wasn't too impressed with the Bridge Direct figures, even after seeing the SDCC pics, however this figure may have changed my mind completely. Bilbo has some nice crisp detail and great articulation, with some relatively tight joints. He comes with a canteen and bag, plus Sting - all look really well done, Sting seems almost perfectly scaled. With any luck these will look just as good on the retail painted versions.

Here's hoping my other copy of this figure (due Wednesday) comes in with a better box... or at least one that's not cut.

Glad you like the figure. I really think TBD has some good stuff coming for action figure collectors.

Me too. I need to find a storage for all my toybiz though which could be a problem seen as I have some MOC gems.

Just ordered Invisible Bilbo...really excited!

Anyone else notice the "Bwalin" and Dwalin 2pack error at SDCC? That would be a tragic intro to the line...

I noticed after I took the video. Issues like that happen all the time at sdcc. GG did something similar and I've seen it a ton at hasbro booth.

got my sdcc bilbo from tru this weekend. it is a pretty cool figure. definitely psyched for the rest of the line to start shipping.

SDCC Bilbo arrived and it is a really promising figure. I wonder if it will become as rare as the toybiz mail away Uruk hai's back in the day.
Can't wait til October!

SDCC Bilbo arrived and it is a really promising figure. I wonder if it will become as rare as the toybiz mail away Uruk hai's back in the day.
Can't wait til October!

Prolly not. I bought this from TRU when they had them in stock online (maybe they still do) then saw that Gentle Giant was selling them and then I went into my local TRU and saw they actually had them in the store. So much for SDCC exclusive.

It could be as its limited. Each box has a number on it out of how many made. At sdcc it was sold by gg and entertainment earth to allow folks to get it. Post con those two and toys r us but it's still limited to the already announced amount.

I believe that amount is 3k which seems really low given the market. Still would hate to have waited in line at SDCC only to see it at my local TRU next month :)

Honestly the line was never that bad. Well, not as bad as I've seen it at gg before. :lol I got mine after waiting in line like 5 mins.

Back