The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other words you truly need to be an "ultimate collector" to care, lol.
IMG_0581.jpeg

Holy crap www.thedigitalbits.com is now saying that ALIENS will be getting a remastered 4K release about the same time as The Abyss and True Lies. :thud:
Yeah there was a screening of The Abyss in 4k the other night with JC in attendance. Disney/Fox seem to be really pushing everything Cameron they own atm. More great news in that link: Se7en 4K finally.

Get this….

Speaking of physical media, so I order three movies from Best Buy 2 available and 1 pre-order (Exorcist steelbook), all 3 in the same order.

The 2 available arrive but the tracking for one of them still shows “delayed”.

Later that month the tracking for the pre-order says delivered on 9/18, but I never received it.

The tracking says delivered to a very specific location that does not apply to me whatsoever.

Took forever to get a live person with USPS and that’s after I opened a case for a refund, the package was insured.

Best Buy didn’t lose it USPS did.

I explained to USPS of the incorrect tracking information plus the weird “delayed” with the package that I actually received and I kid you not they went and altered the bad tracking info from the incorrect location to match my correct location and then closed my case with no explanation!

In other words they changed the original tracking of the incorrect delivery location to my correct location to show that it was properly delivered and not accept responsibility for the loss!

You get what i’m saying here lol

I call USPS back and advised them that I have a photo of the original tracking info before they altered it and they proceed to tell me to just go get my refund with Best Buy and I asked them why should Best Buy pay for something that USPS screwed up.

OK this is where it gets crazy!

USPS says fine they will pay for it because it’s insured so I have to send them by snail mail the claim form.

Ok fine so far so good.

Are you ready lol

USPS informs me that in 6-8 weeks my claim will BE DENIED and then I have to request an appeal by snail mail and then wait another 6-8 weeks for my claim to be payed!

WHAT!!!

They really REALLY want you to quit the claim process due to frustration lol

Last edited:
Amazon delivered something to my address the other day. I searched high and low for it. Nowhere to be seen.

I randomly saw that next doors gate was ajar and they had been away. And there it was on next doors porch.

Someone clearly missed Sesame Street when they were growing up.

So 3 things happened but i’m almost certain it was # 3.

1. Even though its sold out Best Buy found 1 and sent it to me.

2. Even though USPS said it was lost forever they found it and sent it to me.

3. USPS stole it by throwing it into a “waiting” bin and waiting to see if anyone made a stink. When I made a stink and filed a claim they sent it. I’ve heard that’s actually a thing! :slap

I’ve never had a package stolen at my address and yes I know there’s always a first time but not even collectibles have ever been stolen including huge statue boxes.

Last edited:
Most movies I love I don’t need it on disk taking up space as a dust magnet for example look at My Bloody Valentine Extended Cut.

It is the superior version of the film but only available on physical media and probably one of the best 4K of the year BUT the disk doesn’t come with the digital code due to licensing! :slap

I don’t need a pristine 4K of that movie I would be perfectly fine owning it on digital but only the inferior regular cut of the movie is available on digital platforms and at HD not even 4K/HDR.

This problem is huge for me my list is very long where this is a thing.

Last edited:
Back