The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UK Exorcist steelbook rear (and front) covers are freaking awesome especially with the bed removed from the rear image, sick!

IMG_7384.jpeg

It has leaked that T1 and T2 are coming in 2024 for T1’s 40th anniversary with all new transfers AND with T1’s original audio intact :thud:

So True Lies, Abyss and Aliens probably first quarter 2024 then T1 and T2!

All on 100gig discs. :yess:

Bill Hunt confirmed on a podcast! :thud:

2024 Year of the Cameron!
:google :thud:

Will T2 include the non-cenobite version?? :pray:

I
Isn’t that crazy how far back you have to go to find the original audio mix.

No one hates the remixes just include the damn original audio is all that paying fans are asking for.
I like but hate the remix. Like it because there is some amazing surround gun shots in the chases but for some unforgivable reason Gary Rydstrom made them all these really weird ineffective sounds. Original mono yes please.

I

I like but hate the remix. Like it because there is some amazing surround gun shots in the chases but for some unforgivable reason Gary Rydstrom made them all these really weird ineffective sounds. Original mono yes please.
I'm so accustomed to the Dirty Harry pistol sound effects that I actually associate those gunshots more with Terminator than Dirty Harry.

On another weird note I was watching A View to a Kill the other night and was surprised to hear the ALIENS "opening/closing door" sound effects being used for the equestrian scene where Chris Walken was raising the hurdles by remote control.

Cameron really sampled from all kinds of sources for his first couple movies. :lol

I'm so accustomed to the Dirty Harry pistol sound effects that I actually associate those gunshots more with Terminator than Dirty Harry.

On another weird note I was watching A View to a Kill the other night and was surprised to hear the ALIENS "opening/closing door" sound effects being used for the equestrian scene where Chris Walken was raising the hurdles by remote control.

Cameron really sampled from all kinds of sources for his first couple movies. :lol
View To A Kill and Aliens shared a lot of the same post sound people in England.

With BB stepping out of the steelbook game come December, is there anyone else who will carry those?
It’s been reported by Bill Hunt that Amazon has already been cutting into the exclusive steel books.
The UK Exorcist steelbook rear (and front) covers are freaking awesome especially with the bed removed from the rear image, sick!

View attachment 671614
I bought this version which includes that steel book
IMG_1099.jpeg

I feel like I have been waiting forever (cause I have) for a proper release.

Due to the Alternate versions only being available on blu ray I had slowly lost my love for the film.., Especially that recut ending :( add to that the messed up musical score and I had a hard time returning to it.

Then I saw the original cut in theaters last year and I fell in love again. Can’t wait!!
Wait, what's the deal with the musical score on the blu-ray? I bought the UK blu-ray just for the "spring winds" dialogue between Conan and Subotai before the climax.

Young Guns UHD review

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/young-guns-35th-4k-uhd-2023
Sounds fantastic. Dolby Vision and HDR10, accurate theatrical audio sourced from the laserdisc! I don’t think I realised Dean Semler shot it, sounds like a must get. Oh and a terrific sounding new making of with snippets of James Horner’s original score and outtakes.

Also, The Abyss trailer …

Young Guns UHD review

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/young-guns-35th-4k-uhd-2023
Sounds fantastic. Dolby Vision and HDR10, accurate theatrical audio sourced from the laserdisc! I don’t think I realised Dean Semler shot it, sounds like a must get. Oh and a terrific sounding new making of with snippets of James Horner’s original score and outtakes.

Also, The Abyss trailer …

Yep… I’m pumped for Young Guns

Back