The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really want the LOTR 4K. But supposedly there's a ultimate collectors edition coming in June with new content. Are you guys waiting for that or just getting the new set in December?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

New content?

I don’t think new content is even possible what else is there to say that hasn’t already been said lol

A reunion meh just watch the Zoom reunion with Gad.

The LOTR remains the pinnacle of extensive extra features on physical media.

Maybe to tie in with the Amazon series I don’t know that is my only guess.

I say buy it!

Last edited:
I'm good on BTS material for pretty much everything beyond Star Wars so I'll just be going for the steelbooks.

And man once I own the 4K trilogy of both LOTR and The Hobbit there might literally be only a handful of films that I'll ever need to purchase/repurchase again.

Where did you hear about an ultimate edition?

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/100720-0900

From the Warners press release:
?In addition, it was also announced that a 4K UHD Middle-earth Ultimate Collectors? Edition featuring the theatrical and extended versions of all six films, along with new bonus content, previously released Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy, and remastered Blu-ray discs of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will be released in the summer of 2021. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy featuring remastered Blu-ray discs of the theatrical and extended versions of the 3 films will also be released in the fourth quarter 2021, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.?

Looks like they still have to split the movies across two discs.

:slap

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/100720-0900

From the Warners press release:
?In addition, it was also announced that a 4K UHD Middle-earth Ultimate Collectors? Edition featuring the theatrical and extended versions of all six films, along with new bonus content, previously released Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy, and remastered Blu-ray discs of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will be released in the summer of 2021. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy featuring remastered Blu-ray discs of the theatrical and extended versions of the 3 films will also be released in the fourth quarter 2021, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.?

Thanks! Tough choice but like others are saying, I think I?m going to keep my preorder for the lotr 4K steelbooks. I liked the Hobbit movies but not enough to pay a ton more $$$ for the combo set next summer.

FMJ 1st half epic

FMJ 2nd half crap

Crap half starts after now famous hooker scene.
While i don't agree the second half is "crap", I definitely get that it feels like 2 different movies. I feel like that was the intention. 2 different versions of hell, and how it breaks the mind and spirit of those that go through it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back