The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it continues for WB:

From TDB:

Sadly, we have some discouraging news to report today as well: It’s starting to appear as if Warner’s new Superman: 5-Film Collection is going to include Superman: The Movie without the rumored new video restoration, which was first reported to have been done by Jim Bowers of Caped Wonder. And while it appears that the new disc retains the previous (and ill-favored) Dolby Atmos mix, it’s looking like the 5.1 Dolby Digital mix presenting the original theatrical 6-track 70 mm audio (and which is much loved by fans) has been dropped—either by error or by choice—in favor of the same 2.0 original theatrical mix that was available previously on Blu-ray.

The reason we suspect this is the case, is that the Superman: The Movie 4K disc is already available by itself from Amazon. Multiple fans of the film have gotten their hands on it and confirmed that the re-issued disc includes these changes. And naturally, lots of people are cancelling their Superman 5-Film Collection box set pre-orders accordingly.

Avatar, The Abyss, Titanic, & True Lies CONFIRMED
Ha ha, but not ALIENS.

laugh-cry.gif

One of my childhood favs dropped for the first time on 4k and even the first time on Blu Ray.

Disneys dirty little secret - Dragonslayer - Rated PG for gore and nudity… Ah those were the days :lol

Have not watched it yet but seen some screen shots… looks like they did a stellar job. Audio has been getting rave reviews also.

vermithrax pejorative is still the coolest looking dragon in movies and still has the best name :)

Please dear god tell me they haven’t tampered with the film.

Most definitely!
Well

Color grading looks to be a little different. But I only know the old vhs and DVD

Also

They fixed some fx shots but only Matt lines and the shot of the dragon wine water in her cave. Compositing was really bad in the original and so they gave a CGI reflection of the dragon in the water. I saw a photo… it’s an improvement

My copy of the steelbook for Dragonslayer has been shipped. I sure hopes it works on a UK player!

From what I've seen and read it's a stellar disk, with an amazing transfer and great special features including a commentary with Guillermo Del Toro.

And Vermithrax Perjorative is indeed the coolest dragon ever committed to celluloid.

I just watched Dragonslayer and can confirm that it looks great and sounds even better

There does seem to be a lot of DNR in the final battle. I have to assume it may have had something to do with all the blue screen effects that were used. DNR is not used in the rest of the film (that I could notice) but it there at the end for sure. Maybe they used it to get a more magical look. Either way it’s no worse than when I could see the clouds through the actors in the original. All that has been taken care of.

Matt lines have been removed and there has been a touch up here and there with the effects but it’s all minor enhancements that you may not even notice unless it’s side by side.

It really was a treat to finally see this remastered with great audio and visuals. So many great sequences, set designs, good characters, solid directing and that freaking awesome dragon. If the film was made today the dragon would be seen fully in the first 5 min, no damsels in distress, all green screen sets, and probably some sort subplot linking the dragon to global warming :lol

I kept thinking “They really don’t make them like this anymore.”

I just watched Dragonslayer and can confirm that it looks great and sounds even better

There does seem to be a lot of DNR in the final battle. I have to assume it may have had something to do with all the blue screen effects that were used. DNR is not used in the rest of the film (that I could notice) but it there at the end for sure. Maybe they used it to get a more magical look. Either way it’s no worse than when I could see the clouds through the actors in the original. All that has been taken care of.

Matt lines have been removed and there has been a touch up here and there with the effects but it’s all minor enhancements that you may not even notice unless it’s side by side.

It really was a treat to finally see this remastered with great audio and visuals. So many great sequences, set designs, good characters, solid directing and that freaking awesome dragon. If the film was made today the dragon would be seen fully in the first 5 min, no damsels in distress, all green screen sets, and probably some sort subplot linking the dragon to global warming :lol

I kept thinking “They really don’t make them like this anymore.”
Can't wait to give it a watch, I had no idea that they were touching up any of the visuals. Any change to the funny little puppet hanging onto the dragon's head for the one part where he jumped down on it?

I’ve been reading some reviews online, and the reviewers were complaining about the cheesy special FX!??? WTF!

We’ve finally reached that point where numbskulls can’t appreciate the artistry of practical effects. I pity the kids of today 😥

Can't wait to give it a watch, I had no idea that they were touching up any of the visuals. Any change to the funny little puppet hanging onto the dragon's head for the one part where he jumped down on it?
That was a stop motion effect… so he still looks like a puppet… unless you are referring to a moment in that part I never noticed

I’ve been reading some reviews online, and the reviewers were complaining about the cheesy special FX!??? WTF!

We’ve finally reached that point where numbskulls can’t appreciate the artistry of practical effects. I pity the kids of today 😥
OMG!!! What idiots.

All I could think about is how much more alive the dragon felt than most of todays modern FX

Then again I am used to stop motion. If I never really watched it maybe I would be put off also.

There were other times I was shocked at how well the other effects held up.

OMG!!! What idiots.

All I could think about is how much more alive the dragon felt than most of todays modern FX

Then again I am used to stop motion. If I never really watched it maybe I would be put off also.

There were other times I was shocked at how well the other effects held up.
Yeah It’s bonkers really. I still watch King Kong with amazement at what Willis O’Brien managed to create in 1933.
Modern audiences tend to moan if an FX shot isn’t 100 percent photorealistic. And even then they still complain.
There’s been numerous times where people have complained that a CGI shot doesn’t look real, when in fact it’s a physical prop!
Which I guess goes to show that people don’t know what the hell they’ve looking at most of the time.

Back