The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No 3D.... $550... movies will be playing for free on TV just about every day as they are now for the next 20 years...

$24 a movie is actual a pretty poor deal for a massive set like this.

The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Yeah for $24 per movie it either has to have all of the 3D versions OR all of the proper Imax ratios.

$24 per movie for just 4K is not a good value especially with Disney + just a month away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4K MCU titles still retail for $29.99 to $34.99 depending on the packaging so anyone wanting to build a physical library of all the titles today might as well go for the box set.

But personally yeah dropping $550 all at once? Not a chance in hell *unless* they're provide the open matte IMAX versions. Since there's no mention of those in that first promo image (which would be *the* primary selling point) I'm assuming that they won't have them.

Which sucks but...saves me 500 bucks too, lol.

You can get all of the movies at 60% off on Disneys movie club with one at full price. That comes out to about $14 for the discounted movies with 1 being full price at 3 for 4k so about $310 plus buying the Spider-Man movies since they are technically sony. even with them being 35 or so still less than $400. I wouldn't pay it. I bought them all as they came out and haven't upgraded to 4k on any of them. Would buy them if they were cheap enough but not a big deal. I bought those that were initially released in 4K.

The 4K MCU titles still retail for $29.99 to $34.99 depending on the packaging so anyone wanting to build a physical library of all the titles today might as well go for the box set.

But personally yeah dropping $550 all at once? Not a chance in hell *unless* they're provide the open matte IMAX versions. Since there's no mention of those in that first promo image (which would be *the* primary selling point) I'm assuming that they won't have them.

Which sucks but...saves me 500 bucks too, lol.

Problem for this box set is that Black Friday is just 6 weeks away and only a week of so after this set is released.

I absolutely believe that the MCU 4K movies will be $20 BF weekend if not $15!

And you?re right no mention of Imax ratios can mean only one thing, imbeciles!

:lol

Hopefully they release full specs soon so I can officially let go of any hope for IMAX versions and then promptly pick up the new 4K steels for TWS, CW, IM, and GOTG and then just watch the rest on Disney+.

Wow The Mandalorian next month. :drool

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Problem for this box set is that Black Friday is just 6 weeks away and only a week of so after this set is released.

I absolutely believe that the MCU 4K movies will be $20 BF weekend if not $15!

And you?re right no mention of Imax ratios can mean only one thing, imbeciles!

$15 for sure, maybe $20 for steelbooks, cause they have a glut of steelbooks at my local BB.

BB is slowly, but surely dwindling down their blu-ray inventory. I wouldn't be surprised if their down to 1 aisle in 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

:lol

Hopefully they release full specs soon so I can officially let go of any hope for IMAX versions and then promptly pick up the new 4K steels for TWS, CW, IM, and GOTG and then just watch the rest on Disney+.

Wow The Mandalorian next month. :drool

I?ll definitely finish off my 4K MCU collection on BF just in time for the 8K MCU announcement with proper Imax ratios.

$15 for sure, maybe $20 for steelbooks, cause they have a glut of steelbooks at my local BB.

BB is slowly, but surely dwindling down their blu-ray inventory. I wouldn't be surprised if their down to 1 aisle in 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I?m panic purchasing movies now out of fear they will never be on disc again.

I remember selling my 300 LP albums because music CD were the future and now here we are with no CD and albums are back lol

Conan the Barbarian (1982).

I forgot that RO isn't on 4K, yeah I'd definitely pick that up and Indy too. I'd pass on the OT SE and would get the original theatrical editions but only if they were properly restored (since I have the Harmy versions.)

Otherwise there are very few backlog films that I would feel the need to upgrade past blu-ray.

Back