The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those look sweet. I wish I had that skill. Or that you lived closer and I could pay you to do that for me. I have a Sony though, not sure you like Sony. That your Samsung tv?

I was trying to calibrate sound via Jaws 4K... grainy picture in 4K but it has incredible sound design -- the rolling ocean drone, the splashes of the waves, the hollow thunk of those barrels, the whizzing of the tow line, the low sputter of the Orca's motor...

Man, those look sweet. I wish I had that skill. Or that you lived closer and I could pay you to do that for me. I have a Sony though, not sure you like Sony. That your Samsung tv?

I was trying to calibrate sound via Jaws 4K... grainy picture in 4K but it has incredible sound design -- the rolling ocean drone, the splashes of the waves, the hollow thunk of those barrels, the whizzing of the tow line, the low sputter of the Orca's motor...

As much as I try to give advice for tv calibration over the internet there is no substitute for doing it in person and never will be because it is room lighting specific!

Would you believe Darth Maul, Mandalorian and the bottom photo which is from Speed Racer are from a 1080 tv which I totally squeeze so much performance that it looks like 4K!

So much so that I have no problem putting them side to side with my 4K photos.

What you are seeing there are from my Samsung, TCL and Vizio.

Your Sony you bought is an awesome tv wish I had one lol

But the new 2020 Sony?s are even nicer, sorry lol

But the new 2020 Sony?s are even nicer, sorry lol

The only thing nice about 2020.

I'm watching Jaws in 4K and there's so much grain in the sky -- is that the film or my player? The old TV popped with color and I never saw grain... now I'm either seeing what's its really like or I've done something wrong. :lol

Maybe I need a 4K cable? I think I'm using older HDMIs.

I'm watching Jaws in 4K and there's so much grain in the sky -- is that the film or my player? The old TV popped with color and I never saw grain... now I'm either seeing what's its really like or I've done something wrong. :lol

I haven't gotten Jaws 4K yet but it might be natural grain from the film stock used. Alot of sky shots I have noticed that. You definetly need 4k cables though for your set up to keep up with the information from tv to everything. Glad your getting everything set up Wor-Gar that is awesome. JYE your skills with your set up looks great with phone pics. Each tv really pops.

I spent hours calibrating my TV, though not as nicely as yours look, and I suspect a small child in my house reset everything to default. I just can't bring myself to try again, knowing it could full well happen again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ll post pics of my JAWS this weekend just for you lol

I haven't gotten Jaws 4K yet but it might be natural grain from the film stock used. Alot of sky shots I have noticed that. You definetly need 4k cables though for your set up to keep up with the information from tv to everything. Glad your getting everything set up Wor-Gar that is awesome. JYE your skills with your set up looks great with phone pics. Each tv really pops.

Thank P!

Irritating to the wife so a fun hobby of mine lol

I spent hours calibrating my TV, though not as nicely as yours look, and I suspect a small child in my house reset everything to default. I just can't bring myself to try again, knowing it could full well happen again.

lulz

Last edited:
I’ll post pics of my JAWS this weekend just for you lol

Yes! But if there's no grain you have to tell me your secret.

You may be right. I checked the reg BR on my old player and if I look close I can see it. Its weird, like a moving swarm of bees... when Brody's drives away in his jeep in the beginning, its like the swarm moves and swirls around his siren lights.

Well that F13th 2 deleted footage was all rather anticlimactic after hearing about it for all of these decades lol

Scott?s upside down machete neck slice was the only one worth keeping and even then just meh.

Oh well bring on Mando.

I liked the ice pick through the face too. Overall too much hype for that. I have watched the first one and the transfer is pretty good. I'm watching the Punisher 2004 extended cut I got from Germany and it looks really good. Finally have it on blu ray.

Most of the scenes to Friday 2 were just a bit more gore. The ice pick scene actually looked well done. Kiev with all the movies you have seen I?m surprised you haven?t seen the extended punisher. Jane was was pretty good in it overall and the story was better than war zone. Still want a really good punisher movie someday. Every iteration has missed the mark.

There's a replacement program for those who have the new F13 set https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/friday-the-13th-replacement-disc-program/

Most of the scenes to Friday 2 were just a bit more gore. The ice pick scene actually looked well done. Kiev with all the movies you have seen I?m surprised you haven?t seen the extended punisher. Jane was was pretty good in it overall and the story was better than war zone.

Yeah I'm surprised that I never caught the EE either but when I googled screenshots from the extra scenes none of them looked familiar.

Yeah I'm surprised that I never caught the EE either but when I googled screenshots from the extra scenes none of them looked familiar.

You should watch it sometime if you can. Really makes the overall story more tragic when Castle realizes who set up his family.

Starting at the 14:00 mark does he really start saying that the new 4K scans from the original 35mm elements will include a 4K *digital intermediate* of all the CGI as well??? :thud:

Not even modern blockbusters get such a home video treatment! :google

Last edited:
Starting at the 14:00 mark does he really start saying that the new 4K scans from the original 35mm elements will include a 4K *digital intermediate* of all the CGI as well??? :thud:

Not even modern blockbusters get such a home video treatment! :google

Yeah, I heard about this. This will be the disc you'll throw in to really show off 4K. I hope other studios follow their lead.

I'm more excited about this release, than I was for any other 4K movie.

Back