The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance any of you guys that order multiple copies have a copy of the Halloween 4k SB?

You mean the one with the incorrect color timing...

source.gif

[emoji38] [emoji38]

I also agree that the second half of FMJ never attains the greatness of the first half.
FMJ should have ended with Pyle's outcome and Joker heading out to war. The only thing that diminishes the second half of FMJ, is that the first half is so amazing. I've always felt it should have been a 2 part movie.

That being said, the second half of the film is worthy on its own, but it loses much of its power following the amazing Boot Camp precursor.

I also think the surreal feeling of the second half tends to throw some people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well that F13th 2 deleted footage was all rather anticlimactic after hearing about it for all of these decades lol

Scott’s upside down machete neck slice was the only one worth keeping and even then just meh.

Oh well bring on Mando.

Well that F13th 2 deleted footage was all rather anticlimactic after hearing about it for all of these decades lol

Scott’s upside down machete neck slice was the only one worth keeping and even then just meh.

Oh well bring on Mando.

I liked the ice pick through the face too. Overall too much hype for that. I have watched the first one and the transfer is pretty good. I'm watching the Punisher 2004 extended cut I got from Germany and it looks really good. Finally have it on blu ray.

I've never seen the Extended Cut but Punisher 2004 has long been a guilty pleasure of mine.

The extended deals with Frank's Friend giving him up. Explains how Saint found him so easily and how Frank deals with it. Makes the movie better even though it is still far from perfect. I like it alot but like you said a guilty pleasure.

I liked the ice pick through the face too. Overall too much hype for that. I have watched the first one and the transfer is pretty good. I'm watching the Punisher 2004 extended cut I got from Germany and it looks really good. Finally have it on blu ray.

Oh I missed the ice pick one let me go find it.

I've never seen the Extended Cut but Punisher 2004 has long been a guilty pleasure of mine.

Wut

The extended blows away the theatrical!

I love that movie.

The extended deals with Frank's Friend giving him up. Explains how Saint found him so easily and how Frank deals with it. Makes the movie better even though it is still far from perfect. I like it alot but like you said a guilty pleasure.

I prefer it over PWZ!

Most of the scenes to Friday 2 were just a bit more gore. The ice pick scene actually looked well done. Kiev with all the movies you have seen I’m surprised you haven’t seen the extended punisher. Jane was was pretty good in it overall and the story was better than war zone. Still want a really good punisher movie someday. Every iteration has missed the mark.

You wouldn’t believe how many factors are involved with simple subwoofer placement lol

Sound system (2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc)
Size of of room
Seating arrangement
Dedicated home theater room or general living room
Distance of sub to seating area
Wired Sub
Wireless Sub

I have mine placed:

One front of room half way between corner of room and the front speakers
One rear corner of room 8” from the corner

For a soundbar I would place front of room near the soundbar before rear of the room.

You can give it some distance from the soundbar depending on your layout.

Those new atmos soundbars are doing a great job of mimicking a true separate channel home theater.

Mine seems to work best in your 8'' away from rear corner config. I'm not too impressed with my new subwoofer. The soundbar itself sounds great though. Trade off.

Of course the brand new 75'' TV I got doesn't have an eARC, so setting up Atmos is a pain.... plus I can never really tell if I'm hearing it or not.

I'll give this soundbar a few days, otherwise might exchange it for something else. Try to determine the sound inside of Best Buy is just so tough. I liked the Sonos Beam and might get that instead.

What do you have?

Umm which room I have multiple sound systems lol

I have 2 soundbars (vizio atmos and jbl deep bass) plus a dedicated speaker set up with dual aperion subs.

I love my aperion subs.

Nice. I remember you saying you really liked the Visio.

My living room currently is odd - 15 feet or more away from the TV and sofa backed up against a wall. One side is open, the other side has a slated wall and then all glass balcony window, so the acoustics get funky. The corner to the side of the sofa seems to throw the bass around the best. Everywhere else it gets lost.

Anyway, its nice to finally have a full and complete (is it ever?) 4K system now -- TV, bluray and soundbar -- can finally watch all those 4Ks that have been piling up. I miss 3D though.

Nice. I remember you saying you really liked the Visio.

My living room currently is odd - 15 feet or more away from the TV and sofa backed up against a wall. One side is open, the other side has a slated wall and then all glass balcony window, so the acoustics get funky. The corner to the side of the sofa seems to throw the bass around the best. Everywhere else it gets lost.

Anyway, its nice to finally have a full and complete (is it ever?) 4K system now -- TV, bluray and soundbar -- can finally watch all those 4Ks that have been piling up. I miss 3D though.

I am absolutely just blown away by the quality of home theater today even with the low cost options.

I can’t believe what I payed for a plasma during year one release. :slap

Yeah your room sounds home theater unfriendly as is mine.

Marvel at my calibration skills :lol

For me the presentation is as much art as the movie itself I view them as if they are digital oil paintings.

These are right off an iphone camera not photoshopped

EAE75D1C-B2F4-4CE3-BBB4-8345B279962F.jpeg
97DD85B6-ABD4-4F20-A76B-C0C0A26B30F5.jpg
0EC3BF2A-F02E-42A8-B448-1BE1B56D0A03.jpg
21CEB767-B20E-4AE1-A2BC-46EBD0E40D63.jpg
090F89AD-92D1-4797-9FCD-584A831C2C50.jpg
20C769B0-96FC-4704-8201-0EF0F38303BB.jpg
B26601F0-807D-4705-89AF-93B8D597184A.jpg
E0097313-471B-4B7C-8901-C26D31D4670D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back