The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw broke ass Disney at this point they should give everyone who bought the Infinity Saga 4K a free replacement with the proper Imax ratios!
Man I used to buy whatever they released even if the picture was cropped because "something is better than nothing."

But now I've gone full Falcone from Batman Begins when it comes to physical releases from Disney.

"If you want me to buy your blu-ray then get down on your knees and beg. Like a dawg."

lol

IMG_8486.jpeg

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

Yet another case of a terrific upcoming release hampered by some poor studio choices. Special features on digital download only? Yuck.

The Exorcist Ultra HD Blu-ray disc (theatrical version) contains the following previously released special features:

• Introduction by William Friedkin
  • Commentary by William Friedkin
  • Commentary by William Peter Blatty with Special Sound Effects
The Exorcist Digital release (theatrical version) the following previously released special features:
  • Commentary by William Peter Blatty with Special Sound Effects Tests
  • Introduction by William Friedkin
  • “The Fear of God: 25 Years of the Exorcist”
  • Original Ending
  • William Peter Blatty Interviews
    • “The Original Cut”
    • “Stairway to Heaven”
    • “The Final Reckoning”
    • “Sketches & Storyboards”
  • TV Spots
    • “Beyond Comprehension”
    • “You Too Can See the Exorcist”
    • “Between Science & Superstition”
    • “The Movie You’ve Been Waiting For”
    • “Nobody Expected It”
    • “Life Had Been Good”
  • Trailers
    • “Nobody Expected It”
    • “Beyond Comprehension”
    • “Flash Image”
The Exorcist Extended Director’s Cut Ultra HD Blu-ray disc contains the following previously released special features:
The Exorcist Extended Director’s Cut Digital release contains the following previously released special features:
  • “Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist”
  • “Talk of the Devil”
  • “Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist”
  • “The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now”
  • “Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist”
  • Radio Spots
    • “The Devil Himself”
    • “Our Deepest Fears”
  • TV Spots
    • “Most Electrifying”
    • “Scariest Ever”
    • “Returns”
    • “Never Seen”
  • Trailers
    • “The Version You’ve Never Seen”
    • “Our Deepest Fears”
Just coming back to this, there are a few sites (like Movies Unlimited and Importcds, both completely reputable) selling an import (presumably from the UK which has the only complete disc set) limited set with these details, which seems to be everything on the discs.

Theatrical and Director's Cuts in 4K UHD and Blu-ray, with an additional Special Feature Blu-ray; Rigid Slipcase with new Key Art; Steelbook with Matte Finish; Double-Sided Theatrical Poster Reproduction; Double-Sided Lobby Card; 40-Page Booklet; 3x BTS Art Cards; 3x Iconic Scene Art Cards. On-Disc Special Features: Director's Cut Blu-ray; 3x Documentaries: Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist, The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown, Then and Now and Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist; Commentary by Director William Friedkin. Theatrical Cut Blu-ray: 2 Commentaries by Director William Friedkin and Producer/Screenwriter William Peter Blatty; Introduction by William Friedkin; Feature-Length 1998 Documentary The Fear of God: The Making of The Exorcist; Interview Gallery Covering the Topics: The Original Cut, The Final Reckoning and Stairway to Heaven; Original Ending. Special Features Blu-ray: Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist Documentary; Talk of the Devil Documentary.

I hate to be this guy, but I'd like to ask a question.

I have always been a physical media fan. I have way too many movies on BluRay. I recently started buying a few on 4K now that I have a nice new 4K TV in my house. My PS5 is hooked up to it and that's natively 4K so I'm looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about.

I was going to buy the LOTR trilogy tonight but upon reading a few reviews online, the reception to the 4K versions seems to be incredibly mixed. Most of the criticism stems from DNR, with many of the comments saying the audio and colors are still amazing. So I decided to research this DNR and while certainly films like The Bourne Identity, The Phantom Menace, 2005 King Kong, Pirates 1 and Terminator 2 seem to be frequent targets of "bad" 4K releases, I can't help but feel it's just a lot of people not liking DNR, which, it seems like many people don't even notice all that much.

So, are there truly bad 4K releases, or are people just complaining on the internet as our society is so good at doing nowadays? I didn't want to search this thread for hours on end for answers, so I figured I'd just ask the question.

I hate to be this guy, but I'd like to ask a question.

I have always been a physical media fan. I have way too many movies on BluRay. I recently started buying a few on 4K now that I have a nice new 4K TV in my house. My PS5 is hooked up to it and that's natively 4K so I'm looking forward to seeing what the hype is all about.

I was going to buy the LOTR trilogy tonight but upon reading a few reviews online, the reception to the 4K versions seems to be incredibly mixed. Most of the criticism stems from DNR, with many of the comments saying the audio and colors are still amazing. So I decided to research this DNR and while certainly films like The Bourne Identity, The Phantom Menace, 2005 King Kong, Pirates 1 and Terminator 2 seem to be frequent targets of "bad" 4K releases, I can't help but feel it's just a lot of people not liking DNR, which, it seems like many people don't even notice all that much.

So, are there truly bad 4K releases, or are people just complaining on the internet as our society is so good at doing nowadays? I didn't want to search this thread for hours on end for answers, so I figured I'd just ask the question.
I thought the image quality on the films were spectacular. Sure there was a little bit of DNR applied here and there but it is barely noticeable and tbh DNR is used on every film. Some companies are just better at it than others. These films have truly gorgeous transfers. You did cite some good examples of bad DNR, T2 being one of the truly awful ones. I hope JC fixes that in his current trend of releasing all of his films in 4K. I personally think that the majority of 4K transfers are spectacular. Some recent 4Ks I’ve watched and all look great include Creepshow, Highlander, To Live And Die In LA (albeit these also look incredibly grainy at times, but completely to be expected), John Wick 4, Edge Of Tomorrow, Raiders.

Man I used to buy whatever they released even if the picture was cropped because "something is better than nothing."

But now I've gone full Falcone from Batman Begins when it comes to physical releases from Disney.

"If you want me to buy your blu-ray then get down on your knees and beg. Like a dawg."

lol
I can handle the no imax (even though that frustrates me) but the lack of Dolby Vision really pisses me off.

Back